Cosmogyral

'cosmogyral' means to twirl around the universe but i'm just caleb.

BLINK TWICE WHEN IT KICKS IN

untitled.

16
The original draft of Poem LXII of aottsisfts collection

When the sun asked, "What is beauty?"
I did not answer,
  But a far more distant star said,
millions of years from now,
"All that isn't"
  And I believe it meant
something beyond our fickle mortal comprehension
  After all, 
the stars speak from the past.
  Yet we worship them always.
And sometimes,
sometimes I am angry
that I'll never know
the answer.
I did not answer a question of the past, I heard the answer in the present, but I did not understand the distant voice which to me, had spoken a riddle.

• December 15, 2020 - 5:35am (Now Viewing)

• pluto-

Okay so I came here just to re-read this and oh my god. This is so, so, SO beautiful I can't get over it! It's absolutely amazing, I don't even know what else to type. WOW.

• pluto-

AMAZING!!! Oh my god, this is fabulous! So simple, so beautiful!

• Rose A

This is so stunning and breathtaking! It's just spectacular! Well done.

• Rachaelgrace

Amazing. Have you heard of George Macdonald? Your writing is kind of like his which is astounding considering he inspired pretty much every fantasy author of the 1900s. Also I love lo-fi too which I just saw in your bio!

• Jj101

Wow this left me speechless. I also asked myself that question awhile back. Thanks for reminding me about it:) And like others said, the footnotes were also very lovely!

goodness this is absolutely brilliant. i love the footnotes, as well--they add something to this that is just beautiful. i love this poem, wow... wow. the way you portray the stars is simply amazing! <3

• Starlitskies

This is simply stunning! I love how all the components blend to create a whimsical feel. And by components I mean, how you've played with the science of light, and how dialogue and personification have given life to the stars. I believe your poem is something "that isn't" and hence, in itself, "beauty". And the footnotes? Lovely!