sunny.v

southeast asian baddie!!
wtw community’s official older sibling
running off into the sunset with circe
april 27, 2020 - march 2021

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
resident knight

thank you all for 250 followers!! i admit, i've been on on-and-off hiatuses since the Great Migration, so when i logged in to see my follower count i was like! whoa! i joined on april 27, 2020, and ever since, am forever grateful for this community and how it's helped me grow as a writer.

my dear friends, who i've now zoom called with, i wouldn't have met without this site. and i wouldn't be half as confident in my abilities as i am right now without all of you cheering me on. 250 is so unbelievably rad! so thank you thank you thank you! life's been hard lately, but with every "dark" piece i've written, i've gotten an outpouring of support. it means...the world to me.

if you've known me since my old days, cheers. who would've thought the overtalkative gremlin and jester of the court got here? i'm still the minority defender lady knight, but now i've taken on the tentative mantle of older sister, so? so much love to you all, and to every new face, too. i hope i can continue to be someone worth following. hugs? hugs! mwah mwah mwah!

the best decisions & gratitude to you (message board, please!!)

24

oh baby, i hang on everything you say / i wanna write down every word,
but do me a favor when you come through:
when i look around, / don’t wanna see you.” -- the strokes’ bad decisions.

5) and it starts like this: we drove your dad’s sedan off the highway, then danced on the roof. it sank to the swamp, so we took off our shoes. it’s way past our curfew: you flipped off the moon. i think you’re a disaster. i think i want you.

4) your sister broke my nose, but you say you like ’em crooked. we’re good for nothing, aren’t we? i might as well look it. drink this, lovely! then follow me here--this dump is full of smog. and your eyes are so clear.

3) i’m queen of the asphalt. you’re monarch of the mud. i like the warmth of your hands. i like the taste of your blood. and we love, and we love, and we love, and we love. with you and for you, i’ve done things i’d never done.

2) my mother chased me out of the house. it’s okay. no, it’s okay! i’m done playing cat and mouse. i have you, don’t i? i have you. i have you. it’s always worth the trouble. always, if it’s you.

1) and it continues like this: i make bad decisions, and you press them to my lips. i’m a catastrophe, and you seal me with a kiss. if i told you to walk the other way, you’d never want to be free. you’re a bad decision, baby. but you were made for me.
rhyme scheme started off unintentional, but like. the hands did what the hands did!

• ava09 (sorta back)

congratssss!!!!! you'll always be worth following. <33 love this piece.

• doodleninja

you are most certainly the older sister knight protector of this wtw kingdom! i've personally loved all your darker pieces and it always makes me happy seeing your name pop up on my feed. glad you're the one wielding the sword :D

• Future Pseudonym

I'm two days late but CONGRATS TENTATIVE OLDER SIS <3 you of all people deserve the 250 (or 253 now I guess huehue). We here stan our lady knight. I kid you not when I say there's no one on WtW with as much of a brand as you (except arguably beth r. but that's just cuz she's the comedy queen lmao) and it's amazing that yours has gotten you this far. I'm sure you have no idea who I am but know you've got my support!

In other news thIS POEM MADE ME SAD YOU GUYS

• lochnessie

ALSO ZOOM CALL OPPORTUNITY

• mindfruit

awesome piece! the rhyme scheme surprises you at times, but in good way :) congrats on 250 (now 251) followers chi (yes, you've taken on the mantle of older sister very well)! so happy for you, your writing is always stunning and inspiring and breath-taking and this is a run-on sentence but who cares, and you're such a kind person too <3 Here's to many more!

ahhh i love this piece so muchhhh
    congratulations sunny,you deserve all your success<3 you were always so sweet to me and gave worth to my writing when i was giving up.your writing has been such an inspiration,and i will never forget you and your work,and how it influenced me as a writer.your work is truly,one of my biggest influences.not in a way that i write like you,but its hard yo explain,i grab bits and pieces and i am forever grateful for that.you are such a sister to me and im so proud of you, also i miss you,but i guess there is a point where people feel like they are moving on from this place a bit. cant wait to read more and learn more from you,a true artist <3:)

re: haha that tree pfp i forgot about that!! XD hope you're having a wonderful day <3333 :)

• Jasmine khawar

Congratulations!! You really really really really deserve it! You deserve more than this! Your writing is spectacular!! And you're gorgeous XD
    (Sorry I unfollowed you accidentally, i realised today. I'm so sorry :( )

• sci-Fi

Congratsss!!! Your writing is so raw and poetic and beautiful and u honestly deserve so many more than 250 <3 but until then I'm proud to be one of them.

gah this! first of all, this is beautiful, i love the piece so so so much. It's just... wow. yes. It's been such a pleasure to get to know you and read your amazing poetry :) you made me feel welcome here, when I joined, and I honestly don't think I'd be here today without you. You have inspired me and encouraged me so so so much! I look up to you, you and all the other big names around here. But especially you, because you're so kind and sweet and amazing! Wow, it's hard to believe you only joined in April--that's pretty much just before I did, but even then, you were one of the people I looked at and thought "she's who I want to be like and write like". It feels like you're just such a perfect part in this community that without you it's incomplete. Anyways, I feel like I'm rambling. I am so so so proud of you, and I love your writing more than... well, more than a lot of people's. And I'm so happy to see you around here a bit more, it just makes my heart happy :) hugs! mwah mwah mwah <3 Here's to many many many more followers and pieces and rants... here's to the future :) *clinks glasses of [insert favorite beverage here]*
    Love ya, girl! You're the best older sister I could ask for <3 best wishes <333

• spectral

you've expanded. you can now crunch on the lamp shades at home depot. congrats.

ahhhhhh 250!! damn, that's truly amazing, and you + your writing deserves all of it. we met a few months ago, and you taught me so much. i wish i could say more, but i hope you already know how much i love you. as you'd say, "yeehee mwah! <3"

• Dmoral

when i said, "250 followers? that's such a small number when i can already picture with hundreds more. " i meant to say "250 followers? that's such a small number when i can already picture YOU with hundreds more."
    but i'm currently tired and brian-celled out so my bad

• Dmoral

sometimes i hate myself for how much i miss on and i'm definitely not as active as i once was in this community, so coming back to profiles like yours---it's crazy to see how much all of you writers have grown. love, i remember seeing you day 1 and being a little skeptical and stereotyping you as a newbie but damn did you prove me wrong. 250 followers? that's such a small number when i can already picture with hundreds more. and you've been here for merely months and look at all you've accomplished. to put it simply, i adore you. and call herself older sister but you're always gonna be my little sister i can't help but compete with ;) sooooooo yeah, it be like that.
    xoxo, wishing you the best ~

dmoral

p.s
    I MISSED ZOOM CALL OPPORTUNITIES ! ack what even is my life

• rwong

woahhh this is amazing and honestly *shyly blushes* i really look up to you and your writing/writing style...it takes my breath away every time. and congrats on 250!! you definitely deserve each and every one <3 <3 <3

• jun lei

also, you're as cute as hell, bae. ily.

• jun lei

calypso, my love, i am so happy for you! it's a cliche, but god, april seems like ages ago. and here we are, and how you've grown. i adored your poetry then, but i think i'm absolutely in love now. your writing is so raw & real, so very real, and that's rly what i love about it. the tone is just so lovely and genuine and almost conversational. like you're confiding in us. no one writes the way you do, and no one will. i would follow you to the ends of the earth and into the sunset, always.

• lochnessie

WOWOOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWO
    250???? i thought it was more! you deserve all the followers!! and wow 250 is so amazing! im amazed <333

awww sunny!!! congrats!!! first, this piece is beautiful, as your pieces always are <33 second, i am so glad we can encourage you. your writing inspires so many and i am happy to be able to have "met" you and read your writing (and even see it get better and better) <3 sending lots of hugs in return!! :)

congrats! holy wow, that's awesome! and i stan what mirkat said.

woah, okay i love this. i've always liked the whole playful yet deep thing in poems-- it feels more relatable and actually somehow more emotional than a serious thing that's also deep. you're trying to avoid the emotion but it seeps in and you can't help it. anyway, marvelous work! and congrats of u lations! <3<3<3

Ahh congrats!!! Your poetry is absolutely beautiful and im so happy for you!! 250. wow :o