Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
discord LexLuthor#8769

ummmmm....yea. this happened last night.
I learned gibberish and the first thing i said was "I like you" to my crush.
ASDFGHJKL
i don't know what came over me
but i'm so stinkin happy rn :)

it was said in gibberish

19
I won't forget last night. 
no matter what comes in the future,
I promised myself,
I won't forget.

I never said those words before. 
my brain has always been too muddled to make sense of my feelings. 
but I said it,
kind of

I didn't go all out,
it wan't the three letters you are probably thinking. 
it was close, 
but it wasn't that. 

It only seems right.
I know my heart,
I know it is yours. 
but I never said it out loud. 

I'm dwelling on a little comment. 
a sweet remark,
said in gibberish.
yes,
you heard me right. 
the first time I said it,
I said it in gibberish. 

I laugh now,
rethinking that moment.
you were teaching me gibberish,
a language your family made up.
you spoke it fluently,
and asked if I wanted to learn.
yes yes yes.

you told me to say a sentence.
to try it out. 
the first words that came to mind made me blush. 
I-the-gi
la-the-gike
you helped me pronounce it right.
you prompted the next word:
yu-the-gou

your eyes laughed.
I knew what you were doing,
did you realize I understood what you had said?
I said it again, 
finishing the sentence.
I-the-gi  la-the-gike  yu-the-gou
I know what I said

it hit me later,
that was the first time I told you myself.
and knowing us,
it is only fitting,
it was said in gibberish

#hardcoreblushingrightnow

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I love this so much ahhhhh

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

I read this again, and it’s beautiful! I want to use this method! But sadly, I’m not sure I’m bold enough for that................. brilliant piece! I love it so so so so so much!

• Caleb Urlacher

brilliant!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

This is about the sweetest thing you’ve ever written. I’d like to learn gibberish too!! I ADORE this piece!

• books4life

OMG!!! this is soooo sweet. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! this seems like out of a movie lol, my life is like "the boys are shorter than me. alright then."

• beth r.

love the pfp and gorgeous writing!
    re: awesome! I'll add more details in my next piece.

• Abigail Faith

Re: Aww!!! Thanks so much!!! :) :)

re: if i dont forget sure! :)

• xx carolina xx

re:
    YESSSSSSSSSS-
    LOVE PREVAILS IN TIMES OF PERIL!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

AHHH IS THAT YOU IN YOUR PICTURE?!?!? YOU ARE SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!
    Re: aww, thank you!! Yesssssss, it was me!! ISN’T IT AMMMAZINGGGG?!!?

re: oh my gosh i got excited reading your comment!!! aww thanks! yeah this was kind of a first for CL. usually it's just complaining about homework, cats, music, or nature pics. ah, yes the world of teenage feelings. it's kinda funny that your sis likes his brother now.
    ok, LP sounds SO NICE. like i can tell from your comment that he is just a good person. well, owning a cat ups his points. but the makeup comment? that's truly thoughtful. this anna and kristoff thing sounds pretty awesome. they're one of my fave disney couples.
    question... if you had to say, what kind of high school "labels/cliques" would LP fall under? that sounds so yucky when i type it but i think you know what I mean? CL and i are both def nerds, but i also play vb and run track and that's with a lot of the "popular" girls so i'm still friends with most of them. and i guess i'm sort of between the two groups, even tho i def feel most comfortable around "nerds"

yikes that's nightmarishly long

re: ok well reading your comment made me giddy for you!! ahh that is adorable! oh i cannot wait to hear how it all goes!
    as for me... i'll call him CL, cause those are his initials, and that's easiest. although now i'm thinking of chlorine on the periodic table. but i digress. so i guess i knew who he was but didn't become friends until the end of 8th grade yr. (i'm a soph. now) and even tho i was in a weird place w/my last crush (the cringiest and most awkward thing ever, took me like a year to not cringe thinking of him) but i kind of liked CL, right? summer is lots of casual conversation, calls, editing some of my writing together. and then it's the beginning of freshman year, and something comes up at lunch about crushes. he's the only guy with five or six other girls, i think, and the conversation turns to him and he's like "well, i already know. i like this girl" and looks at me and silence descends for a moment before awkward conversation starts up again and everyone is sort of reeling including me. like i suspected, but wasn't sure. it's been kinda this underlying thins since then, even tho i've liked other guys as well, or found other guys attractive, i've not really liked or known any others as well. like, it's mostly an emotional/mental connection, not physical. we just communicate really well. anyway, it's kind of like, everyone knows but it's not a commitment or anything official. i posted a piece a little while back about a convo we had... he texted me one morning and said he wanted to talk. basically just re-evaluating where we're at. i said i wasn't ready for anything more than friends even tho i want to, and i ended up sending a lot of texts about that a few days later. but this morning actually was huge... i sent him a pic of my cat (it's a "thing," cats and nature pics and music are some of the main things we send) because i finally got my cat to sit on my windowsill while i was at my desk, and i was very excited.
    his response kinda blew me away. it was way flirty. like, we both had established our relationship "status" but this was so cute and kinda forward. i decided to roll w/it because i had actually been thinking a lot about when/if/how we might move forward... but in my head, that still wasn't happening for another 8-10 months almost. cause then we could drive and prob would have a job and all that. but we had a pretty flirty texting convo this morning (not, like, inappropriate. mostly about hugs and cats and banking, all related. yeah. it was about how my cat stole my heart but it's sort of partially available but not for sale which is good since he's broke and he could pay in hugs so we'd have to establish a new bank and our cats can be the managers because that's one of their hidden talents.) note: i don't think i've ever actually hugged him, so that was pretty bold. but it was really nice, actually. he mentioned at one point "sidenote: we are flirting but i know you know that" and that is word for word. and he also said to tell him if he ever goes too far, which is so good of him. we both mentioned how surreal this banter felt, like in a book/tv/movie with the witty flirtatious dialogue. but it actually happened.
    so that's the (condensed) story! idk what i'm going to do at school tomorrow (we're on hybrid system so two days of in person school per week) when i see him, because covid, and i try to abide by the rules. but, i mean, a hug. from CL.

just so you know, i think all of wtw ships you two... and i am here for it. i think we're in similar places in the respect, so i'm here for you... tell me more?
    are you at that point where just thinking about it makes you giddy and smiling and nervous and weird and you can't even explain the things you're feeling?

• bookmagic

re- yay! That's so amazing, like the end of a TV show or movie when the main characters who have a crush on each other but won't tell finally get together and you're like "finally!" and start crying because they're so cute together.

• serein

Love this!! SO cute!

• bookmagic

awwwwwwwwwwwww! That's so awesome. Hope your crush likes you back....how couldn't they. You're, as Tony the Tiger would say, grrrrrrreat!

ahhh this is like... i'm with you on the feels girl. experiencing major giddiness rn too and also this is just adorable.
    re: i really liked david and goliath, almost as much as blink. super interesting. i'm also glad that your teacher accepted your topic, because it really is so important. and yeah essay writing is still writing! and often as important as fiction.
    and tysm for that reminder. slowing down and being still is harder and harder, but you're right. one thing at a time. and i'm listening to sleeping at last rn, so that helps.

awwwwwwwwwwww DUDE! that's so awesome (and funny ngl) :D best wishes!!!!! hope they like you toooooo <3

• Nathaniel G. Williams

Re: Crunchy granola? XD. It is definitely wacky in Portland. And just a side note, but isn't an hour north of Washington still the Northwest?

• xx carolina xx

PLEASE TELL ME THEY SAID THEY LIKED U BACCCCCK