ANSON REYNOLDS

heyyy
life is lovely and so are you.
-
14
super awesome
oldest sister
showing off bad dance moves in (the best state ever) Indiana
-
you are beautiful
you are enough
-
6.3.20

reader reading: this stuff is capital t terrible!
me: tell me allllllll about it.
-
if you hate, love it, or are in that lukewarm "it was ok" area I WANT TO HEAR IT!!!! comment, review, ask questions! <3

advice poem (p l e a s e read I need some edits before I turn this in for class...)

17
don't do what I did and smile even when you feel sick to your stomach and your foot is moaning with pain.
don't mute yourself on zoom calls so that your best friends won't hear you crying.
don't take out every pain you've ever felt, or caused, or thought on yourself because you don't want anyone else to have to deal with your messy, messed up insides.
and if you do end up doing any of that, go outside and look up.
the sun still shines and the sky is infinite.

when you feel like the shame will crush you,
and their names will bury you,
and every idea you've ever had is only a product of your insecurity, 
look up.

you could be wrong, and prideful, and ashamed, and scared,
                    the sun still shines.
and tired, and lonely, and just waiting for everyone to leave so you can scream away the hurt in private,
                    and the sky is infinite.
but you know you won't collapse to the floor because that's not what people expect from you, and besides, yelling always makes you feel more guilty. take a deep breath and push away your tears, you just need to
                    look up.

you could be anything, everything, and nothing, but look up.
*deeeeeep breathhhhhhh* 
For my English class we had to write an advice poem, and this one's mine. Looking at the sky and afternoon sunlight are two of my favorite things, and have definitely been my therapy through all stuff I've needed to deal with.
If you feel like you're in a downward spiral(and I totally understand the feeling)- talk to somebody. That includes WtW people- just about everybody here wants to listen to you if you need to vent.
<3 you are loved.

1

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow! This is really good! My only advice would be maybe put the line from footnotes about talking to someone in there. You don’t have to of course, but something like “if you feel like you’re on a downward spiral, you have to look up before you can go up. Others will help you climb, if only you tell them you need it. There are many people who want to help you. Just look up and imagine that they’re doing the same thing” Idk. That’s just kinda what happened when I was writing a suggestion, XD. Anywhoo, nice work!!

• crystalline•galaxies

who gave you the right to make me cry first thing in the morning? honestly, this piece really resonated with me. i hope you're doing well, and i'm just... wow. there's not much editing advice that pops into my head immediately when i read this piece (i mean, i don't even know if you still need criticism anymore or if you've turned it in already), though i can try to find some things if you want me to. also, thank you for the reminder to talk to someone; it's something i forget quite often.

• Ren(hiatus)

I love this! Honestly I would've needed a few days ago but now I'm doing pretty lovely and it feels great to be alive. Though your poem kinda brought a smile to my face so thank you!

• AstroWriter

Yes! I love this! Sun will continue to shine even when you don't but it doesn't stop you to joining the sUn <3

• Just_A_Memory

Oh dang... sometimes it's hard to remember that the sun really does continue to shine

• A blind (young) man

Hey, lots of love in this poem, I can feel it. I'm pretty sure you got a good grade, if this has been submitted yet. I like to be near water for the same reasons, rivers or lakes. :)

• brioooche

Hey,
    Chapter 3 of you said what? was just published. Make sure to check it out.
    Sincerly,
    brioooche
    (I really like this poem. It is very well written and I can relate. thank you for writing it!)

Re: Thanks!! C and I are definitely not gonna get together but thank you anyway lol. I'm glad to be invited. :D

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you sooo much!!!!! And ha, idk about that.... XD But thank you!!!

• kathryn siena

wow. that was... amazing! beautiful writing!!

• ChocolateKiwi

Woah this is amazing!

Woah this is good

• wavewriter

...
    I'm speechless. This is awesome.

• sci-Fi

review on the way!

• bookmagic

This is seriously awesome. I think my editing fuel has run out. I'll come back once I get some cake or a brownie or something.

• Busssy.Beee

yeah, i look up at the sky a lot too. it really does help, doesn't it? <33