Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Republishing because Happy Easter everyone! He is risen!

Originally posted December 10, 2020

And through it all, He is holding me

26

I peered through the darkness
and sought out the source of this trembling joy
An aching love that fills me with hope
that there is so much more than this

I found the face of my Savior
looking back at me with eyes gentle and strong
Every talent and trait is a gift from heaven
written into my every breath

How amazing is it
that this is not all about me
For I could never be enough for anyone
but I stand in the power and favor of the King
Oh my gosh you guys. God is on my side!! How freaking cool is that?!
I wrote this last night after reading the poem and looking at the painting with the name Prince of Peace, both of which Akiane Kramarik created when she was only eight. I found out about her through the book Heaven Is For Real, which I just reread. It's about a kid who had a near-death experience that resulted in him visiting heaven. I'd recommend that book to literally anyone.

1

• one hundred forty-seven

Re: Oh wow! That sounds like fun. I'll have to check picrew out. What characters were you creating? I went to the doctor today with mom, and she let me drive on the freeway for the first time. I really enjoy driving, so that was fun! We talk a lot too on our long drive.

• nolongeractive

Ohhh I love this.

• WrenBirdWrites

Great piece!! And, I love Heaven Is For Real, that was what really got me interested and wanting to know God.

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Whew! Now I'm excited :)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Fun! ikr, and thanks! Good to know cause me and my church friends are kinda hesitant to go back in case it's super different....

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Re: Oh nice! Sounds fun, I'm jealous, no church til Wednesday (finally!) I did a hunt over at my grandparents, I didn't do so well getting not much $ as my siblings. Bargained for a bit of chocolate for candy XD Wish I went to church though, how's it like with covid ?

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Yess!!!! I love this! And Happy Easter to you too Anne! How are you doing? :)

• Wisp

Replying: Ahhh, Anne you're making me smile so much!! And thank you for the questions! I'll be sure to use each and every one! :))

• Wisp

I'm not quite sure the first time I started noticing you more and more on WtW, but you've always been there along the surface. I've been here longer than you, but to me it feels quite the opposite. When you commented on my one year piece that was kinda the defining moment that I realized how sweet and sincere you truly were. I suppose it was around this time that I started commenting more on your pieces, and I was just blown away by how absolutely sweet you were. Honestly, you've given me so many smiles and so many words of encouragement that I'm just astonished. You are just so amazing and I'm so glad I met you on my WtW journey. And the reason I'm writing this is because I hit a milestone of 108 followers and I wanted to personally extend my gratitude. Anne, you are so so so sweet and a million times kinder. You have lifted me up from my darkest days and made me laugh when I didn't even know I needed a laugh. You've made me smile more times than I can count and I am just so incredibly thankful for that. You've given me a better outlook on life and your sincerity and genuineness is beyond compare. Thank you so much for all you've given me, you deserve all the happiness that has and will come to you. Thank you.
    (Also, I'm doing a dust jacket, so if you have any questions, send them my way!)

• Wisp

I love how you craft this. It flows so well together and it just shows your kindness and sincerity so well. And those lines:
    "How amazing is it
    that this is not all about me"
    It's just so tender and sweet and as Elizabeth Lewis said, so encouraging. This piece feels like a warm hug after a cold day, it feels like laughter after crying, it feels so homey. There's a quaintness to it and that just makes it so sweet. You've written this in such a cozy way that I can't help but be comforted by it. It's just so lovely and I absolutely adore it.

• Elizabeth Lewis

This is so encouraging! Jesus is with you!!!

• Elizabeth Lewis

I love this so much!!!!! God is kind!!!!

replying:*covers mouth with hands* eek sorry for discrediting you,dear romantisizer. ya girl is all over the place(cant believe i just said that.why do i keep saying that).true that.true that. haha i mean its a gift and a curse;)

re: also yes i do like that idea about colborne--thank you!

re: oh thank you so much for your comment! that is super encouraging!! I am so glad you liked the chapter. I had a lot of fun writing that one haha
    aww thank you so much <33 yes it is me in my pfp --along with my crush who i sometimes write about ;)

" 90% of the population here are hopeless romantics" girl stop calling me out lol:)

Pretty sure I liked this already on Light, but this is wonderful! Really inspiring; puts a warm feeling in my heart.
    Re: yes, I love the fairy tale (I'm kind of a fairy/folk tale nerd so I though it would be fun to do a retelling/sequel.)

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

re: oh no it disappeared :,( thats so sad. anyway its the blushing face with all the love hearts :)
    also this piece is lovely! as always im blown away

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

re: you're actually the sweetest I love coming back to wtw and seeing a comment from you. I wish you could add emojis . OMG YOU CAN!! copy and paste. anyway that's how ur comments make me feel.

• anemoia by a thread

re: yep, i'm a norcal girl!

• anemoia by a thread

absolutely. that really is so cool when you stop and think about it
    re: ofc you can come and explore! that's ok, i have a feeling we would have a lot of fun. i say explore, but it's not quite that big

• rwong

ohmygoodness i totally agree knowing that He's on my side literally gives me so much hope!! oh and beautiful writing btw
    have you watched the movie? i totally agree the book/movie (i've seen/read both) is amazing and highly recommended!! oh and on a side note, have you watched Miracles From Heaven? it's kinda (very kinda) similar

• lochnessie

oh this made me smile anne! it's beautiful and calming <3

• Just_A_Memory

This is fabulous! If you want more pieces like to it, I suggest "One tattered angel" It made me cry in a spiritual way <3

did you repost this? i thought i had commented on it but i guess not. this is such a powerful piece. so well written and the meaning is so important. love this <3

also, Chapter 5 for On The High Seas has been published ;) https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/207962/version/428522

replying: yes anne yes you did:)
    honey aunt,yes ma'am haha thank you:)

• bookmagic

I feel like it is important to recognize the sheer amazingness of someone so much better than us loving us and being on our side. He literally could've thrown us out, but he didn't which is all the more reason to be happy.

the amount of hope that God fills us with is one of the best things in the world

ah this is so beautiful.
    "Every talent and trait is a gift from heaven
    written into my every breath" <3

re: :)
    just read about the painting, so amazing!!! <3

ahh this just made me so... happy, so full of love. there are times when i feel like i'm just about to burst with God's love, do you know that feeling? idk. it's just so freaking amazing that the creator of the universe loves us, each and every one of us :) i'll check out the book :)))

• Starlitskies

Wow! There's so much meaning laced within your words. So beautiful! I'll be sure to check out that book. Maybe you'll write about it for the book review competition next month (oh my gosh, year!) Now that I think about it, do you write for competitions? I don't remember coming across any competition pieces of yours. You should totally write for them cos wow, just look at this poem. <3