mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

hello! so i've been thinking about all those quotes in the footnotes and then this poem like thing sprang out and i feel like it totally describes my life right now. how can we find meaning when we never pause to stop for a moment to catch our breath, to stop existing and start living, to break out of the status quo we put ourselves in? anyway. just some musings. i want to do something, be someone, but i don't know how.

hmmm, okay some life updates... i am officially obsessed with the "dear hank & john" podcast (and yes, i'm going through a john green phase). i swear, you think the next episode can't get any better but somehow it does. am i the only nerdfighter on here?

oh, one more thing! sometimes i forget to respond to comments and i feel terrible... i've got other things to do, though so plz know it has nothing to do with you! i will do my best to respond. thank you, guys!

<3<3<3

all forward all the time

15

marrying is easier than falling in love.
then comes a job, kids, school, college if you're lucky--
hell, just kidding. you're lucky.
and it's happening again, over and over and over.
it's all forward all the time.

the constant motion is making my sick--
sometimes it's not enough to be drunk on life. 
i have to sit down for a moment, catch my breath.

you'd think the dreams would run out soon, 
but no-- they're better kindling than any old newspaper.
they keep you warm in mind and body but
it's your soul that's left shivering on the floor.  

you live with the illusion of stepping forward and
maybe we're all just stuck and nobody knows it but me.
the thing is, this is forever. you can't change it.
but forever is composed of nows.

*credit to john green for the last line. see message from the author plz.*

"I contradict myself, I contain multitudes" -- Walt Whitman, Song of Myself

“Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. (...) You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.” -- John Green, Looking for Alaska

"All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm. (...) Everyone demented with the mania of owning things. All the things paper-thin and paper-frail. And all the people, too. I've lived here for eighteen years and I have never once in my life come across anyone who cares about anything that matters.” --John Green, Paper Towns

"What about the rest of your life?"
She shrugged. "What about it?"
"Aren't you worried about, like, forever?"
"Forever is composed of nows," she says."
-- John Green, Paper Towns

Re: Thank you so much! And you're right, it is amazing! I felt so inspired by looking at the conjugaton (I don't think I spelt that right XD), I just had to write something!

About the library buddies, I hope that's alright with you. I had asked if we could be lunch buddies, and you said yes, but then LindyTheRavenclaw gave me this amazing idea of being library buddies, so I switched to that. We can still be lunch buddies in your profile if you wanna!

How are you doing? We haven't spoken in a while.... I'm studying for my last midterm which happens to be in two hours, so I might not respond to your message, but it would be great to hear from you again!

Re: I'm doing fine! Woke up about an hour ago, and I'm probably going to make breakfast after this. What about you?

• anemoia by a thread

oh wait, i was coming here to reply...
    re: i so appreciate your opinion on my work. thank you! that was the goal (the imagery and the strong points). and thanks! i have no idea what i'm really gonna do, since the people with whom i was doing the script are busy, but it should be fairly easy to revise the other piece that you reviewed... but i've got finals next week and all sorts of holiday stuff (mostly getting cards and gifts together) so we'll see

• anemoia by a thread

this is so so beautiful. that first line jumped at me and it seems oddly true. ahhh john green is truly one of the literary greats of our time. would not be surprised if his books were someday an assigned reading in english (by which time kids would protest over having to read such a boring old book.) his videos are hilarious (i don't watch him regularly, but sometimes we get assigned his history or english videos, and they make it so funny and real).
    his quotes are brilliant. and the way you wove them into this piece is stunning.

• Rachaelgrace

Wow this is so true and good. Great job.

hi mirkat!! its birdofprey i got banned for protesting but i just published another protest piece if you want to read

• rafaelsolanoishot

love this! So good, such talent!

Also, this is weird and might be creepy (it's not though!), but d'you wanna be WtW lunch buddies?

This is just stunning. You've captured so much into four stanzas. Beautiful.

And you don't need to respond to all comments!

• A blind (young) man

I love this!

• Rose A(hiatus)

Wow, this great! Very beautiful and thought provoking.
    Also, It's amazing that you make the effort to do so, but you don't have to respond for every single comment you know.
    Hope you're doing good. :)

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

so pretty ;D

• Odysseus

"Francois Rabelais. He was a poet. And his last words were "I go to seek a Great Perhaps". That's why I'm going. So I don't have to wait until I die to seek a Great Perhaps." - John Green, Looking for Alaska

Wow this is beautiful! :))