beth r.

... just your average, teenage writer

*sips chocolate milk* true story

swipers and swiffers

20
              I joined my Zoom English class, and my friend Amy wasn't muted and I heard her mom threatening her with a flip flop. Yup, we stan her mom in this household. My other friend joined, and put their name as "Your Swiffer Overlord". This sparked a conversation where someone was like, "Oh, the Swiffer from Dora the Explorer?" 
"You mean the Swiper?" I asked incredulously. 
"No, that little hot pink beaver thing were they're like, 'Swiffer no swiping'!"
I sighed the hardest I ever did.
"No, a Swiffer is like a broom's weird second cousin. In Dora, it's a Swiper, and it's orange, ya dingus."
"How do you know so much about Dora anyway?" Asked the perpetrator defensively, obviously not prepared to accept defeat to my so-extensive-it's-concerning cartoon knowledge. 
I mean, Dora's a pretty good part of my childhood.
Minus the parts were she asks a question and stares into the screen, and your soul, for an eternity.

"Minus the parts were she asks a question and stares into the screen, and your soul, for an eternity." *nods*

• books4life

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Future Pseudonym

Why doth no one speak of "A Swiffer is like a broom's weird second cousin"
    Clearly it's by marriage *sideyes the ungodly creation that is the mop-broom*

this has me laughing so hard

• xx carolina xx

re: yeah i'm gonna unpublish it

• AbellePuppy34

Re: Thanks! That's a big deal to me, so thanks for being one of them!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: awwwwww!!! Thank you so much, Beth!!!! Your comments are so incredibly sweet too! <33333 AND YOU HAVE 160+ CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Dora was my life when I was little....... baby Eden is shaking her head scornfully at the very idea of “hot pink Swiffer” Just, no no no no. Thank you for defending my childhood!!! This is great!

• Shay

I agree with izzywinter(#ChristmasCheer) and AbellePuppy34. The live action movie was great.

• AbellePuppy34

Oh, and so izzywinter (#ChristmasCheer) doesn't feel alone, I agree, the live action movie was actually very good!

• AbellePuppy34

It's been a looooonnnnnnggggg time since I've seen Dora, but of course it's "Swiper no swiping"! His name is literally Swiper. Oh, well. Thanks for sharing!

• Rachaelgrace

Oh my goodness XD I love this hahahaha

• Rose A(hiatus)

ppffffffff omg. I bet that person must have been so embarrassed. They probably started googling "what color is swiffer from dora?"
    Dora was a huge part of my childhood. Except for me, dora interrupted me before I got to tell her my favorite part of that day's adventure.

• Mpm#1

“Minus the parts were she asks a question and stares into the screen, and your soul, for an eternity.”
    I suddenly realize why I hated Dora... XD

lmaoooooooooo love this! especially that last line... *shivers*

• xx carolina xx

the dora live action movie..isn't bad, actually.

replying: wait no youre good,i just googled it,he is orange and yellow;)

but like the person who mistook swiffer for swiper is *gasps in disgraced tone*

ah dora was half my childhood
    lol but wait isnt swiper yellow? *looks around nervously*

• sci-Fi

XD omg I live for these little hilarious stories beth

HAhahaha "swiffer no swiping" XD gah im dyying