Rose A(hiatus)

hiatus
Hi! I'm Rose
aka:
rosy cheeks
Flowers of Fall

14
Hamilton Fan
anime watcher
music lover
obsessed with books
theatre kid
kind of decent writer(?)
indecisive person
a little weird ngl

est... um... September 2020??

And here we are. Message board. I don't know what to put here, so have a good night/morning/day whatever.
Thx for your support and all of that. :)
Rose

Dear Hilarious & Funny... (inspired by beth r.)

8
Dear Hilarious & Funny,

The first time I met you two was in second grade. 
You were two tables away from me. 
Yet, that distance wasn't enough to keep you from being mean to me.
You made me cry a few times.
My subconscious has decided to forget why.

Now I care just enough to wonder...
Why? What part of me were you mocking me for?
My colorful headbands? My pink dress?
My hair that was always tied into a modest braid?

Now why did you decide too?
I don't remember being mean to you.
I even laughed at both of your jokes from time to time.
So why?

Do you remember when we all had to write one positive thing about everyone else?
Everyone thought you two were comedians, so for your paper I scribbled:

Hilarious
Funny

I don't know what you put on my paper.

Did you know that after our teacher had given it to us,
that my grandma hung it up?
That it's still there over seven years later?

We're all in high school now.
Hilarious, you still go to school with me.
 I don't know what happened to you, Funny.
Hilarious, you turned out exactly as I thought you would.
Eve though that was so many years ago
when I couldn't have possibly known.

You're an athlete. You're popular. You're still a jerk.

Did you know last year on that track bus
right before everything
one day you sat behind me?

And I heard you say something about my brother.
"His breath smells like dog ####!"

Did you know I heard you?

Was that one final stab before Ghostface dies?
The final line before Romeo and Juliet are no more?

Here's my final line to you class clowns.

I honestly don't care.
Your petty remarks to a seven year old girl haven't changed me.
I don't even really hate you.
How does that song go? "It isn't love, it isn't hate, it's just indifference?"
So, yeah. But you might be asking "If you don't care, why are you writing this?"
What can I say? It was a cool prompt.

Well, that's it you two. Enjoy yourselves.
We'll see whose personality gets them farther in life.
Hopefully you can get by with two positive things.
 Maybe just being Hilarious & Funny is good enough.

Peace,

Rose
This is my little piece inspired by Beth R.'s prompt: what do you wanna say to your childhood bully? *footnotes*
Beth, if you read this, you're literally the best at making prompts. And writing under them. Thanks for it.
And to everyone, I honestly meant what I said in my piece. I don't really care, I just figured this would be a fun prompt to do.
And to Hilarious & Funny: haha! As if you would bother being on a site like this. You don't even try that hard in school. Anyway, I will handle things if you talk rudely about any of my family members ever again. Privately of course. No reason to embarrass you.

1

• beth r.

re: lol your comments always crack me up

re: hey you can be a swiftie if you wanna be a swiftie. no judgement, although i def recommend folklore!!! it's so dreamy and poetic and folksy/indie and it just sounds like the soundtrack to autumn and long walks in a misty forest. i have not heard her cover of september... i know she used to do a lot of covers, like viva la vida (love that song!) and a few others, but i mostly know her original music. not a big fan of all of rep, but red, lover, folklore, speak now... well, i like several songs from all the albums.

• AstroWriter

Wow! This is just... awesome! I love it.

• beth r.

wow. no one deserves to be treated that way, and i'm constantly awed by the level of maturity the responses to this prompt shows. amazing work!
    the footnote... aw you're so sweet :)

• ~madeline~

Re: RiGhT?! Like I can't decide whether that means I'm more indecisive or less indecisive or more indecisive.... I guess that means i'm indecisive. very... idk man, rough times. lol.

wow this is brilliant. i've known people like that, the ones that say, "can't you take a joke?" or "geez, it was just a joke" and stuff. and sometimes i do need to laugh at myself more, but sometimes it's just mean. AND THAT TAYLOR REFERENCE I KNOW THAT SONG! are you a swiftie?
    re: haha don't worry about grammar. and tysm! i've been so glad to get to know you a little more on wtw and i do want to enter that piece into a comp/mag/something. just not sure where. also, your profile pic is so cozy and i practically hear bells and feel warm and smell pine... oh, wait. that's actually kinda my house, sans bells. but yeah it's just a wonderful picture. ok, stopping this ramble now.

woah okay first of all they dont seem very hilarious and funny and second of all i just found it funny that hilarious/funny couldve passed for part of the sentence, like "its hilarious you still go to school with me" idk if you get what im saying (insert odd sense of humor) anyyyways good piece :)

• ~madeline~

This is such an interesting piece. I love how you didn't let this person get to you now...
    Random thought...
    Since you have claimed the title of most indecisive person (a title i would gladly contest for), I would like to know what you think of this sentence...
    "I am 100% indecisive". I filled that out on a personality quiz once and it got my brain spinning cause that's a pretty decisive statement lol... What do you think?

• Livsnjutare

This is a really good piece!

• Rose A(hiatus)

SIDE-NOTE: omg before I forget and get in trouble... The lyrics: "It isn't love, it isn't hate, it's just indifference" are from the song "I Forgot That You Existed" by Taylor Swift.