mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

the fork in the road (footnotes!)

18

we are each on our own path, winding our way through forests of possibility.
you look up and see the dark outline of the trees against the velvety dusk sky.
the stars are to come out soon, shining down and filtering through the canopy above.
and you may not be able to see fully what is in front of you,
but you must have trust in the stars, in the trees, in the earth.

stumble forward, little one.
great joys and surprises and anger and sorrow await you in the darkness. 
it's closing in, i know, but someday i hope
you can wander deep into the woods without a care in the world.
the darkness will always be there, yes, but you will not fear it
as the light within you will grow strong and mighty just like the oaks that line your trail.

maybe you'll even discover a fork in the road like i did not to long ago.
it was a glorious sight, people streaming in from all these different walks of life,
sharing thoughts and ideas, some even exchanging emotion.
and i got to know them, see them for who they truly are.
it was beautiful.
and
it
still
is.

this is just a thank you because i feel like thanking you. ever since i joined wtw, i felt more... full. people out there know  me for what i am inside, my true emotions, ones i could never express in person. i have become more brave, more kind, more loving, more appreciative. honestly, i sometimes wonder if i deserve this gift of friendship with you all amazing, brilliant people.

we are human. we are writers. we are change-makers. we are givers of emotion, of new ideas, new thoughts. we have this power to change the world or to cause it to crumble. but we are never witnesses. no, we are more than that. we must be, for it's in our blood. thank you guys for all of this, for everything. 

and no, this is not a goodbye speech or anything. just felt like expressing my gratitude. and i am really speaking to each and every one of you... whether we have struck up a conversation or not. i marvel at your talent, your writing, your humanness.

now i'm crying... and i'm in math class so *sniff* stop it, miriam! but thank you. love you all! <3<3<3

2

• anemoia by a thread

re: first off, i love the new thing in your bio about falling in love with ideas of people. second, tysm! i see what you mean about legends... and you know what they say: legends never die. (just heard that song from the video game league of legends, and it's fantastic.) i also was surprised at how welcoming people were here and still are. may i never forget this place! <3

• ~madeline~

Re: oh thank you so much!! And everything you said right back at ya my friend. You have been such a phenomenal addition to this community and your comments are always so sweet and a joy to read!!! <3

re: ohhhhhhh okay lol that makes sense XD im so bad with slang and abbreviations and stuff! lmao well thanks for clarifying XD
    also, thank you for your kind words on my piece!!! :))

• rwong

re: thank you!!!
    XD in english class rn haha (yup online, but not zoom, cause our school is weird lol...we use WebEx)

• Rose A(hiatus)

re: It really is. my mom and my district forced me into advanced math so I've always especially disliked it. it took me forever to learn slope.

aww this is so so sweet <33
    you are such a talented writer and I am so grateful to have been able to "meet" you on wtw! also this piece is gorgeous. So so meaningful--like many of your pieces are. i can't wait for you to become a published poet and I can say I knew you as mirkat ;)

awwwww this is so sweet!!! the poem is beautiful, the message even more so :)) love you, dear!!! i'm so honored to call you my friend <333 :) always here for you!!! <333

• Rose A(hiatus)

Wow. This was just wow. Uplifting and simply gorgeous! I get what you mean, I feel like with each day I'm on here, I become a better person and learn more about myself and others.
    If your teacher asks why you're crying, just say it's because your homework is so inspiring. I got to get to work too so bye for now.

Congrats congrats congrats!!!! I love your writing and this one actually has to be one of my favorites for sure... " someday i hope
    as the light within you will grow strong and mighty just like the oaks that line your trail." <3

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Just Gorgeous! I love the poetic and musing feel. The descriptions are wonderful and I adore the ending!!!! You are an amazing writer!!!

• rwong

woahhhh this is beautiful!! also i totally agree literally just being a part of this community, even if i haven't truly met anyone, is just so uplifting to know that i'm not just that weird-o who write poetry. this place is awesome. oh and i totally get it i'm in history class rn XD thats finee it's just independent work time. kinda. not really. oh well lol <3 <3

• sci-Fi

Aw this is beautiful! You are an amazing person and this is so sweet. I'm so glad you're here <3