rwong

est. 9/19/2020

write like you're running out of time

"never dim the light that shines from within." - maya angelou
"never fear the shadows, they simply mean there's a light somewhere nearby." - winnie the pooh
"aren't we all waiting to be read by someone, praying that they'll tell us that we make sense?" - rudy francisco

i have planted a garden

11
i have planted a garden sown with seeds/ of sorrow/ watered with bitter tears/ they say "something good comes out of every trial"/ but the flowers never bloom/ i have cultivated a minefield/ tread softly/ one wrong step/ and the ground beneath/ will quake/ long buried emotions/ and pent-up feelings/ that i had tried for so long/ to forget/ surfacing/ and suddenly/ i do not know/ if i have planted a garden/ or a graveyard.

• almost flora kane

re: thanks so much for your comment, and i'm glad you like the characters. i think it's going to be a little weird if i actually get to know the guy i used as a base and he's not like this, but whatever. it was so nice to know that you liked it!! i'm doing pretty well, especially now that it's closer to christmas break, and i hope you're good too:) <3

re: haha thank youuuu <33 so glad you liked it :)
    also wOAH this piece is amazing how did i miss this!? beautiful <333

re: !!!! you're making ME blush oh my GAWSHH dkjsnkjdf look up to me,,,i am not worthy, but thank you so so much!! you're so very kind! so much love and hugs to you!! <3 <3

• beth r.

"a garden/ or a graveyard" wow that line is gorgeous
    re: glad you'd be interested in a collab! I put some details in this piece: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/207975/version/428562
    Stay tuned for more details to come on a potential story chain!
    Also, thanks for the congrats on 150 :)

• Sunflower~

beautiful piece! ;)

Re: Amen!! And yes, I've watched both movies!

• lochnessie

wow.
    ahhh
    umm
    this is amazing and you actually made me cry is that ridiculous? i hope that was the goal because i'm sitting here sobbing lol

• Halopoet

Re: THANKS!

Re: wait theres such a thing :o Ima have to check that out...

re: yep, doing good. had an ortho appointment for braces and stuff and now i'm freaking out i got covid... pretty much that's every day tho so you know... sigh. how about you? and thanks! <3<3<3

• dahlia

ohhh this is beautiful--i especially adore the enjambment between "seeds / of sorrow". you have such a distinct writing style, i'm sorry that i haven't seen your work much before! and you're lovely for your comment, thank you tt <3 dialects are really distinct aren't they

• almost flora kane

chilllls. wow. honestly, i got goosebumps. i love the "i have cultivated a minefield."

• ChocolateKiwi

I love this!! I love the last line! Great piece!!

• doodleninja

ahhhh i love how you've interwoven garden imagery with something darker; exquisite piece! i love the little phrase "i have cultivated a minefield"
    (also thx so much for the kind words on my comp piece! <3)

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

" i do not know/ if i have planted a garden/ or a graveyard." Gave me chills!!! It is amazing I am speechless! Brilliant writing! :)

woah... this is amazing and relatable and i love it! " i do not know/ if i have planted a garden/ or a graveyard." this, too, so powerful... ahhhhhh i get it.... blah being a teenage girl with weird hormones and an introvert and a miriam (in my case) doesn't mix well for those emotions....
    re: thx! haha yeah in science class rn, the zoom part hehe

• ~Zoe N~

re: Thank you so much! <3
    oh, I didn't remember that, but you are a wonderful writer, there was no other option but to follow you!

• beth r.

gorgoeus
    re: we stan irony lol

• | rosi willard |

"if i have planted a garden/ or a graveyard."

This last line is brilliant!

eek the ending is everything<3