mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

existing is all i know how to do

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance
when we meet i hold your face in my hands
you smile like swelling yellow spring and plead
take me with you, finished thing"
-- a growing thing

“We could never have loved the earth so well if we had had no childhood in it, if it were not the earth where the same flowers come up again every spring that we used to gather with our tiny fingers… What novelty is worth that sweet monotony where everything is known and loved because it is known?”
-- George Elliot

in the heart of the forest

8

please read in british accent because it makes everything sound better and much more dignified.

"oh hello there! may i have a dance with you?" i stumbled upon sweet old fir tree and extended my invitation. a sweet, stately mother looking on at her children, she was.

"i'm flattered, really. much obliged, much obliged," she whispered, and i heard her weary voice carried on the wind. a creak of branches and the fluttering of leaves up above was all it took before i whisked her away.

we danced across the forest floor, fir tree and i. twirling back and forth, my arm wrapped around her tall and steady torso. one of her branches hung down and pulled me into her, resting on my shoulder.

oh, we had a flight of fancy, engaging in a wonderful dialogue even the kings of long ago wouldn't have dreamed of.

"what a splendid afternoon," i remarked as we passed by young redwood.

"yes, yes, it is quite lovely, isn't it," fir tree mumbled under her breath. i heard the thrum of great river approaching as we waltzed across wise rocks and down to the edge.

we were dancing faster still until fir tree bent down to me and laid a branch on my shoulder yet again. "hold on, sweety one. i fear i must catch my breath." we came to a stop, halting just before the water's edge.

"why of course, fir tree. let us stop for a moment and look out at the marvel of great river." she nodded, kneeling to her knees. 

and so she held a tryst with the past as i sat beside her, looking on at the great, thunderous river stampeding by and by. that's how we spent our afternoon that day, among the mighty oaks, redwoods, and rocks in the heart of the forest.

just felt like having fun, no thought went into this at all. day 5 prompt from hey there rose's poetry prompt advent calendar days 1-5. had a lot of fun doing this! 

• December 6, 2020 - 9:32am (Now Viewing)

• happygiggles (not as active anymore)

re- WOW, I didn't realize how different it is! So, I'd be in 8th grade too? Or 9th?

I forgot to say, usually if people don't stay on to do a levels, they either go to a tech (which is a bit like your community college ) or they go into a job. People who stay on to do A levels usually go on to university after that, most courses lasting 3-4 years. However, some people do apprenticeships instead, its a common enough things for people from my school to do.

• happygiggles (not as active anymore)

re- My old friend was born in October 2006, she was the 26th! I'm actually from The North Of Ireland (what some people call Northern Ireland) but that's very political and there is a lot of history involved in that, and it's quite a touchy subject in many houses across Ireland, including mine. But, I consider Ireland as one country, so say that I am Irish and from Ireland. Because I am Irish, but my schooling system is different from the Republic Of Ireland's, I believe they spend 8 years at Primary school and 6 years at secondary school, my apologies if I am wrong. Anyways, where I'm from, I am one of the oldest in my year group, there's around 210 of us, a girl in my class is the oldest of us being born on the 2nd July. We don't have kindergarten, no, I always thought it sounded fun though! I went to nursery/daycare from 3-4, which isn't compulsory, but it's common enough to do so. Then, we attend preschool (which i believe is our version of kindergarten) when we're 4. We attend Primary school from 5 until 11 and then move to secondary schools, which are usually much larger, from the ages of 12 untill 18. But, it's actually seven years, idk its confusing because I turn the age that most people turn in that school year, before school starts! I'm currently in third year in Secondary, so Year 10. The first three years are easy enough and don't have any external exams. Year 11 and 12 are the years where you sit your GCSEs and you have the option to drop out after Year 12. Year 13 and Year 14 are where you can do A Levels, which most people in my school do as it's a grammer school.

And..I probably just really confused you, my bad, sorry! How does schooling work in America? (:

re: yeah i've been super busy lately with theater, and i feel like i haven't had much inspiration lately. which is annoying, because then i'm not on wtw much, and then i feel bad that i miss people's pieces. it got pretty bad a while ago, i was super hard on myself for missing people's stuff, so i had to kinda tell myself that it was okay to not try to "catch up" on everyone's writing that i missed? because it's impossible to always keep up? anyways yeah lol that's all. i also wish wtw had a better way to communicate--but i guess we're making do with what we've got! :) also, thanks for the kind words on my piece, i'm actually kinda proud of that one!! it was inspired by the musical Anastasia, which i just started listening to! if you haven't heard it, you should DEFINITELY listen to it!! :D
    I had a good day, it was my dad's birthday, so we were pretty busy today, but i did have a bit of time to myself, which was nice! i'm so introverted lol XD oooh banana bread? sounds good! i need to bake more, i've been too busy *sigh* anyways, so good to hear from you :) <3

• crystalline•galaxies

re: oh my goodness your advice is so helpful! i felt that there was something missing too but just couldn’t figure out what. i’ll try doing what you said and see how it works!

• lochnessie

whhhhhaaaaaa i love this

Ah this just filled me with good feelings! So playful and imaginative! :) I miss chatting with you, I feel like I've been so inactive lately!!

• Livsnjutare

wow, this is absolutely beautiful! Yes, the British accent sounds much more dignified, haha. I read it with the accent in my head.
    Great job!

• Odysseus

Love this! :)

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

ahhhhhh oh my yes the british accent i laughed when i read that but you were so right! it was like taking a walk (or a dance) with nature.
    re: aww, you're welcome. wait, me?! a legend? i think of you as one of those types on wtw! i am beyond flattered! and thanks for being one of the followers! i plan on releasing a piece today, actually. i am grateful for all the convos and friendship!