~madeline~

euphoria fashioned from stanzas of

disillusionment

est. 8.19.20

:)

my life stepped on a new flight #decemberprompts4

8

and i stepped on the airplane to leave this life behind me. something new ahead. something unknown. 

a life without you. 

cause i walk into your house and i expect to see you there. pretending to be afraid. of me. that game we used to love. but then i remember you're not here. 

we took different planes. 

you to the highest heavens. a place where you won't hurt anymore. me to somewhere broken. a place where i hurt for you. it's hard to say goodbye. to leave the only thing you've ever known. cause i knew you for my whole life. until then. until that reckless driver didn't look up quickly enough. until your life. stepped onto that flight. 

i miss you. 

and i know that this plane is hard. and broken. and unknown. and even though i know it's selfish. i want you back here with us. with your sister who i knows love you so dearly. with your brother. with your friends. with your parents. with the baby you should have been able to watch grow up. the one you should have watched adopted to join your family. 

but we stepped on different planes.

and now that life is behind me and my plane is flying into the clouds. and yours already landed in the heavens.

this is very loosely based on samina's prompt found here.  
I say loosely based cause it's not an actually airport experience more of a metaphor for something that happened to me a couple of years ago. (I'm okay, i promise. It's just a hard memory)

• December 5, 2020 - 9:10am (Now Viewing)

wow this is so raw and emotional... i love the way you interpreted this prompt! very creative <333

• xx carolina xx

i'm sorry you had to go through whatever you went through, but i'm glad you were able to come out of it strong and write something really powerful.

You made me feel.
    Also, I love your holiday vibes name! Just wrote it down to keep track.

• Odysseus

Absolutely gorgeous, one of the best things I've read :)

• Love, Rose

this is stunning