happy butterfly

South Africa

15
poet
pisces
swimmer
swiftie
wtw sister to anne blackwood

read the footnotesssss, thank you my lovesssss

mermaid,cry

18

here i am the forgotten beauty, you left me back in chapter three.
i try to seperate your spectrum
but really, it's simple
girl you are easy to live without,
stop pretending the prince wants you.
mermaid, go to the ocean. mermaid, go to the ocean.
i try to cure my broken heart on the coast
tears in water, sing softly to tell poseidon of his daughter's sadness.
dye my hair green       paint my cheeks pink
darling, tell me who i am
        tonight i will speak in a french accent
am i now the girl the prince falls in love with?
i create dreamcatchers  so      am i unique enough yet?
darling, you know you ruined the moment when you mentioned her.
you did it on purpose, poisoned the flowers that grow from my raven hair
golden girls are prettier ,     towers and sweetness, they know perfection.
my name anxiously sCriBlLeD into
chapter eleven
you fed it to the fires you hold.
i felt a piece of me fall away             but i believe
in fixing things and forgiving and
happily ever after
phlegethon down my oesophagus, i sipped
secret sadness ,        have we healed?
are we building mosaics from blue love?
i have pinned myself to pain and it is my own fault.
forget fantasy, mermaid. the prince does not choose you.
can you accept cupid's apology?  only if
he lends me his wings so i can fly again
1.for those of you who aren't into greek mythology much,the phlegethon is a river made of fire that runs through  the underworld and tartarus.its there or used for the evil in tartarus to drink to undure the torments in the fields of punishment.hope that helps to understand my meaning.
2. the phrase "golden girls are prettier" is definetly not me saying that blonde girls are prettier.all hair colours are equally beautiful.i just wanted to kind of incorporate or reference my insecurities and how i compare myself to other girls or people. and when i was in 4th grade i think,i really wanted my hair to be  blonde,because i was the only girl with black hair and the blinde girls were so pretty so i thought i would use that.
3. some lines in this poem,i wanted to adress to how sometimes i and i think other people maybe feel this too,feel like they need to change themselves to be good enough for people they like or just people in general.i was watching a movie the other day,and it was like that plot where there is this unique girl who is so special and unique and sees the world in a different way than anyone else.and it was wonderful but i couldnt help thinking that i wasnt interesting enough or unique enough and it wasnt the best feeling. so meh wanted to vent and help people know that they shouldnt feel like this
4. sorry for using greek mythology so much in my pieces but i love it so much and its so tempting.
5. "forgotten beauty" you know when the boy falls in love with that perfect girl and they have a sweet love story. and then he also has another friend who fades into the backround? ya okay
6. let me know if you got the one disney reference haha
7. please tell me what your favourite lines were! it makes me so happy to know which people loved the most:)
sorry for the long footnote. i thank you all with my whole heart and i wish i could give you hugs

• December 8, 2020 - 10:46am (Now Viewing)

Re: nooonononono i didnt mean for that last comment to be so harsh XD of course i know thats not what you meant lol

Re: yep, so true. have a good day/night :)

re: tysm! I still remember how elated i was when someone above 100 followers liked and commented on one of my pieces (that someone was you) and i just cant wait to share that moment with the rest of the community :D

• beth r.

re: ... dang guess i'm color blind XD

• mindfruit

danggg, this is nice! every line is so well-crafted, and they all fall in together beautifully. and the symbolism gah. so there's a Disney reference here, eh? I can't pinpoint the exact spot, but I think you're referencing The Little Mermaid? Like when Prince Eric starts falling for Ursula? idk lol. anyways, amazing work as always! I think my favorite line(s) is "can you accept cupid's apology?/only if
    he lends me his wings so i can fly again"
    Re: Aww, thank you so much! Your feedback means a lot to me :) and I don't mind at all if you call me Connor. and thanks!

• rwong

omygosh this is amazing!! i absolutely love it so much asjdfk;lasf;
    oh and the footnote was super helpful...i'm not into greek mythology but it reallllyyy helps clear things up <3 <3

• dahlia

oh my gosh, this is a splendid work of art and i regret not attending to your pieces more lately. never apologize for the long fn, they're beautiful. thank you for writing this. i hope you're doing well <3

• pluto-

this reminds me of ariel! beautifully written!!! absolutely <3ed it!!!

I have no idea what the Disney reference was, but this is absolutely stunning. I don't have one favourite line, so I'll paste them all:

'stop pretending the prince wants you.' -This line has so much meaning in it, no matter how you interpret it.

'i create dreamcatchers so am i unique enough yet?' There's this feeble voice here that just makes me want to hug you <3

' i sipped secret sadness, have we healed?' -The whole concept is breathtaking.

I love everything else too, but these are my favourites!

• poetri

re 2: it kind of is, but I also just wanted a snarky bio that maybe went with some sort of a Christmasy theme. And don't worry at all about writing "like me" or like anyone else--you're already fantastic and I'm sure you'll only get better <3

• poetri

reply: I'm so glad you liked it! And maybe talking about all my old love interests will be today's entry, so start boiling that water :)
    Also~ I don't think your pieces are cringy at all right now. I think as people grow older, we are kind of tuned to look back at things we did when our skill sets were lower and not like them as much, but that's natural and definitely doesn't mean that in the moment we can't think it's great lol if that makes sense? Anyway, I think all I'm saying is not to be paranoid or worried about this in the present. Just enjoy learning and growing.
    All the best, love, and I absolutely adore having you in my little countdown audience <3

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

This is a gorgeous piece! Just stunning! I love the concept of forgotten beauty! I adored the lines:
    "phlegethon down my oesophagus, i sipped
    secret sadness , have we healed?
    are we building mosaics from blue love?"
    and
    "can you accept cupid's apology? only if
    Bravo! It was all wonderful! :)

• spectral

hallo i know i don't comment a lot (or post a lot for the matter lol) but i just thought i'd let you know that you, your writing, and your comments mean the world to me and are honestly one of the few reasons i keep posting on this site. youre prose is GORGEOUS (also formatting akdfjljdks i love it please help). you're always so positive and encouraging and dlkkjj thank you so much im rambling now pasta la vista

Re: Aw you're so sweet ill definitely let you know if i need a review :) <3

Re: lool i like honey so that's cool :) your poetry totally inspired me when i first got on here so yea definitely my aunt XD

Re: hahahaha YES that makes so much sense that totally works :o

Oh my gosh! I am so amazed by this peice! WOW you're such a great writer.

Re: Oh no it's fine I wasn't very clear.

Re: :D <3
    I mean I get him being annoyed but some of us are broke and can't actually go see shows lol.

Re: Haha no youuu are.
    You're welcome! Okay if you loved the movie, then you'll ADORE the musical and the book is stunning as well (I've borrowed it from a library twice). Since Tuck and Anastasia have closed on Broadway I don't feel even a little guilty for watching b00tlegs since there's no way to actually see them in person. There's an Anastasia one that even has subtitles lol. Gosh, Derek Klena and Christy Altomare are just amazing (Derek glared at the camera once XD). And I've seen the one of Tuck like three times. Anyway I'd highly recommend listening to the soundtracks because they're awesome.

Re: Aw, thanks soo so much :) it means a lot

Re: Tiny theaters still count. My first theatre experience was at a teeny community theater and wasn't even technically a play but I still count it as my first show. Anyway, if you wanna immerse yourself in some soundtracks, my favorites are Tuck Everlasting, Dear Evan Hansen, and Anastasia. And they're clean, too (except for a few minor swears in DEH). Hamilton is great of course, but I usually just listen to Burn, Satisfied, and Wait For It with a few others occasionally thrown in.

Also apparently it's common to have a phase where we wish we were blonde XD. Now it's red hair I sometimes fantasize about having lol.

Wow, this is amazing! My favorite part is "tonight i will speak in a french accent
    i create dreamcatchers so am i unique enough yet?"
    because it beautifully calls out some of my midnight thoughts.

Also my theatre kid butt made the following connections that you never intended.
    "here i am the forgotten beauty, you left me back in chapter three." --> *cough cough* RoSaLiNe *cough* (from Romeo and Juliet)
    "golden girls are prettier , towers and sweetness, they know perfection." --> If you haven't already, listen to I'm Not That Girl from Wicked. (Also Heather by Conan Gray)
    "my name anxiously sCriBlLeD into
    chapter eleven
    you fed it to the fires you hold." --> Eliza Hamilton WHO??

• Sunflower~

My favorite line was this one: "I try to cure my broken heart on the coast
    tears in water, sing softly to tell Poseidon of his daughter's sadness." I love this piece so much!!! It's beautiful ;)

re: oh im so sorry for making you worry! no, this is beautiful, i don't think you should take it down!!

re: ohhhhhhhhh okay i did think of tangled but i wasnt sure if that was what you were referring to. :)
    and no, not negative thoughts haha, just kinda like a "huh, i didn't realize that feeling could be put into words like that" sort of think :)
    love you too dear!! <3

AHHH this is absolutely gorgeous!
    1. thanks for the footnote explanation, i definitely knew some of the stuff but not all of it ;)
    2. i felt that way a lot, i have kinda drab brown hair (which is now purple but that's a different story) but i always wanted blonde hair because it looked so nice and pretty. But i would look really weird with blonde, so i don't want it much anymore :)
    3. definitely understand that feeling. I got that from the poem a lot, and it really just made me think.
    4. LOVE greek mythology!! don't apologize! :D
    5. the concept of "forgotten beauty" is so cool, i love the way you incorporated it into this piece! i don't get to see enough of that perspective :)
    6. I don't think i did- ? :(
    7. favorite lines!! Definitely the "golden girl" line, that hit me really hard. "darling, tell me who i am / tonight i will speak in a french accent" this transition is just lovely, i adore it. "can you accept cupid's apology? only if / he lends me his wings so i can fly again" Wow i LOVE this ending, it's so vibrant and emotional! your words are almost lyrical, i love it! :D
    Sorry for the long comment ;) love your writing, dear!

• beth r.

gorgeous >3
    re: lol yesssss thanks :)