here i am the forgotten beauty, you left me back in chapter three. i try to seperate your spectrum
but really, it's simple
girl you are easy to live without, stop pretending the prince wants you.
mermaid, go to the ocean. mermaid, go to the ocean. i try to cure my broken heart on the coast
tears in water, sing softly to tell poseidon of his daughter's sadness.
dye my hair green paint my cheeks pink
darling, tell me who i am tonight i will speak in a french accent
am i now the girl the prince falls in love with?
i create dreamcatchers so am i unique enough yet?
darling, you know you ruined the moment when you mentioned her.
you did it on purpose, poisoned the flowers that grow from my raven hair
golden girls are prettier , towers and sweetness, they know perfection.
my name anxiously sCriBlLeD into
chapter eleven you fed it to the fires you hold.
i felt a piece of me fall away but i believe
in fixing things and forgiving and
happily ever after
phlegethon down my oesophagus, i sipped
secret sadness , have we healed? are we building mosaics from blue love?
i have pinned myself to pain and it is my own fault.
forget fantasy, mermaid. the prince does not choose you.
can you accept cupid's apology? only if
he lends me his wings so i can fly again
1.for those of you who aren't into greek mythology much,the phlegethon is a river made of fire that runs through the underworld and tartarus.its there or used for the evil in tartarus to drink to undure the torments in the fields of punishment.hope that helps to understand my meaning.
2. the phrase "golden girls are prettier" is definetly not me saying that blonde girls are prettier.all hair colours are equally beautiful.i just wanted to kind of incorporate or reference my insecurities and how i compare myself to other girls or people. and when i was in 4th grade i think,i really wanted my hair to be blonde,because i was the only girl with black hair and the blinde girls were so pretty so i thought i would use that.
3. some lines in this poem,i wanted to adress to how sometimes i and i think other people maybe feel this too,feel like they need to change themselves to be good enough for people they like or just people in general.i was watching a movie the other day,and it was like that plot where there is this unique girl who is so special and unique and sees the world in a different way than anyone else.and it was wonderful but i couldnt help thinking that i wasnt interesting enough or unique enough and it wasnt the best feeling. so meh wanted to vent and help people know that they shouldnt feel like this
4. sorry for using greek mythology so much in my pieces but i love it so much and its so tempting.
5. "forgotten beauty" you know when the boy falls in love with that perfect girl and they have a sweet love story. and then he also has another friend who fades into the backround? ya okay
6. let me know if you got the one disney reference haha
7. please tell me what your favourite lines were! it makes me so happy to know which people loved the most:)
sorry for the long footnote. i thank you all with my whole heart and i wish i could give you hugs