daisiesonfilm

Philippines

moonlit orchestras & the asterism pleiades

[ she/her ] [ 16 ] [ slytherin ]

be kinder to yourself and make choices for you.

​so this is how i fall in love with being alive;

9
after louis armstrong’s what a wonderful world.

i. it starts with the stars and the moon and the ratty old telescope in the attic. it starts with the wind in my hair on a rooftop at midnight, fingers fumbling to reassemble broken lenses and the dusty tripod. it starts with childlike wonder and unceasing curiosity and uncovered beauties and the silence that comes with it all. it starts with a moon that listens and stars that tell stories and finally, for once in my life, feeling like i’m heard.

ii. it continues with the dancing daisies and the tickling blades of grass and the earth beneath my toes. it continues with the rain on my skin and dewdrops that dance and the mud that stains my rain boots. it continues with the singing wind and the rustling leaves and a warmth in my chest i’ve never felt before, filling every fracture in me until i’m whole. it continues with ineffable happiness and some sort of immaturity and the indescribable feeling of being young once more.

iii. and it goes on and on and on, from the coziness of my blanket on a chilly sunday morning to the twittering songbirds outside my window; the constant rush of air through my lungs and the melodious music pumping in my ears; the ever changing colors of the sky to the fluffy clouds that drift by; that makes me tumble head over heels for the dawns and the dusks that the universe has yet to gift me.
i'm baaaaack :D 
school really isn't any good for me or my mental health so i decided to take a little break from social media. wrote this for a school project. please tell me what you think!

• December 4, 2020 - 8:19am (Now Viewing)

I agree with everything everyone already said about this btw

Gahhhh this is incredible!! I'm in love with every word.
    Also, it drives me crazy that there's so much pressure to do well at memorizing things we hate and will never use instead of encouraging us to spend time on what truly feeds our hearts and minds. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

aaaahhhhhhhhhhh i cannot adequately describe how beautiful this is and how this made me feel! everything about this is simple gorgeous and the title is very accurate. this made me nostalgic for something i cant name but long for and oh my...im rambling..but this is so good <333

• Ash~

Beautiful writing!

this. this left me breathless and in love and ... wow. i honestly just-- wow. this is brilliant. and i have this feeling, so often--just the wonder and awe and joy of being alive and every time i want to write it down but it's never quite right, never quite perfect--and i don't think this is perfect either but it's really darn close. just... that fullness in your chest of just being. idk, i'm just rambling, now, but really i love this so so much. i missed the way your writing makes me feel :)
    also, this was inspired by the song "what a wonderful world"? awww i love that song! that's always been "my" song, because my dad would always sing and play it on his guitar, since i was a baby. he still does. that's (for lack of better words) my comfort song. and you captured it so perfectly in this piece!!
    <33