SunV

est. 11/10/19

history has its eyes on you.

it's all good :)

Check out beth r.'s piece on this too!

to my childhood bully (inspired by beth r.)

16
she called herself my friend
i never called her that
she said 'i'll be there for you'
i never believed that

sometimes i wished i'd never met her
but if i hadn't, where would i be?
she introduced me to some of my real friends
to some people i consider family 

i'm sorry if i don't like going down a wet slope
piggy backing on someone else's back while they're on roller skates
i'm sorry if i don't like when 
you come to my house just to eat chocolate and grapes

i'm happier now in a different place
where i might still be bullied
but at least i know i am
and it's not all just pretend

i really, really hate you
i hate you with all of my heart
someday i hope we meet again
so you can see
that you bullying me
actually gave me a head start
so.... jumping into the prompt wagon of 'letter to your childhood bully'. on a more serious note: has this happened to anyone else? i never noticed that 'this girl' who was bullying me, was actually bullying me. i only noticed when i grew up. as a child, she was my role model. i think i would term it as 'passive bullying', b'cuz it's not outright bullying, but personally i know it hurts more than outright bullying. also, i might do a second part to this, about outright bullying. i'm here to talk if anyone needs to. and yes, piggybacking one someone else's back who was wearing roller skates and going down a wet slope actually happened. it wasn't pretty. and the chocolate and grapes thing too. i've always wondered why she loved grapes so much....

• December 8, 2020 - 9:45am (Now Viewing)

re: hey! yes, it's 4 ish here. is it really early in the morning for you? india is like 13 hours ahead? well i saw the thing on the blog for CAs and wow, sounds so cool! didn't realize it was so much of a time commitment.... oh but it sounds so fun and an amazing opportunity! i don't think i can do it this term-- online school is a lot of online school. but i'm pretty sure i can try to do the spring term as i will have more time then. currently i'm doing a virtual drama production and doing a ton of school applications for next year. the spring, though, the spring! you should do it, tho! you would be amazing at it! let me know if you aply and plz hold me to CAship in the spring lol. <3<3<3

• V-Rose

Re: Go right ahead and use that prompt. It's there for everyone.

re: aww, thanks! and yeah, it'd be so cool to be ca's together! um... where do you apply or get more info? i guess i can just ask sci fi, but want to see if you know first. i wonder if we get to communicate outside of wtw if we're ca's? .... the mysterious, fancy writer's club within a writer's club lol! i mean probably not because they want to respect people's privacy. and thanks for ur compliment! it means so much... before wtw i never shared my writing with anyone. and also llol no capitalization rocks except sometimes i forget for school and one time i even wrote a whole essay without capitalization! hope your day/night is going well! <3<3<3

• Shay

Re: sure you can join the party. I'll throw books at your bullies too

re: hi sunv, that sounds great! it's actually almost 9 where i live and i want to read before bed, so i will respond with much more detail in the morning! can't wait to see what u write! <3<3<3

Oh this is terrible- the bully NOT YOUR WRITING, YOUR WRITING IS LITERALLY AMAZING.

• Jason_claire :)

I'm sorry this happened. I get what you mean about no really realizing you were being bullied. Not until others said 'wow, that's really depressing' did I realize they were being rude.
    replying- You're totally welcome, Thank you, I just got 101 not too long ago :)

Powerful.
    Re: tysm for the comment! Any suggestions of where I could enter it? I could do research, ofc, but if you know of any mags/websites...
    Also, that’s not cheesy! I vividly remember you welcoming me. Glad I came at just the right time, then. I appreciate it so much. Sometimes I’m just overflowing with gratitude.

• Nikki

Re: thank you so much! it really means a lot that you could help. i think i got an idea of the whole thing. :)
    *hugs you for being so sweet*

replying: aww thank you so much! aww*hugs you back* also the disney reference was after the golden girls line,"sweetness and towers" was hinting at rapunzel from tangled.its kind of a lame reference but i got excited anyways eek

• beth r.

bullies are the worst. especially when they come to your house just for food

• Nikki

She sounds just so absolutely mean!

• Shay

She sounds like a terrible person. I hope you don't have to see her ever again

• SamRose

Re: That would be great! And I will definitely review that piece of yours soon. I actually have changed the second chapter a little since I uploaded it, but I would still love some feedback on the original. I will probably post the new version sometime soon as well.