EliathRose

~Elizabeth~
~She/Her~
~Christian~
~LGBTQ+~

I am always open to do peer reviews if asked. I am also open to dialogue and discussion about anything and everything, whether it's something one or both of us is struggling with, or it's something that neither of us agree upon. Even if it's just talking about the weather! I love interacting with people on here, as I feel that writers are some of the most interesting people to talk to.

A Guide to WtW | Part I

30
I. HOW TO REPUBLISH A PIECE
    Republishing a piece keeps all of your comments and likes that you previously gained on that particular version of the piece, putting it back on the dashboard for more attention. This is how some pieces get to 20, 30, even 50 likes. Simply publishing once doesn't get your piece a whole lot of interaction most of the time (unless you're super-ultra-popular), so this is a handy tool to getting yourself out there. The steps to this are as follows:
  1. Click on the piece. On the top before the text you've written starts, there should be something that says "This is your piece. You can continue writing or manage versions.
  2. Choose the teal-colored "manage versions" link.
  3. You should now see all of the saved versions of your piece. One of them should have a black "Published" button next to it. Click on the teal "Options" button next to this piece.
  4. Two options will pop up -- one that lets you "View this Version," and the other that lets you "Unpublish this Version." Choose the unpublish button. It will prompt you to answer whether or not you really want to unpublish it, and you should say "OK."
  5. Now, the "Published" button should be gone. Click on the "Options" button again, and this time select "Publish this Version for Peer Review."
  6. Continue and publish like normal! You have the chance to edit your Message to the Readers and decide whether or not you want peer reviews -- changing either of these things will not delete anything else on your piece. 
Make sure that when you republish your pieces, you're not doing it so often that it is the only thing flooding the dashboard. This makes you look rather self-centered and careless. If you have to republish it within minutes due to a mistake you noticed, that is fine, but don't keep doing it just to get more attention. This is annoying for the rest of the users and does not make you look good. My personal rule of thumb that I use for myself is this: I will wait at least one hour before I republish a piece, making sure that I like other pieces and give other users attention as I wait for others to do the same for me. Keep others in mind, take pride in your work, and happy writing!

II. HOW TO REPLY TO COMMENTS
    So, you've gotten a really nice comment that you want to thank the commenter for. Or you've gotten yourself into a bit of a debate and you need to dialogue with another user. No matter the reason for replying to somebody's comment, it is a nice thing to know how to do, as it opens up the opportunity for lovely interactions to occur and friends to be made. Here are the basics:
  1. Go to the commenter's account. This can easily be done by clicking on their username, and it should bring you to their feed.
  2. Pick one of their pieces. Most people reply on the most recent piece, but commenting on any of them will give the person a notification. 
  3. Start off your comment with "Replying:" or "Re:" to show that you are replying to their comment. 
  4. Type the rest of your comment.
When replying to comments, it is sometimes nice to try to find a piece that is less serious to leave your reply on in order to preserve whatever emotional interaction is happening on those types of pieces. This depends on the circumstance, of course, as a lot of writers don't have as many light pieces as others do, and announcement posts are banned. The second piece of advice that I would give is to read through the piece you are replying on, liking it (if you deem it worthy) and maybe even mentioning their writing in a little section of your comment. This is less applicable if you are debating or arguing with someone, but it is a nice gesture you can make to the person who took the time to comment on your piece. Be respectful, use your judgement, and enjoy meeting new people.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me anything! I'm planning on doing a Part II to this piece if it gets enough attention, so if you have any ideas as to what else should be mentioned, don't be afraid to let me know!

• Lucy Sanders

Thanks for this! It was a lot of help!

• Khadeejah bint Malik

Thanks for sharing these!!

• Minvra

I actually didn't know a good portion of this until now. Thank you.

• lilli17

thanks for this sm!

Re: That's totally fine! Take your time!

Hey Eliath! I was wondering if you could review my piece for the book review competition... I really need some other perspectives on the content, because in a book review, you never know the thoughts of who's going to judge it.... It's totally fine if you can't though, but if you could, that would be great! Thank you in advance!

• Jason_claire :)

It's really thoughtful of you to publish this!
    replying- Thank you for the suggestions :)

very helpful! tysm

• (sk)eyesofocher

WHO SAID YOUR PFP WASNT BEAUTIFUL I WILL PUNCH THEM IN THE GOOD NAME OF BERNASNICKLE CUCUMBERPATCH

• ~wildflower~

Thank you so much for writing this!

Omg these are really helpful!!!

These are so helpful, especially for those who have just joined (It isn't very easy to explain all this in a comment XD)

A part II would be great! You could talk about what in_love_with_writing wanted, making sure the first letter isn't capitalised, and maybe about some other stuff that have slipped my mind at this very moment.

And your profile picture is gorgeous.

• psithurism

Thanks for publishing this! Very helpful! :)

• serein

re: thank you! that was very helpful!

• serein

This is great! I just have one question: is there a way to have the first letter of the piece not capitalized?