chrysanthemums&ink

basically ia | male | freshman

i'm back y'all.

*heavy breathing noises*

second story window

15

it is december, and the sky is the color of a pigeon's molt. the glass of the window feels cold, so i prop it open to let the air in. i can see my grandmother squat in the corner of the backyard, picking chives and pulling weeds. there is a squirrel under the fence, and i think it can see me. it looks like it is about to rain, so i turn my lamp off and take out my earbuds. i'm skipping classes again, painting my nails and eating stolen candy. my parents tell me that it smells foul in my room, but i've never noticed. my grandfather is vacuuming the living room for the second time in four days, and it is loud enough to be heard from the second floor. i can still taste the vitamin supplement i drank this morning. it is sour like a citrus soda. gummy fish sticks to my molars and makes my stomach upset. the doorbell rings. i check the camera, but there is no one there. the fan dies and i turn it back on. i go back to my window to feel the pane. it is warm. i shut it and slide the lock in. 

i look outside. the sky is blue. 

music rec: some sand by ibi

something lazy i wrote on a whim. a little different? flow isn't too good. enjoy? 

• December 4, 2020 - 12:35am (Now Viewing)

• Tula.S

absolutely beautiful. This is so vivid and strong, I feel so much without really knowing why. LOVE.
    Re: I would absolutely love to submit and am ecstatic you reached out to me.

• dahlia

"gummy fish sticks to my molars and makes my stomach upset" don't overdose on me, ink

ooh i love this! actually i think the flow is pretty nice imo? it's all very whimsical and i like absolutely adore pieces that take time to describe the mundane so adored this! "i can see my grandmother squat in the corner of the backyard, picking chives and pulling weeds. there is a squirrel under the fence, and i think it can see me. it looks like it is about to rain, so i turn my lamp off and take out my earbuds." loved the little details! it all felt so so cute and like a nice little pocket of time!

• Busssy.Beee

omcc, you're back? *jumps around* one of our queens is back!! also, the line, "my parents tell me that it smells foul in my room, but i've never noticed." lol that's something my cousin would have said too :P

• kiranpark

re: STOP I'VE ALREADY HAD ENOUGH OF THAT i literally cried over an anime about volleyball

• kiranpark

re: thank you so much! that's exactly the feel i was going for.

also i tried to hate oikawa after seijoh beat karasuno but... it's impossible i--
    i also only just started the second season so NO SPOILERS

• Just_A_Memory

Enjoyed :)

ahhh this is so well written...it makes me nostalgic for something which i don't know the name. your imagery is amazing--as always--and something about this is so real and personal that it is relatable in a beautiful and almost poetic way

• Starlitskies

Great piece! There's so much sincerity laced within your words. The details and descriptions are interesting as well. I've seen your profile before but I don't think we've properly crossed paths. So hi I guess! I'm Starlitskies! :)

re: thanks so much! <3<3<3

re: awwww thank you! :D did i not like this?? did you change something?? lol idk, anyways, <333 so glad you liked my piece! :D did you see mir's piece as well?

ok wtw took my piece down too b/c music link hehe....