sophie_simile

My goal: to express the beauty of the world through writing; inspire change, and explore different uses of language.
Favorite genre to write: poetry, fiction
Favorite series: Harry potter

Hi! I'm Sophie :) thanks for coming to my corner of WtW.
Any feedback or comments are appreciated, I'm looking to improve my writing and learn from this amazing community of writers!

Where Truth and Imagination Collide

What makes a writer a writer?

A writer is someone who dares to create the impossible. 

A writer is someone who dreams to describe the indescribable.

A writer is someone who secretly checks their closet everyday, looking for portals to another world.

A writer is someone who imagines raindrops with names as they roll down windowpanes, racing their brothers and sisters.

A writer is someone who views their social faux-pas as good writing material, turning awkward into experience.

A writer is someone who devours books like some do pancakes, mentally making lists of favorite words.

A writer is someone who would take you seriously if you told them their favorite character had died.

A writer is someone who first turns to their journal after slamming a door.

A writer is someone who appreciates the natural stillness in life, when the earth stops to take a breath, listening to what the world has to say.

A writer is someone who sees the disregarded, hears the unheard, asking what is their story? 

A writer is someone who's voice likes to live in the deep, cavern of the mind, but longs to break through to surface.

A writer is someone who dares to face the monsters inside of their head, and chooses to be vulnerable.

A writer is someone who notices things. 

A writer is someone who seeks to understand.

A writer is someone who choses to expose the ugly truths, the pain, and the beauty of this world.
Your writing matters. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. You are enough. You are talented. For daring to writing, you are brave.
<3

Prompt created by AbellePuppy34.

1

• arianaganguly

Awesome

WOW.

• Mina_77

Congratulations on Wednesday words! This is such a beautiful piece, you really put into words what a writer is. Great job, this is really relatable.

• JonesyL123

Wow, this is very relatable and such a beautiful poem. Congrats on Wednesday words!

• ???

"A writer is someone who choses to expose the ugly truths, the pain, and the beauty of this world." This is amazing! I absolutely loved this piece! And the title- WOW. Congrats on Wednesday Words!

• The Inky Writer

Some of these lines are so relatable to me, especially this one, 'A writer is someone who first turns to their journal after slamming a door. ' A beautiful piece. Congrats on Wednesday Words!

"A writer is someone who first turns to their journal after slamming a door." You know me too well XD I love this so much <333 (and can totally relate!)

• TianEn [ChildOfGod]

I totally watched raindrop siblings race each other down the window on rainy car trips!

• wavewriter

Oh. My. Goodness! This is so relatable and your word choice was perfect. I am so glad this piece got featured because I would not have gotten to read this brilliant piece otherwise! Congrats!!

Re: Anytime! :D
    Aw thank you! That makes me feel all bubbly inside.

• Avril

I looove this piece! Hehe I thought I was the only one who imagined raindrops were racing each other down the windows...

Wow, I couldn't' stop grinning while listening to you read this! (that makes drinking a smoothie a lot harder btw) The piece is charming and relatable, and your voice is perfectly suited to reading aloud. Congrats!

Congrats!! Some of these lines just struck me so hard - I love them so much!! "A writer is someone who first turns to their journal after slamming a door. / A writer is someone who appreciates the natural stillness in life, when the earth stops to take a breath, listening to what the world has to say." Amaaazing :D

• rwong

congrats on Wednesday words!! This is super well deserved the poem is gorgeous

i guess i'm a writer :)
    this is absolutely gorgeous - congrats on wednesday words!! this poem is stunning!

• Rose A(hiatus)

This great! Your wording is so beautiful. Congrats on Wednesday Words!

• sci-Fi

ahhh I LOVE this! Congrats on Wednesday Words!!

• serein

re: thank you so much you the sweetest thing!
    and of course I would include you! I would never dream of not doing it!

• Busssy.Beee

i echo eveyrone below. This has been one of my fav response to this prompt. My fav line is, "A writer is someone who secretly checks their closet everyday, looking for portals to another world." It reminds me so much of Chronicles of Narnia :)))

• serein

This is so beautifully put! Probably the best version I've seen! Very enlightening actually.

• Rachaelgrace

Oh my goodness Sophie! This is amazing :) I love this line so much: A writer is someone who sees the disregarded, hears the unheard, asking what is their story? Great job!!!!

• AbellePuppy34

Re: Thank you! Most people (sadly including myself) don't read the longer pieces, so this means so much to me! You made my day all over again! :)

• AbellePuppy34

Thank you for writing this!!! You made my day! :) This is one of my favorite responses to my prompt yet.