Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, a good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

Of Loss and Lament

21

A poet's sorrow is lined with silver verse,
and no one can detect where one slips into the other.

Turning tears into diamonds and grief into snowfall,
they write circles around the point.

Catharsis and avoidance are synonymous
as they press pen to tear-stained page.
I came up with that first line yesterday or the day before (thanks to happy butterfly for helping me think of it) and have been dying to write it into something ever since.

• almost flora kane

re: aaaaaaa i know it sucks so good luck. hopefully we'll both get a chance at something sometime:)

• happygiggles

Re- I love you Anne. You're such a gentle, kind and compassionate person and you always make me feel appreciated, thank you. There has not been a time where you have failed to make me smile, or a piece of yours hasn't brought me joy. So, Anne Blackwood, thank you for being here. <333
    P.s I've never written a poem/piece about an Ed Sheeran song. but I still quite like him. I didn't for a while because of Ella, but I got over it and I still listen to him occasionally, like right now LOL. There's various bits of merch of his around my room, I'll have to try my best to write a piece about one of his songs, I'll dedicate it to you Anne!

This piece is absolutely stunning. It paints a poet's pain into a picture of a beautiful ballerina dancing on a stage in an empty theatre, wearing a light blue costume and dancing around in a river of tears. Well, that's what it does for me anyway, if that even makes sense. What I'm trying to say, is that this is an award-winning poem.

I feel like I haven't asked you this in a while, how are you? How are things in Anne's world? I hope you're doing okay, I've been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, I'll make sure to say a Rosary for you this week. ((:

Always here for you, no matter what you need, whether it be feedback on a piece or an email to cheer you up ((:

• ~wildflower~

Re: awwwww thank you!! You’re awesome too <3

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you so much! Yes, that sounds nice about the weather!! :)

Re: ahh yes DEH and wicked are two of my favorites as well! And Tuck Everlasting is next on my list to listen to!!! :D I really do love anastasia, its different from any other musical I've listened to so far! :))

Ohh it’s so true... I love this.
    Re: tysm! I especially appreciate comments on the piece itself, so thank you!

• Livsnjutare

This is wonderful! You made such a beautiful piece!

First of all, I love this!!!! Its so simple yet thoughtful, wow :)
    Re: oh my goodness XD well that didn't last long, you guessed it!! I listened to Anastasia for the first time today and fell in love :)) and yes, those were the songs, as well!! Wow well I'm glad my poem really got the feeling right!!!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, that’s nice that you get to chill! :) I just had a long walk with my dog, and it’s not even COLD!!!! So that’s nice! :)

• kealoha

re: aw thank you so much, it means a lot :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you so much, Blue! Aww, I think we’re pretty similar! :) How are you doing?

• intoxicating starlight

Beautiful!! Simple and sweet is often the best.
    Re: thank you for the tip on republishing pieces without losing the likes and comments! I'll be sure to try that out.
    Also, I wrote a poem!! Yes, Waspy is back and writing up a storm this December, and boy am I am excited to share the latest piece with you, Anne. It's titled "& i wonder, did the olympians fall just as sweet."

ack the first line is just GORGEOUS. Just an example of what comes when two incredible poets put their minds together...

• Rachaelgrace

woah this is beautiful. i love it so much.

"tears into diamonds" is such a beautiful phrase. I feel like it should be a song or something!

Great prompt for the December grab bag.. not super into historical fiction but happy yours got picked :D

• almost flora kane

the simplicity of this is sooooo gorgeous. and re: thank you:))

• lochnessie

oooh i love this!
    many people to thank but gotta thank you for my daily laughing-crying <3

"Catharsis and avoidance are synonymous
    as they press pen to tear-stained page." sorry i hade to go do something. BUT THESE LINES ARE BEAUTIFUL AND POWERFUL AND AHHH SO GOOD
    "A poet's sorrow is lined with silver verse,
    and no one can detect where one slips into the other." also this is so so pretty and i love how you added "no one can detect where one slips into the other" its just gives it so much more meaning and truth

ooohhh this is so prettyyyy

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you! :)

• birthdaycandles

ok well now i feel dumb lol. this is so emotional and CATHARTIC which I now know what means B)
    no but seriously this is beautiful.

• birthdaycandles

*googles what catharsis is again because someone’s been slacking in English class this year* :0

• Just_A_Memory

It’s so pretty!! Sad, but pretty

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: haha, yeah, I get ya! Thanks! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Oooohhhhh wooowwww! I can totally feel this. The first line.. ALL the lines are amazing.