Rohan’s Defender

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY with a double bias <3
*joined in July 2020*

“Remember there is a person here in America, in the state of Kentucky, who understands you.”
-me (this is my own version of a quote by Jimin)

Have a great day! :)

Rural Snow Globe

14
December is coming
The winter chill drifts on the wind
The season is finally here

My little town
Is like a snow globe
A rural Christmas is
Unlike any other

Rolling hills tickled with
Fluttering snowflakes 
That look like static 
From my car window

Long walks 
On the snow dusted square
Twilight quickly falling
Cars rumbling by
Busy people preparing for
December 25th 
For once
Making it feel like a 
Big city

Houses decked with 
Lights 
Storefronts leaking steaks of
Golden light
Nativity scenes
Showing Christ 
And the shepherds 

Lively music
Special movies saved for
This time of year
Jingle bells and stockings
Freshly baked cookies
And my pink sweater that says
 “Santa’s Favorite”

Our own little tree
That looks more and more like
Charlie Brown’s every year
Special ornaments 
Collected since my parents got married

When I was younger
Christmas was all about
Presents and Santa
Elves and the tree

But this year it’s different 
Different for the world
For the country 
But also different for me
And it’s not because 
Of the recent virus

I’ve never felt this way before
All these things make me 
Think of you
This year I don’t want 
A bunch of gifts
Or cookies

I want you here
But I know that won’t happen
You’re busy with your own life
And your own Christmas 
But I have an emotion planted
Deep in my heart
Unfamiliar from past years
Best described as a
Longing

I know it won’t happen
But I’m still thinking of you 
The happy holiday vibes
Make me a little sad
Because I’m wishing
For you
All the star crossed lovers 
Out in the light snow
Make me feel kind of
Empty 

If you ever see this 
And you somehow know
That it’s for you
Could you please, please
Just tell me 
I wish I could spend Christmas with you, too
And let me know that you feel the same

This year you will not be right beside me
On Christmas 
But I’ll be thinking of you
Will you be thinking of me?
But maybe 
One year
You will be with me
Just maybe
You will

I poured my heart into this... I’m sorry about all the sad poetry recently. I’m thinking about someone specific...Maybe one year. Until then, I guess I’ll keep writing poetry about it. 

• bookmagic

re: you're so awesome. Thank you so much!

• In Which Yaya Writes

First off, I wish I could live here XD.
    Second off, aww! I’m so sorry. That must be hard... I don’t understand that feeling, but I can feel bad for you. But, if I were the type of person to use jokes to cheer people up, I would say “Wait, Shaggy moved?” XD. But, you gotta remember that Christmas is about Jesus, not this person, however amazing they are :). Even so, I hope you can get better!
    Replying: Yeah, it is interesting!
    Of course.
    Aww ;). Thank you!!

• its.joyanna

re: of course !! the books are way better than the movies... in my opinion. i liked the second one best cause of finnick odair ;)

re: thanks, Mellon! :) i'll gladly fangirl and chat anyday

• its.joyanna

re: gale is really loyal, your rightttt. and peeta is cute i suppose. which movie do you like best

• ChimChim_1

Re: Oh ok THANK CHU

• its.joyanna

re: oh gosh peeta mellark????? he... aint... cute...
    gale is hotter.

re: yes yes yes! bring all of our people and friends and move to the lost cities! (or at least visit them) and you're welcome! oh, that's so cool about calling you Mellon. I don't know why i didn't know that. but all i see and hear is melon. *facepalm*
    well, whatever the weather, it'll work out. but fingers crossed for snow.

• ChimChim_1

Re: I was thinking the same thing but do you know their email? b because I don't and neither does she hehe and yes I will keep you updated :3

• ChimChim_1

Re: They once unpublished her writing because they said it had too much violence something like that but that's all.

• its.joyanna

re: ooh also, love the frying pan scenes

• its.joyanna

re: he's kinda hot too not gonna lie. i love some cartoon character men ;))))

• its.joyanna

re: ohhh yes love tangled !!

• its.joyanna

re: ohhh i love olaf as well ! love the whole frozen gang actually especially samantha ;)

• crystalline•galaxies

i love your imagery and descriptions here... i really can't wait for christmas.

also, i posted again -- do you want me to link the posts or just let you know?

• Mpm#1

re: yeah! :)
    This does such a good job of conveying your longing to be with this person! Good job! :)

• its.joyanna

re: sven is the best

• its.joyanna

re: THANK YOU SO MUCH! guess what? that pic is me...... can you believe itXD
    also is your pfp sven because if so were automatically friends *insert rudolph are better than people song*
    also thanks for the support
    :)

• its.joyanna

ahh what a beautiful peom !! i love this. it's gonna be okay though darling. i have a feeling everything will work out.

also, why do they call you mellon?
    also, SNOW! ahhh i just realized like how much i want snow this year. you prob get lots of it every year? we sometimes get snow. a little. we've had a couple white winters, and the infamous snowmageddon of feb 2019 (SCHOOL WAS ACTUALLY CANCELED. LIKE, MY SCHOOL WAS AT 500 FT ELEVATION AND SNOW BROKE THE TREES.)
    but your poem is so cozy at the beginning and perfectly Christmassy

first reaction: awww
    second: ahhhh
    third: hugs, it's gonna be ok, we got you.
    this is real and normal and pretty and aching at the same time
    re: yes yes yes! we shall move to the lost cities and became steadfast friends and attend foxfire and eat mallowmelt and ripplefluffs and custard bursts and pudding puffs and cinnacreme and butter blasts and prattles and blitzenberry muffins. (i know you haven't heard of all these, but now you have desserts to look forward to! it's not spoiling, is it? sorry... )

Re: Thanks, Lark <3

Re: Hehe... if I had advice I'd be taking it. *facepalms in hopeless romantic*

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: Yay! Im encouraging you? yayayay XD I'll be your daily encouragement, then!
    \ ( ^_^) /

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: yeah. even caring about a person in a platonic way is hard. I get scared sometimes and put walls up. But if theres someone who is a genuine nice person, it really lights my day. Kinda like you^^

• birthdaycandles

Re: In getting on ok! Didn’t do too great in my most recent bio test... but hey the only way is up! Also I love your #holidayvibes username and pfp! I am so ready for Christmas break already (and ofc Jesus’ birthday yay :D)

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: yeahhhh thankfully (im not trying to compare) I don't really have that problem XD im so sorry though--and im always here, Mellon! Im Lucky to have youuu

• (sk)eyesofocher

ive had a Charlie Brown Christmas tree for about three years now... but this is amazing Mellon, and don't be saddd

Re: Glad ya like me, bc ur stuck with me XD. And yeah, I get it. I really do. I think HSP's have crushes to the tenth power lol.

• AliMuscles04

Re: thanks. It hasn't been as bad recently but I some times slip back into that stage every now and again

ack i agree with all these comments :) also how are you getting things out of mindfruit I've never heard before... from how much time and effort he spends on boy scouts I would've never thought he cut his thumb right after a lesson about knife safety unless he was really young...I'm going to have to ask him about that XD and again the poem here is really good, Im loving the wistful vibe and all the tiny details in the beginning :)

• beth r.

ooooh this is so cozy! don't be sorry!
    re: yup XD

• mindfruit (hiatus)

Awww, cute poem! There's so many delightful things about this, but I'll just highlight a few... "Rolling hills tickled with/Fluttering snowflakes" I love the word "tickled", it just sounds so good! and "Our own little tree/That looks more and more like/Charlie Brown’s every year" this made me smile :) I watch Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown each year so I definitely know what you're talking about. poor little tree.
    Re: oh, what's this about a Christmas sweater? Anyways, I've done a bunch of cool things as a Boy Scout. We're the largest troop in our area, so there always seems to be something going on. I've gone to scout camp on Catalina Island (off the coast of CA) three times, done tons of service, cut my thumb right after a lesson about knife safety, and have gone whitewater rafting! And don't feel bad about Girl Scouts selling cookies. Boy Scouts is plenty fun by itself (my troop actually doesn't sell popcorn). As I mentioned earlier, we do a bunch of service, which is kind of similar to cookie-selling in the sense that you spread joy to the community :) And a Santa stalker, eh? that's really interesting, especially since he should up to your birthday (which isn't too weird since your birthday is in December). I've never met a self-proclaimed Santa stalker before. Neat! What is this thing called "snow"? Never heard of it. jk, that's just me being a Socal kid. That's really cool that it's snowing in Kentucky, I love the snow :D And yes, I didn't realize how close we are to Christmas until you mentioned it (26 days. 26. DAYS. That's like three weeks, Eden! Ahhhh). And sure thing! Back at you :) I'll make sure to get something good!

Aww, this was so sweet and then bittersweet. Just remember that you are young, and this will pass, but that doesn't make your feelings any less real or valid.