Eremurus

Call me River
He/They
nonbinary transmasc; panromantic; asexual?
(i really have no clue what i'm doing)
Agnostic/Theist
hApPy PrIdE mOnTh
BLM

Eremurus- a flower native to eastern Europe and temperate Asia; aka foxtail lily or desert candle; often compared to a long spike
the flower is unlike any other and the word infatuates the tongue (or at least mine)
- - -
"If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can transform one million realities" - Maya Angelou

"But on paper, things can live forever. On paper, a butterfly never dies." - Jacqueline Woodsen

life's soil

5

what am i but silence in a desert // deserted? // waves of sand frozen in time / its moment passed years ago, but that moment, it was mine / a single space of silence found between two gusts of wind // two soundproof words // my silence was not heard / what meaning had that whisp of an existence?

what are we but skin on bones // mucscles, fats, guts? // who are we to the stars but a soft whimper / when the rest of existence sreams in agony? / go outside, pick a star and pray that it survives / maybe we will see its sympathy upon our pitiful life // what for? / who told you a star had the power of life / and the power to grant it?

a pregnant being births life // nurses existence // what if the animal is deserted? / does it carry life if nothing breathes existence into it? / does a word carry meaning if no one reads it? / is it alive? / are we alive to the sun if it doesn’t plant purpose in our eyes?

reaching for the shred of light // our existence depends on // we pull ourselves closer to it / maybe one day we will be noticed / maybe one day we will know what it means to live

who am i if not alive in the eyes of stars?

I love this- "who told you a star had the power of life" was just wow, really made me think. I also really loved the questions throughout. Awesome piece!

• Parisienne

This is beautiful...sort of gave me Shakespearean vibes. Stunning work! :)