happy butterfly

South Africa

14
poet
pisces
swimmer
reader
a shy people's person
wtw's official little sister:)
turn it into art

i've spilt all my stars out for you

forever is the sweetest con
-taylor swift

hmm my sister likes this one

eden,give me luck

25

i taste poetry in your lies,
are they rehearsed so you can escape chaos?
you are a curse in a sweet disguise.
you say you've learnt love from the gods,so then you haven't learnt love at all.
you forget about forget-me-nots, pain in petals you have caused
what a sin what a sin        but you don't believe it to be. he feels and nobody else feels ( that is what you teach yourself)
i wish on quartz and hold it to my lips, empathy is rare among the royals, is it not so my highness?
forgiving without apologies seems to be my talent,   balance      on unecessary sacrifice.
do anything in the name of love and it becomes romantic.
throw porcelain off the cliff,shattering blue and white china; broken stories and legends- always seem to dissappear, so what will we become? the ones who broke before they lived?
crystal ball crystal ball    tell me      please
am i chasing the sun or should i keep being tinkerbell    and hope and wait and hope and wait for dust to clean my wings.
beautiful cruel cruel time does not tell me anything, words never spoken but feelings always felt (too much for our own good)
now even the trees in eden are rooting for me
oh eden give me luck eden give me luck
the three fates ruthlessly watch,stretch string and peacefully hum

• December 6, 2020 - 8:54am (Now Viewing)

re: haha no i was joking too don't worry!! :) I just like the name paisley, it was one of the names that my dad really wanted to name me (but then they chose ella) so idk i just have a little bit of a connection to it!
    also idk what you're talking about, happy butterfly is an awesome username!!! it seemed to fit you really well, like, idk, it just made you seem light and flowy and i always admired it!!
    oooh you have SUCH a pretty name ahhhh <3333 Anisa is a beautiful name!! and it fits you so well... :)))
    <3

re: oBEY YOUR MOTHER
    lol or not
    also you can call me either name, i'm cool with them both, but my actual name is Ella. Or Ell, which is what some of my friends call me. But paisley is fine too :)
    it's funny, i just learned that anne blackwood's name ISNT actually anne blackwood, that blew my mind! i tend to think of people on wtw as their usernames. So well i think of you i just think of happy butterfly :) i don't know your actual name, tho, so maybe that's why! <3

re: okay i feel you, i also get creative at night, but STILL i am being a mother but GO TO BED SOON you need SLEEP
    or, you know, write amazingly beautiful poetry ;)

re: DUDE you need to get some sleep!!! it's only 2:47 in the afternoon here in MN. goodnight ;) <333

re: yeah, i get that. i don't show my writing to my family at all. and when my friends joined it was a little weird, i unpublished a lot of stuff, but it turned out fine :) my sister's turning 13 next year and i think she's gonna join and idk if i'm gonna like that... o-O anyways, yeah! hope you're having a good day :)

re: lol yeah i managed to get like... 8 of my irl friends on here! ~delaney~, abby.a, Lilyaa1, ReaganGrace, Kiwibird, Lexi Birken, BinBin :), and Callen Meier. you should go check all of them out!! they're all super fun and cool :)))

• ~Zoe N~

all your poetry is stunning, i cant get over it

• beth r.

re: lovin' p.a.p

• beth r.

re: aw thanks!

• Jason_claire :)

replying- Hahaha, I try :)

• Jason_claire :)

Wow, your storytelling skills and word use is amazing. Like, heavenly. I am extremely in awe of your talent.
    replying- Aw, thank you; that just made me smile. I like to think I make at least one persons' life a little better. it's okay you can't spell, I suck at it too. My mom was so traumatized she's demanding I take spelling tests now.

Re: Me too <3

Re: Omigosh I've thought the same thing about you. If you ever see me please promise you'll approach me! Because I'll have no idea it's you until you say something because all I know is you have dark brown hair. And I'd be thrilled to meet you!! Sure it'll be awkward but it's worth it. Yeah I wish we lived in the same place too. Like there's technically a possibility of me meeting my sons someday because they're just a long drive south from me, but my daughters and sisters live so far away!! Ugh.

Re: Thanks you! And oh of course it is haha.

Re: Oh we are such a hilarious pair of overdramatic, over-romantic poets. I love it. This reminds me of my piece "inconsistent ramblings of my nom de plume" lol. How fitting that a conversation reminds me of poetry. *laughs in irony*

Re: Thanks bud. Lol sure we can paint it that way. I love that we both find the poetry in life. I doubt our paths will cross again, but it sure would be nice. *sighs in Disney princess*

Re: Haha thanksss. Um we follow each other on Insta and I've asked for prayer requests from his family and shared a word of knowledge, but we don't really talk. I mean when we went to the same school he was in my lunch group and we played the starring roles in the same play, but we were never more than friendly acquaintances. Add that to the fact that he still might be with the girlfriend I met (or any gf in general), and it just would be weird for me to be texting him a lot.
    Okay that is so sweet. He found it equal parts flattering and funny.

• that one rat from ratatouille

“am i chasing the sun or should i keep being tinkerbell and hope and wait and hope and wait for dust to clean my wings.” wow. just wow. that says so much about what we’re told and what we’ve seen
    “the three fates ruthlessly watch,stretch string and peacefully hum” *sniff* do i smell??? *sniff sniff* greek mythology??? (ignore me i’m being weird)

• kealoha

"words never spoken but feelings always felt" ah, this is just gorgeous, your writing is lovely <3

• abby.a

beautiful

re: yeah, i get that! :D and omg yessss that feeling of like, what if this is better??? but i always end up cutting it anyways because my hair looks really strange when it gets a little to long lol.

Re: Thank you!!

re: i totally agree, its awesome that we dont know how everyone looks! and weird haha! i absolutely love my pixie cut, i cut it almost three years ago (wow, i hadnt realized it was that long ago...) it's been so long, but every time i get it cut again i still get nervous lol bc like, what if they mess it up? ooh, your hair sounds so pretty ahhh... i wish i could see it!! :D its amazing how many different types of hair and appearances there are--it's a writer's dream ;)
    anyways, hope you're having a beautiful day!

• mindfruit

Re: I think my favorite ship is either Frank and Hazel or Will and Nico (it's nice to see Nico actually happy). Oh, and yes, what a feeling that is. It's the same for me concerning Kpop, I sorta like the genre but I feel too awkward to join in any conversation about it so I just listen :\ Glad you can find other pj fans on this site!

Re: Thank you ^-^

• lochnessie

re: ahhh wblock so hard.. i'm good though! stuff's good! u?

• lochnessie

re: thank you so much!! i really love the imagery in this, formatting works particularly well. love "throw porcelain off the cliff,shattering blue and white china; broken stories and legends- always seem to dissappear, so what will we become? the ones who broke before they lived?" is just gorgeous and so delicately worded and perfectly so

• lochnessie

re: thank you!!! haven't said hi for agesss omg

Re: Thank you!!

re: aww haha yeah i have a pixie cut that was dyed pretty bright purple! it's pretty faded now, bc i dyed it like... three months ago? four months ago? i dont even know anymore haha! i did have to bleach it, but i didn't mind because like i said, my hair is short and grows out really fast, so idk it didn't feel quite as permanent, if that makes sense?
    wow, i guess i never really thought about what you looked like irl! i always imagine you as your pfp, blue cloud hair and all! :D its so interesting, to know people so well and yet still have no idea what they actually look like. it's really cool -- and also weird!
    anyways, hope you're having a wonderful day! <333

• doodleninja

your writing is always so stunning! your vocabulary in here is absolutely magical and you have some awesome one-liners. Amazing work!

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

this is incredible, dont stop writing, the way you puppeteer your words is amazing

• A Rose

this is gorgeous and also so brutally physical

"i taste poetry in your lies,
    are they rehearsed so you can escape chaos?"
    What a powerful opener!!
    "you forget about forget-me-nots, pain in petals you have caused"
    How can a play on words be so powerful??
    "do anything in the name of love and it becomes romantic."
    I agree with Ella, that's my favorite line. It hits like a sucker punch.
    This is a masterpiece. You have become even more gifted than I expected.

"do anything in the name of love and it becomes romantic." this LINE wow i'm completely awestruck your poetry is absolutely gorgeous. refreshing, almost--it's been so long since i read anything quite like it :) this is divine, majestic, and so perfect. i love this more than words can express, and the title! is perfect! wow. i love this so, so much! <333

AHh "am i chasing the sun or should i keep being tinkerbell and hope and wait and hope and wait for dust to clean my wings." toooo gooood :o

/throw porcelain off the cliff,shattering blue and white china; broken stories and legends-/
    ^^AAAHHHHH the imagery!!!!!
    whyy is this so so beautiful!?! You are such a talented writer <333