Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
discord LexLuthor#8769

This is the fifth part of a short series called heartbreak. It is my take on the whole "soulmate-trope" and set in an AU
First time reading? the links to the prev parts are in the footnotes.

LMK if you want to be updated on the next part!
If I notified you and you don't want to be--just tell me in the comments and I'll take you off the list (no offense taken)

--
Check out some of my other series if you feel so inclined:

Traitors & Rebels -- a dystopian novel (continuing)
On the High Seas -- a pirate adventure (continuing)
heartbreak series -- soulmate au (this post right here lol)
Unlikely Hero -- fantasy (finished)

confusion | continuation of heartbreak series | 5

15
The warmth of Aspen’s Diner was a lovely welcome from the winter air outside. I stamped the snow from my boots and looked around the diner. I spotted Alice and Teddy sitting in a booth by the window. Braden Cook, Alice’s boyfriend, was with them. The faded turquoise of the seat shone under the winter sunlight pouring through the window. I peeled off my scarf as I made my way over to them, picking up a bit of their conversation.
    “Have you already met her?”
    “Come on, Alice,” Teddy groaned.
    “You totally have!”
    “I didn’t say that--”
    “At least tell us where it is. Under your shirt?” Alice said.
    “Alice--”
    “Hey guys!” I said, sliding into the booth next to Teddy. “Sorry I’m late. I swear, I got stopped at every red light!”
    “Hey, Mallory,” Alice said, suddenly quiet.
    “Is something wrong? You were so chatty when before I came,” I asked, confused at the change in Alice. 
    “Alice was just trying to guess who Ted’s soulmate is,” Braden said softly. 
    “Really, guys...it’s not a big deal,” Teddy said. “Mal, I ordered you a strawberry shake.”
    “Awesome, thanks!” I could tell Teddy was embarrassed. His cheeks were red and he shifted his beanie a little further down over his hair. 
    Usually, marks were a bit of a sore topic for me, but suddenly, I wanted to know Teddy’s. “Where is it?” I asked tentatively.
    “Under his shirt,” Alice answered. “Although he didn’t say what color.”
    “Technically, I didn’t say anything,” Teddy interjected. He sighed, “light red.”
    “Like pink?” I asked, smiling.
    “More like rosy peach.”
    “And that name doesn’t make it more girlish?” Braden teased.
    “Whatever man,” Teddy said laughing. “Better than a yellow finger!”
    Alice laughed and locked pinkies with Braden, “it’s the ultimate promise,” she said happily. Then she caught my eye and her smile disappeared. “Oh, I’m so sorry, Mal. I didn’t mean--”
    “It’s all right,” I said, feigning a smile. But really, I felt that pain again--the cold feeling in my chest. The sudden realization that Teddy had a match out there hit a little harder than I expected. I had never thought of Teddy’s match before. We had never talked about it--we tended to just avoid that conversation altogether. But it was true--he had his own mark. 
    It was too confusing. I tried to shake the feeling off and enjoy our milkshakes. But with each sip, the shake grew less sweet. The very moment I realized Teddy--my Teddy--would one day meet his match, something broke.

• Odysseus

I'm very very sorry to bother you, but I desperately want to read your series front-to-back, but I can't seem to find the first part, and the link above takes me to a page that reads "Content Not Found". Could you tell me where I could find it??

• AliMuscles04

What???!! NOOOOOO! I wanna cry :(

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

Wait. There's not another part!?! Just like Mal, something broke inside me. This series was lovely and beautiful! Keep on writing!

oh wow, this is something, this is amazing, i am in awe! and the enddddd!!!! wow... talent and emotion and and and how did i miss part 4!? ugh gotta read that! <3<3<3
    re: thanks!

• V-Rose

Re: It was clear. It just made me want to know a little more. Like what did they steal and all that? More curiosity than anything. And thanks for you're sweet comment.

• Busssy.Beee

YESS, i can't speak. this is sooo good. please notify me when part 6 comes out!! please? thank you!!

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

Ooooh! I can't wait to find out what happens next! Perhaps Mal could meet a person who also had his soulmate die? Keep on writing!

Oh, I love this so much! You're doing such an awesome job on this story :D
    Re: Thank you!!

• AstroWriter

Awww........

• Rose A(hiatus)

Wowww. Sorry that it took me so long to read this(took a break for thanksgiving). this is so good!! I'll readthe next chapter of on the high seas in a little bit

Yes! I have fallen in love with Teddy! Can I be his soulmate? Jk, if I was, we wouldn't have this amazing series!

And it's okay if it's at the end, because that means we shall finally be out of suspense!

Hopefully it's a happy ending!

• Halopoet

Now mallory is in love with teddy?? We gotta murder his soulmate, whatever. Thanks for letting me know btw!

• anemoia by a thread

I NEED MORE PLEASE MAL AND TEDDY AHH IT HURTS ME
    perfect title

• AliMuscles04

I want to cry but I'm at work!! I love this

• V-Rose

No! I don't want it to end! It's so good!

• Just_A_Memory

You should see my face. I feel like it's melting I'm so sad

• anemoia by a thread

re: didn't work. GRRR

• anemoia by a thread

also, it just gave me a page not found when i clicked on part one

• anemoia by a thread

re: well i def need to read this all now!
    and you'll come up with something. i mean, what really reminds you of a good holiday?

• chasing sunsets

Nooo!! AHHH I hope Mal finds her soulmate! The title hits harder with this chapter :((

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

AHHH NOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYY?!???! I’m gonna go cryyyyy! Thanks for breaking my heart in a million tiny, sharp pieces.... but seriously this is great and I don’t want it to end!!

• books4life

NOOOOOOOO NOT TEDDDY! I really hope this ends in like, "we choose our own soulmates" because i hardcore ship teddy and mal. :)