Cosmogyral

and i am tired,
so very tired.

an ode to the stars i stole from the sky

13
THIS IS A COLLECTION OF SHORT POEMS UNDER A SINGLE TITLE

LX. some dreams ask questions
that are better left unanswered.
      or maybe it's just that
some dreams are better left when they don't come true.

What did you think when you read that? What did you feel? Even if it was the most unintelligible scene or incomprehensible nonsense, tell me, please. I'd like to know.
it was thirty degrees outside when this was written. :( 

• Minvra

I feel like I'm seeing a dim light flickering in the darkness and then suddenly shutting out. But that could be the background music.

It feels like, the narrator is stumbling through the darkness trying to let hopes they had go. Some questions these dreams are things they don't want to deal with and or know the answer to but don't want to admit it. Some that won't come true and they're trying to come to terms to leaving it for their own sake.

• Hazen

I kind of thought, with regard to some dreams being better left ungranted, that some dreams should be projects in a way. That they should be worked for, instead of dreamt of. But you can work on a dream so... I guess my thought doesn't really make sense.

re: sorry lol i just can't even fathom that... anything above freezing here is warm. idk, i like the winter. sure, it's cold, but i like being outside and the snow makes everything look so pretty! :) i'm sure florida is very nice, but i'd miss the snow too much! and do you ever get to go ice skating??

re: wait BLUE??? dude... how?? i mean... is your house not insulated? like, at all?
    sorry if that was offensive lol i was just surprised, dont mean to insult you crazy florida people ;) and i mean, i think accents from the south are weird! my neighbors are from the south and whenever they have family over i love hearing them talk lol.

ooh, that poem sounds cool! i'll check it out :)

re: pfff crazy florida people 65 is literally SUMMER! i'd wear shorts at 65 degrees. Heck, i'd wear shorts at 55 degrees! here in MN, we always think it's funny when schools in warmer places close for like, a dusting of snow. Here, schools don't close unless you literally are UNABLE to get to school because there is so much snow, or because it's like -20 degrees out. or, you know, if there's a pandemic ;)

ahh thirty degrees is nice! i have my window open, it's beautiful! we've been in the upper twenties recently, but even that's not that cold. as soon as it gets lower than 10 degrees, thats when i consider it to be really cold. anyways, i love this poem, it's really beautiful! :)) <3

• Dmoral

uhm, this one flows different then the rest of them i think. it's not my favorite (can i say that in a comment? oops)--not to say i don't like it, it's just, it strays. something about this one prickles my skin. nonetheless, i like the last line. how you switch the concept of "some questions are better left unanswered" to "some dreams are better left when they don't come true." because that's amazing, love the line. also, i like the whole "or maybe it's just that" line, the space there was a great formatting choice and the way it's like the tipping point on a scale.

• em wilder

okay this might be my favorite one... which is crazy because all of them are amazing. also i feel the exact same as emi here. <3<3<3

This is so thought-provoking. The last line especially made me really stop and think. It's hard to describe it...like maybe sometimes we have dreams but in reality it would be better for us if we didn't achieve them?