Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

the sound of rain

love yourself, you guys. you're worth it <333

ALSO, i'm working on a new novel (!!) and I need some help with descriptions. Her home is in Washington state (and it is during the summer) so if any of you live there/have been there sort of recently, and are willing to answer a few questions about what it's like, I'd SERIOUSLY appreciate that! She also visits Arizona, and same goes for that--if any of you who are reading this live/have been there, I need some details on setting and stuff like that. If you'd be willing to answer a few questions about it, please lmk in the comments! It would be SO much help.
Love you all!! <333

i learned to love the figure in the mirror

13

because when they're sad, they let the tears fall. and
that's never weak -- at least, that's what they tell others
and maybe they're starting to believe it, too.

because when their lips aren't chapped, i'm
proud of them. self-care never was their strength and
they're trying. and that's enough.

because their eyes smile when they see the way
their cheeks flush and their hair doesn't lay flat
they're finally beginning to see their own beauty

because they hold their head high and
aren't afraid of the world -- dreams don't come easy but
they've learned not to be afraid of the nightmares.

because they smile. and they've never been good at that before
but now their lips remember and maybe, just maybe, they think
it feels good to be happy.

because their heart pounds and their lungs draw in air and
their soul dances with an unexplained euphoria in who they are
and they dance right along with it

i learned to love the figure in the mirror because
they're learning to love themself.
Loosely inspired by abby.a's piece "i learned to never hold on to my dreams", kai blue's piece "i learned to never forget nightmares", and SunV's piece "i learned to long for the dreamless nights". The content really isn't related but I took the concept and part of the formatting to create this poem. Also, they're all just really good, so go check them all out! :D

This is absolutely stunning! And you are beautiful! That figure in the mirror is beautiful! Don't ever think otherwise!

Also, the last stanza gave me major 'nine' sleeping at last vibes (in a good way!)

wow.
    as for arizona... haven't lived there, but it's the southwest, and i love the southwest. dry. desert, high mtn desert. go up several thousand feet, and you'll get rocky, snowy mtns, aspens, evergreens, clearings, grass, streams. lower in altitude, lots of reddish sand, red rock (sandstone), cacti (saguaros esp), prickly pear prob, beaver tail cactus, claret cups (i think), lizards, juniper trees and their dusty blue berries (some are almost green), sagebrush with its pungent scent, pinyon pines, dry washes, chipmunks (golden antelope squirrels, actually), packrats (never seen one, but their nests are easy to find; they also carry hantavirus). think dry cold, the kind that makes powdery snow if there is any at all. the kind that makes 40 degrees quite warm.
    actually, that's the description i have for utah, so it might not be totally accurate...

Yes, how beautiful

• birthdaycandles

yes yes yes!

• kai blue

this is STUNNING. the way you talk about how difficult self love can be, while sort of sticking to the pieces you were inspired by but still having your own thing... i LOVE IT. you should be proud of this <33
    also can i just take a sec to thank abby.a for reminding us all how mirrors work?? without them reminding me how, i might have forgotten! phew, good thing they’re here, amiright?

• Busssy.Beee

hmm, I don't live in Arizona, but I've been there before. Arizona has a lot of canyons. Those are really pretty and everywhere in Arizona, there are a lot of layered red rock. Oh and they have a lot of cacti! I don't know if this helped, but I wish you all the best of luck on your novel!! <33
    And this piece is just perfection! Beautifully written!

• sci-Fi

This is gorgeous.... never stop loving urself Paisley! Ur amazing!!!!!!

• psithurism

<333

• beth r.

OH THIS I-
    yessss self love!! wtw loves you, don't forget that!

replying: thank you paisley bubs! youre so sweet,i missed you too!!!!

• pyrrhic

YOU DESERVE TO LOVE THE BEAUTIFUL PERSON IN THE MIRROR. (psssst- that's you. you're the beautiful person in the mirror... that's hoe mirrors work. well now i've just gone and embarrassed myself.... oh well, so worth it imo)