Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Clarification: I'm not depressed about this, and the whole "falling into darkness" thing was to contrast with the metaphor of light.

the afterlight

17

you showed her off / introduced her / i heard her name then / now all i hear is    h e a t h e r    / the two of you were glowing
    you and i were costars together / except looking back / i think i was just the stagehand / creating your    m a g i c    / but never near enough to shine
    you aren't    p e r f e c t    / and neither is she / but you could've fooled me / stars in your smiles and feather-soft laughs / while i stared on into the night
    you were a different universe then / sometimes that's the cruelest part / i was unaware of your radiance / and now all i am is / falling into    d a r k n e s s
I wrote this last night after listening to Heather by Conan Grey way too many times. I sound all heartbroken in this, but keep in mind that in the same day I cried over a two-second clip of a random engaged couple and five minutes later was yelling at my Chromebook and phone that they had to break up with each other. Yay for periods.
Anyway, this is about me remembering when C introduced our drama class to his girlfriend after our play. That's what I get for rwatching the video my dad took of us performing the beginning of the show (C is so talented though!!).
No hate to the gf or stage ninjas by the way; both are amazing.

Crying over engaged couples...I relate. Makes me mildly emotional too. OH, man, that must be really hard. The girlfriend...yeah, been in that situation too. You verbalize it perfectly.

oh my gosh annie, this is so beautiful! oh my gosh i have also listened to heather wayyy too many times then learnt it on my ukelele and now ive sang it way too many times while thinking about my own life lollll
    "creating your m a g i c / but never near enough to shine" ahhhh so genius
    i miss you bubsies but im on holiday now so im back. also i think my block is slowly releasing me. im grateful because it allowed me to start writing songs again and they have definetely improved because of poetry i think. and boy ive written alot of songs and i thinkkkk poetry is coming back so im really happy. but like im so stressed on coming here because i feel like ive missed so much and i have so many things to read and so many newbies to meet and ahhh . anne i need a wtw older sister speech

• chasing sunsets

This is absolutely stunning, yet hits hard for everybody who goes through those emotions. Music is always one of the best inspirations for writing ;)

• V-Rose

Re: What do you think is going to happen next?

• Cosmogyral

i've listened to conan since idle town <3

• V-Rose

Here's a new chapter for Never Really Real.

This is really good. I kind of understand Anne. I cried on Thanksgiving at dinner and was mad at everyone while saying what I was thankful for, so...

• anemoia by a thread

but poignant and painful too. great job conveying emotion. (I'm anemoia & lattes, aka erin; i just changed my username!)

• anemoia by a thread

ahhhh wow this is lovely.

• mindfruit

oh dang, that's a punch in the face with emotion.

• doodleninja

aw such a pretty yet melancholic piece here! <3
    ("yay for periods" I'm cracking up so hard XD)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Oh, wow, this hit me hard. I’m sorry you feel this way. I can relate.