Pavithra C.P

"Reading is dreaming with open eyes"
15 years old (2020)
LOVE LITERATURE
Budding author
Books are a treasure <3 <3
Indian
Karate black belt
Dancer
Reading & writing= My passion
<3 <3 <3

I am quite new to the atmosphere around here. I am just a 9th grader as of 2020 :) and this is my first blog. I hope to get maximum support from you guys. I am open to all sorts of critique to improvise myself!! Be my fans and I will be yours, well a bigger one :)
Feel free to surf through my work when you find time.
Thank you
LOVE YOU GUYS!!

I read a book at 4:00 am and now can't stop thinking about it.

2

Khaled Hosseini's masterpiece, The Thousand Splendid Suns had an essence in it that caught me off-guard. Before I knew it, I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks as I read, contemplating each word as my brother snores beside me.
I even pondered over the thought of leaving the book halfway and going to sleep at 2:00 am but could not bring myself to it. And so I lied down reading, with a spur of emotions in mind.
Impossible to resist and unimaginably tragic, this book is a literary masterpiece. Just in case you are wondering if A Thousand Splendid Suns is as good as Hosseini's Kite Runner, here's the answer: NO, It's better. Much, much better.
This story is riveting, important and compelling- a story about the struggles of women in Afghanistan. A story about their hardships and their bravery in rising up above it. One sits on the edge of the seat while reading this book and the reader can expect a spur of emotions through,  mixed with tears, remorse, joy and guilt. This story takes the reader through a roller coaster and is an eye to the real outside world. 
"I would beat her so hard that her mother's milk would leak out of her bones" This book beautifully portrays the heart-wrenching atrocities under the
Taliban. It portrays the ill effects of the war and wants you leaving for more.
"If it was a girl, Laila knew what to name her."
With two female as the protagonist in a world virtually ruled over by men, the story portrays he beautiful essence of a mother-daughter relationship, the struggles, the love and the sacrifices. This story entangles itself and leaves you wanting for the love a boy gave to her girl best friend, while at the same time face off all the rumors about them. It leaves you wanting to fight for their rights, the rights of the oppressed.
A literary triumph, this book is a must-read for anyone who wants to experience the true essence of literature once in their life. Believe me, it leaves you weeping.

And so I finished the book and at 1:00 pm a week later, I still can't stop thinking about it.
Oh I just can't stop thinking about it! (Even though it is my second read!)