mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

in love with the world
existing is all i know how to do

btw, i don't actually call my family "mother" or "father" or "brother". just thought it sounded cool lol. i do call my cat "the cat" sometimes tho! XD <3

all is calm today

14

and the gentle ambiance goes on--
mother in the kitchen, clearing the dishes away.
father in the living room, leading a meeting.
brother sitting in his room, reading on the unmade bed.
the cat curled up in her usual spot, grooming herself.

and me. and me.
staring out the window and thinking.
i draw my castle in the air with
marble halls and turrets and gable rooms galore.

the quiet ways of our afternoon goes on.
no one burst into my room or yells from the other end of the house.
i'm alone for once,
my imagination keeping me company.

life keeps marching steadily forward
and i am here and i am okay.

today a calm has washed over us and all is peaceful. i wonder how long this will last. 

• Anlee

(apologize for this random comment in advance) but in ur message to readers box when u said you called ur cat "the cat" i thought of lay zhang's buzzfeed interview where he realized that he never named his cat XD
    ok aside from that not so funny reminiscence this poem is quietly beautiful and soothing to read <33

• Abigail Faith

I LOVEEE this!!!!!

• WordsSpeakLouder

I find this piece quite relatable and I really like the style you wrote it in it seems very fitting.

• AbellePuppy34

I always get worried the calm won't last, but I guess then I'm just ending it. Love this so much!

ahh this is such a lovely and peaceful piece, probably as you intended ;). lovely work! also @ the message from writer, i get that lol.

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

this is a cozy, refreshing, and just... ahhh piece. feels so peaceful.
    re: oh my, thank you so much! your words and opinion mean a lot. i just had fun writing it too. and then at the end, i realized i actually had a message i wanted to convey. and you're welcome! i can't pick a favorite writer on here, obviously, but you really are on my list. and you're just such a constant and kind presence on here.
    ah, sleeping at last! today i downloaded over 60 of their songs... space album is def my fave but i've been listening to emotions, senses, and atlas: i. obviously, i love saturn, but venus, mercury, earth, sun, and mars too... and i haven't listened to the others in--depth, but i also loved woodwork and the songs off of that album. i've downloaded the enneagram album, but haven't listened to all of them yet. i'm excited to, tho! it's the kind of music i could fall asleep to, but i wouldn't, because i'd be listening to the beauty of the lyrics.
    thanksgiving was pretty low-key... we put up christmas decor and watched football and basketball. and we made/ate food. and i'm ruthlessly reorganizing my room. as in, recycling, throwing away, and donating ALL THE CLUTTER. IT WAS DRIVING ME IN INSANE. ok, i'm ok now.
    we usually travel for thanksgiving—not to see fam, but just to get away into nature and refresh, but we decided to stay in-state this year. there were a lot of variables in trip planning this year, but we still got to see some cool stuff.
    anyway... hbu? any new traditions for this year? do you have snow where you live? (either now or later in the year)

Jeez I just breathed finally so thanks for spreading your calm to us