Anlee

16
ambivert
chinese american
cries, laughs, dreams
bops to classical, jazz, lofi, kpop
multi-fandomer but stray kids is my ult <3

active since July 2020

Semi-active.
Some hobbies: dance, calligraphy, reading, listening to music, doodling, science olympiad
ty for 90+! every single one of you fruit loops mean a lot to me <33
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
if you want a review, just comment on one of my pieces and I'll gladly do so :) If you just wanna chat, leave a comment too. I'm always willing to talk <3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I hope that at least one piece of my writing speaks to you

I forgot to inhale one last time

23

midnight whispers of melancholy knock 
on my ears, honey music of the sirens 
lulling me to explore their coveted islands
hidden behind drowsy mists that meander
above and beneath echoes of forever
i stare past the glimmering illusion of 
dripping prosperity and notice the flicking 
tongues beheld by luscious smiles and scaled 
tails swathed in silken mermaid fabric
yet my body drifts towards sugar glazed 
danger and my teeth sink into the crimson apple,
juice dribbling down my chin and dousing the
sand with sticky traces of imprisonment by choice
time escapes from my shattered hourglass 
while the moon steals my final breath and
they pull me under the frothing waves
i am the oceans’ feast tonight

• Wisp

Replying: I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw you in my notifications!! You're always a delight to chat to and every single one of our encounters have been ever so lovely! And, welcome back! Even if you're just staying for a bit, I'm so glad to see you! How have you been? Has school been alright for you? (Of course, you're not obligated to answer if it's uncomfortable for you!)
    And I'm glad you enjoyed the poem! You're one of the sweetest people I've met on WtW, and I hope you know how much talking to you has brightened up my days too! Hope all's well with you!

omg wow, this is just so descriptive, it pulled me in so great! "glimmering illusion of
    dripping prosperity" was just wow! the way you describe things is so beautiful! everything flowed so smoothly yet you moved the story so fast- the last line really gave the story a sense of ending! I look forward to reading more of your stuff! RE: Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it <3 also omg- calligraphy- that's so cool!

• ArtisticCatbird2020

re: Hehe of course; this piece is great! (Thank you for your comment as well!)

• ArtisticCatbird2020

Woah! I love the way you write -- your descriptions, syntax, word choice... everything is amazing!!

• BriRiley

I love the Snow White aesthetic!! And the title is very intriguing! And detail is beautiful!

• Johanna

I got hooked by that title and oh dear do I not regret coming here.

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

The descriptions/imagery are spellbinding!!! Just an enchanting piece all in all. I loved everything about this!!!

• Shay

The way you spin your words are so beautiful. Almost like how a spider spins it's web. I wish I could do it like you do.

Re: Thanks. I never want anyone else to go through what I did. Bullying does leave scarring memories. In fact, I heard somewhere that the bad memories are the ones that stay in your heart.

• Wisp

The imagery!! Oh my gosh Anlee, you outdid yourself this time and I am just soaking it all up. Everything about this piece--just I have no words. There's so much to be said about it and there's so much in this piece.
    "on my ears, honey music of the sirens
    lulling me to explore their coveted islands"
    The whole journey and transformation of the piece is elusive yet so poignant and alive and just so darling. I wish I could bottle this up because it makes me dream of ocean breezes and starry nights and new beginnings. Just so beautiful and there's a tranquility in this that soothes me.

• LittleBody_BigHeart<3

re: Thanks for the compliment on my recent work! I admire your writings! <3

• erin!

the imagery here is...mouthwatering. i feel like i'm submerged in it in a good way

Lovely! The vocabulary is magnificent, and the description of the apple honestly makes me think a lot of Snow White or someone holding a bright Crimson Crisp apple (my orchard employee brain speaking).

• Busssy.Beee

im just going to echo everyone below. the word choice here is astonishing.

"i am the oceans’ feast tonight" damnnnn that has got to be one of the best things i've read all day. the imagery is so so tangible too, like just the apple imagery alone... delicious.

• doodleninja

this rich stunning vocabulary has pulled me under too XD beautiful similes and descriptions! Love that last line, it really ties the whole piece together :D

• Rachaelgrace

This is beautiful!

just soaking in this beautiful imagery