rwong

~average teen writer/poet~
lover of historical fiction books (especially WWII)
dog lover
pianist
musical lover

joined september 19, 2020

sorry i wrote about myself in 3rd person again. it's easier...is that weird? idk you tell me :)
have a lovely day!!

she's the sort of person

16
    she's the sort of person who laughs everything off but/ inside she's crying/    she'll tell herself she's too sensitive/ but it still hurts/   
    she's the type who knows the answer but/ she's too scared to raise her hand/    when she's called on she speaks quietly/ she hates it when the teacher asks her to "repeat that please"/ they act like she doesn't know it's code for/ "talk louder so the room can hear"/    but she's scared for the room to hear her/   
    she hates the sound of her voice/ and hums quietly along in the car when her favorite song plays/    when her sister looks over/ she immediately clams up/ fear of judgement, she blames it on/   
    she only ever lets herself cry when no one's looking/    in the shower where tears mingle with warm water rushing down/ she acts like that will wash all the pain away/    it doesn't/    or she'll break down when the lights are out/    darkness conceals her feelings/    but she knows the only way for hurt to leave/ is when it's in the light/   
    she's afraid of the mirror/ she's afraid of her own reflection/    because daddy taught her "stranger danger"/    the person she's looking at seems enough like a stranger to her
    she's the sort of person who calls herself shy/    she's not shy/    just quiet/    but get to know her and you'll find/    she knows how to talk/    if you give her a chance
happy (late?) thanksgiving to all my friends in america!! sorry i meant to post this earlier so the time difference etc etc
anyway and for those who don't have thanksgiving off, i hope y'all are doing amazing!!

1

oh this is heartbreaking and so beautiful and relatable and just amazing! i really want to hug uuuuuu!!!!! ahhhhhh i understand in my own way and i am sorry and i hope u feel a bit better. but like for me i can be happy but then i always revert back to being bummed..... no long term happiness for me really..... idk do u get that? well that's it....
    re: thankkkkk uuuu so much that made me happy and thank u again. <3<3<3

• lochnessie

so i don't know how to mention people (ikr) but you're featured! <3

• birthdaycandles

Re: Well I initially got into it because my parents thought I was the musician in the family xD I did a couple exams and got a few grades for my college application. So yeah I guess you could say I play some classical, but my guilty pleasure is going on echcords.com and just playing chords and singing along lol! I also play the organ at church sometimes. But I haven’t played in such a long time, I should really go tap a few keys and try to get back into it again, kind of neglected it since the pandemic came lol What about you? Are you a Mozart or an Alicia Keys? xD

• birthdaycandles

Also just noticed in your bio your username for #holidayvibes is peppermint hot chocolate! I think I’ll go make myself some rn! ;p oh and I also play piano!! don’t know if I’m good enough to call myself a pianist though lol

• birthdaycandles

Re: Aw thanks for your comment <3 Yeah miscarriage is a heartbreaking thing to talk about... but thanks for sharing that you have a close experience with it in your family. You’re right, sometimes silence seems best to suppress the pain when it’s just too much.. On a lighter note, it’s nice to meet someone with the same opinion as me on the importance of life, cool! :) have a nice day

replying: thank you so much! hey,nice to meet you!

• pyrrhic

re: i’ve tried medication but it gives me nightmares, so i tend to avoid it :(
    thank you, though!

• anemoia by a thread

re: mm, peppermint hot chocolate! i recently discovered the magic of real hot chocolate, like stovetop cooking it, and it's amazing. i love your username! i wrote you down on my list of participants so i won't forget.

• beth r.

ooooh this is so beautiful!
    re: lol it is hilarious. besides the triplets, i have a 11 year old sister :)

• Busssy.Beee

*jaw drop* this is straight off stunning. i wish to be there with you when you cry :( but i do hope to hear your voice :) anyway, gorgeous and lots of love!

Re: Lol I'm not even 100% sure he's even in the same state anymore but thank you.
    Correct they don't they're more nutty.

Re: Thank you!
    C is a guy I'm trying not to like since he's in college and probs still has a girlfriend, but I'm only half succeeding.
    Idk I dislike pretty much anything pumpkin except for the occasional pumpkin cheesecake as long as it's not too strong. Pumpkin seeds are delicious though.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: awww, thank you so much! Haha, yes I bet that was confusing at first!! XD

• lochnessie

re: merci pour les dog kisses :)
    yeah good plan. terrifying. honestly it can happen to anyone. stay alert, stay eggnog-free

• anemoia by a thread

wow. this is so poignant. i want to give you a hug now. writing in a different pov can be super fun and cathartic.
    re: also, tysm for the comment! i really do appreciate it. i know i say that to everyone, but i do. and your dreams of autumn username is simply gorgeous. how did i forget about the color saffron? btw, a new username challenge is in the works for the holiday season! (prob dec 1st-mid jan, then i'll go to winter.)

• lochnessie

re: my sister was tired and bought two litres of eggnog instead of milk by accident. the carton looks basically identical. help me.

• lochnessie

re: didn't say i LIKED eggnog blech

• lochnessie

re: ahhhh so i have many two cents to put in here imma try break this up
    1) yeah course we put up fairy lights and trees and stuff! decoration so fun XD we basically the same as you tbh we do the family dinner (turkey most common but ham too) but depends on the weather there's also a lot of beach and seafood and barbecue
    2) we do gingerbread and mince pies but mince pies are a bit ick, BREAD PUDDING HOWEVER SHELLLL it's the BEST and basically all the sweets are the same even eggnog
    3) just not pumpkin pie i've never had it lol, we have baked alaska here but ive never tried it
    4) other christmas traditions ... um we buy trees from scout groups mainly, my scout troop does a xmas tree fundraiser -- open one present on xmas eve but that might be just my fam lol -- beaches are packed but often it's a beach day or the zoo for christmas, outdoor barbecue or a garden party type thing

This is so so beautiful. Those words don't even begin to describe how alive and aching and breathing this is, and I can't tell you how much it means to me. I need to read it again.

• lochnessie

re: shell are you just writing a massive essay or are you afk

• lochnessie

re: ooo okayyy
    so is it in any way related to christmas? is this the thing where you eat pumpkin pie? it sounds revolting but no judge.. this is all i know from disney channel

• lochnessie

re: WOWWW
    soggy b r e a d
    okayyy
    so what do you usually do for christmas? is it cold at christmas time? because australia is famous for having really hot christmases on the beach or at a barbecue. seafood is the australian christmas dinner of choice lol

• Love, Rose

this is stunning

• lochnessie

hi shell! this is a re for all your comments that i keep forgetting to reply to XD
    thank you thank you and thank you
    i chose my username... it sounds like my name kind of? irl friends call me ness :)
    idk what else but this is a check in and hope you're doing well
    also wth is thanksgiving? ik it's like a thing in america and people have turkey placemats or something

• Abigail Faith

I LOVEEE this!!!!! I can totally relate to this. Great job!!