Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, a good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

dreamsong

20

fly me home on hummingbird wings / wrap me in teardrops from the sun / for all we are is forgotten fantasies
    i'm no fraulein maria / but i too wish to hold moonbeams / the night sky is the only thing we share / and it's the closest i could get to holding you
    but you are more than a character in my predawn dreams / you are flesh and blood on different soil / and it's foolish to await reality / when i hide your presence in mystery and verse
So I got an urge to write something ethereal but with no blueprint for the subject. I saw the hummingbird on the dashboard and this is what ended up happening. Yes, it's about C, but only because this felt like it should have romance.
Also, I'm so happy that I just wrote a piece with the title like ___song, because I have a bunch of poems with that format, but they're all super old.

This is so pretty. The line about the sun is especially gorgeous; it makes me think of Tangled for some reason.

• crystalline•galaxies

re: thank you for the kind comment. i was kind of worried that that piece would be scattered and hard to understand, but it sounds like that wasn’t really the case. which i’m so happy about.
    i’ve never considered entering into a competition, nor do i really want to at the moment. thanks for the information though!

re: oooh thats a good idea! Altho i dont think it will work for this vause the story is super (and i mean super) short. like i said in the message box...its mainly focused on developing the characters in flashbacks. you'll see why at the end of the story. but i might use that idea for a different story of mine

re: yes i def agree about "henchmen" that word is a bit of a filler cause i don't know what else to call them. I do mention them later as in "second in command, third...etc" but that gets too wordy. I tried to make tallis know them as "goons" but that still didnt even really work haha

• doodleninja

re: Strange Planet!!! Yesssss! My friends gave me the first comic book for my birthday and I've been hooked ever since XD he makes the most witty observations and gives the most perfect weird names to everyday objects and I adore it. So happy to find another fan! XD

• rwong

re: ahhh i see
    well i mean if he does happen to notice you, i'm just sayin your writing would blow him away cause it's so amazing
    lolll agreed pumpkin cheesecake is amazing. and pumpkins seeds don't taste like pumpkin...if i'm remembering right? i don't really remember haven't had them in a long time lol

• rwong

arghhh this is so gooddddd i'm kinda annoyed i didn't comment earlier
    also regarding ur footnotes, if you don't mind me asking, who's C?
    oh and also i saw you talking to your daughter lochnessie concerning thanksgiving and wHy dOnT yOu LiKe pUmPkIn pIe?? ok i agree that apple pie is better, but why not pumpkin? am curious :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: yeah, I understand. I’ve always felt different from other kids. In the past (especially when I was really little) I’ve felt overly emotional and sensitive. I used to cry a lot as a really young child. My parents asked me jokingly when I was like 3 or 4 who was my favorite between them, and I started crying because I didn’t want to pick. I’m much better now, I’ve gotten stronger with age, but I’m still very emotional. It’s hard, and I’m still learning how to cope with it. But talking about it and writing about it really helps me. And of course praying is always great too.
    I also used to have really extreme anxieties that others didn’t understand. I felt really weird and stupid sometimes, but now I understand that part of that was the HSP mindset. I went through a phase where I couldn’t throw away trash. It was bad. But I’ve worked through that (thank goodness) and I’m still learning every day.
    It’s also hard sometimes because you really care about others. I think that’s why we are more prone to *extreme* crushes and getting hurt by others. It’s good to know that’s the way we are, so we understand ourselves better.
    One thing I can say, is that sometimes it feels bad to be so sensitive. I’ve wished sometimes I could be really tough, and nothing would really bother me. But I’ve learned, being sensitive is NOT just a bad thing. It’s enabled me to look at things in a different way then others, and it’s helped me to understand others better. And, I even have extreme intuition (it’s like a sixth sense; I can go into a room and feel the mood. It’s helpful to sometimes know what you’re walking into).
    So, all that to say, I’m still figuring myself out. But basically, don’t consider it a label or a “condition”, because there are many good things about being sensitive. No matter what others say.
    I’m always here if you want to talk about it (or anything). Just let me know if you want to know anything else; I’ve had many experiences with being sensitive, I guess.

re: aww thank you that means a lot <33 yes i am continuing it!!! I already posted chapters 1 and 2. 3 is coming either later tonight or tomorrow ;) if you want i'll add you to the update list!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: I’ll keep praying for you. Coping strategies? Is is mostly bothering you because you didn’t know what it was, or just the HSP traits in general? Just so I can get a clear idea...

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aw, I’m so sorry that you didn’t know! Thank you for letting me know. Can I help in any way? I’ll be praying for you. <3333

• anemoia by a thread

Re: XD well i guess that's how it goes...

• lochnessie

re: BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

• lochnessie

re: and HI NOT-CARVER
    imma call him christopher or somethingg but it sounds like peter rabbit's younger brother

• lochnessie

re: we def have mince pies but they're a bit gross, too sweet for me!! i've literally never had pumpkin pie i think it's a very american thing, never even seen it here. apple pie though *bliss*

• anemoia by a thread

Re: ah... i'm sorry. sometimes feelings are just so annoying. fictional bf def sounds less complicated. well, i'm no expert, not even close, but whatever i can do to help, i will.

• lochnessie

WHICH COMMENT IM TIRED DON'T DIE

• lochnessie

HI NOT-CARVER

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: awwww!! I’m glad I can flatter you for once. :)
    Thank you again and you’re more than welcome! <333333

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

And thank you again!!! I’m so happy you liked it! <3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: ANNE, MY MOM, MY SISTER, MY FRIEND BLUE, YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! YOU ARE SUCH AN INCREDIBLE GIRL ALL THE WAY AROUND!!!!!! It’s so amazing that you have a YouTube channel! I’ll have to watch your videos!!!!! <33333

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: AWW, ANNE!! Thank you SO MUCH! Your comment made my night!!! You are so sweet!!! I have to go look you up on YouTube. I’m so glad you encouraged me to put it on there; i specifically had my sister and mom takes pictures so I could get a good one for WtW!!! Thank you again so much! <3333333

• anemoia by a thread

re: no, THIS is pretty! beautiful, actually. ahh i just love how ethereal it is. wait, who is C? did i miss something?

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: awww, thank you so much! Your comment was encouraging! Thank you! <3333

• Estera Ulrich-Oltean

Love this - so beautiful!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: <333333

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: wow, that’s so interesting that you’re just now figuring that out! But yeah, keep researching and lmk what you find out! And I’m always here if you want to talk.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: wow, that’s so interesting! Please, feel free to leave as many comments as you want! Wow. I’m not sure then. I know I’ve always been a HSP, but I know they’re rare. So you aren’t an introvert or an extrovert? I know usually a HSP is an introvert, but I think like 30% are extroverts (that’s me). I don’t know if you went to the website I told Connor about, Focus on the Family. It might help you self-access. Maybe you’re both? But that’s really interesting that you didn’t know that about yourself. I’d love for you to update me when you find out more!

• kai blue

So sweet

• pyrrhic

hfgchvjb i can TASTE the talent!!! this is so beautiful!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: :)

• mindfruit

awesome piece! lot of interesting lines, but I think my favorite is "but I too wish to hold moonbeams"
    Re: Ah, that's interesting! Good for you :) And thanks

Ahh the hummingbird on the dashboard inspired THIS?!?! SOO good "but i too wish to hold moonbeams / the night sky is the only thing we share"

• doodleninja

I love the ethereal vibes from this. also thoroughly enjoyed the choice of vocabulary. Very pretty piece! :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

LOVE THIS! The imagery is simply stunning and gorgeous! <333

re: awww thank you!! you're so sweet, i'm glad you liked my story! <33

woah... this is beautiful! if this is what you write when you don't know what to write, wow... i'm jealous!! :D really, though, this is stunning. "the night sky is the only thing we share / and it's the closest i could get to holding you" woah this took my breath away. When I was trying to pick a favorite line, I highlighted the majority of the piece before landing on this one. It's so dynamic and silky and heartache-y... i love it! and the ending, too... whew that was beautiful. ethereal indeed!
    nice job, dear, i absolutely love this <333 :)