sci-Fi

call me fi ;) she/they
CA alumni
POC and LGBTQ+ lives matter
feminist
cuz its too cOoOLLdd...
book recs plsss <3 goodreads: philoso_fi

Juliet - Cavetown
03:12 ●━━━━━━─────── 4:28
⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

"But wasn't that what every girl dreamed? That she'd wake up and find herself a princess? Or blessed with magical powers and a grand destiny? Maybe there were people who lived those lives...But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary. That was how you survived when you weren't chosen, when there was no royal blood in your veins. When the world owed you nothing, you demanded something of it anyway."
- Inej Ghafa, Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

Happy Thanksgiving! (to everyone in america)

7
Lets see... what do I have to be thankful for?

I'm thankful that no one in my family has gotten sick or died of the virus yet.

I'm thankful for the three hours I've spent with my friends in the last nine months.

I'm thankful for my aunt, who's risking everything to come and see us for the holiday.

I'm thankful for this amazing website, which gave me friends thousands of miles away.

I'm thankful that we're still doing financially well after the divorce.

I'm thankful for so many things this year, and I despise so many others, but it doesn't matter. Because I'm just going to spend the day laughing about how last year I was mildly thankful for the diamond necklace I got when I went to see my entire family.

Dam, I was just dumb last year. Like, we cant even afford to see our family anymore, much less a diamond necklace. 

Welp. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• ava09 (sorta back)

happy (late) thanksgivingggg!! it's been a rough year, but i'm glad you've got loads to be thankful for. and i wouldn't say you were dumb haha - i think everything that's happened this year so far has just put it all into perspective for us and we all see things a little differently. sending hugsss (and diamond necklaces XD). <3

• Starlitskies

Wow you've had a rough year. But I hope things are looking up for you! Thank you for being such a supportive writer in the wtw community. You make sure to help out everyone and that just shows what a beautiful person you are. Much love! <3
    Re: Thanks!

Re: Oh! Just found her! Thank you for letting me know!

Hey Fi! I was wondering, who are all the community ambassadors? I know you're one, then Tula S., Mindfruit, therisingwriter, and seaomlette. There's one more right? I was just reading your comment on one of Starlitskies' pieces, so I was curious....

• ~timestamp~

Re: I guess my work doesn’t fit some of the guidelines in some capacity ;-;
    I’m gonna have to be careful with this a+q remake to make sure the same thing doesn’t happen again.

• Shay

Re: ikr. Like live your life, I'll live mine

Happy thanksgiving! Like I said in my piece, I don't really celebrate it, but I make it a mission to thank everyone I know.

Re: You deserve the shoutout!

• ~timestamp~

:))))
    happy thanksgiving my guy
    my other acc. (everythingbagel) got
    banned/suspended soooooo
    yee.

Re: No, it's fine! People are just used to different things.

• Jasmin khawar

Re: aw thanks a lot <33

Happy Thanksgiving! I like that you sat down and made a list; it's super healthy.

Also... a diamond necklace?? Woah.

But sorry that had to go from that level of comfort to whatever you're at now. That's probably harder than just living it.

WHY does my entire comment sound sarcastic?! It's not I promise.

• rainydayz

i just wrote a piece about my thanksgiving this year and how it is so different and how ignorant and innocent i was in sense compared to now. so i totally get what you mean in this piece. don’t beat yourself up over last year. it’s more important that you’ve grown and recognized so many more things to be grateful for. :) happy thanksgiving

• books4life

i know this year has been crazy! but i love your piece. happy thanksgiving!