mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

existing is all i know how to do

hey wait this is my 50th piece! i can't believe it... well just want to thank everyone for kind words and comments and just lovely conversations i've had with you guys. you are all so kind and amazing and inspirational human beings and i love being part of this community! so here's to 50 more pieces of writing from me, and i can't wait to see how I'll grow as a writer and a person. <3<3<3

and happy thanksgiving for ppl in the us!

nightshade

15

but somehow i keep crawling back, 
over and over and over.
i tell myself i don’t need you,
that i never did.

and we both know it’s a lie.
and we both know i can’t help it.

don’t wait up for me or try to lure me back.
it will only make it harder to resist and resist and resist.

the line blurs, and now i don’t know if it’s 
you i need to avoid or 
myself.

indigo bursts from the poisonous berries,
staining my lips.

you are deadly, but oh so beautiful.

i fall.

this can be about so many things...

for me it's about my addiction to screens. it's not good, my friends. and also like things i do that i know will hurt but do anyways. and anxiety. and other things. humans are literally so stupid sometimes... 

re: awwww tysm!! <3 <4

• doodleninja

wow! I am blown away right now by how you managed to convey addiction/temptation in such a compact, poetic way. Love the imagery of nightshade. Amazing 50th piece!! :D

• anemoia by a thread

wow you seriously have a way with words. just glancing at your other recent pieces, and i'm blown away. it feels mystical and gorgeous, but not incomprehensible. (also, i've been listening to sleeping at last. the music is pure magic. it's like poetry.) speaking of poetry and music, the beginning of this totally sounds like a song.
    anyway, i just fall in love with your writing again and again. every time i read it.

wow major chills happening right now... the last three lines are by far my favorite. so, so good. i definitely feel you about the screens thing. even during thanksgiving break, i spend most of my day on screens (you can thank 4-hour zoom theater rehearsals for that, tho). humans are weird creatures, man...
    anyways, hope you're doing well!
    oh, also, re: thank you for the ideas for my story!!! I'll definitely take that into consideration, thanks!!! :D I'm so so so glad you liked it, I'm kinda proud of it!! :)) <3

• AbellePuppy34

True, true, true.

• rwong

woahhhh this is so good its like chilling and haunting—sent a shiver down my spine and agreeddd humans can be so stupid. i'm like wha- how in the world?!!
    congrats on 50 pieces!!! <3 <3 i love reading your writing and i'm sooo mad when i miss it, especially if i'm at school and can't check wtw :(