Anne Blackwood

17
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, (unofficially) rat in a hat, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters
(Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy)

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"you can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy"
~ Nightbirde

"my thoughts cry in verse"
~ traitor.o.us (poem) by Anne Blackwood

"i streak the atmosphere with ink."
~ graffiti-streaked poetry (poem) by Paisley Blue

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

breathe, love

25

it's hard for your hands to stay steady through the little things,
so place them in mine, and i will show them how to hold a cereal spoon.

your smile has been pinned down by lies and fear,
so bring it to me, and i will remove each distortion that hides your joy.

guilt and bondage have been tattooed onto your shoulders,
so allow yourself to kneel, and i will paint over them with messages of your worth.

it can be hard to listen to another shouting voice,
so lend me your ears, and i will promise to whisper.

you have a chest full of arrows and bullets too,
so give me your heart, and i will remind it how to beat once more.
I started writing this without thinking at all or having any idea what it meant. Somewhere along the way, I realized that it's written to be a message from God.
Also I wrote the part about the whisper before even having the above realization, but in 1 Kings 19, God speaks to Elijah in a gentle whisper.

Oooh, I love the Biblical reference! I love how calming and reassuring this piece is, especially at the end.

oh this is beautiful <333
    re: i thought about using italics but the only problem with that is later on there are really long flashbacks and italics, for me at least, are hard to read for long segments of writing.

• lochnessie

this is lovely :)

• Starlitskies

Re: Thank you for you comment! :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aww, I’m glad I can make you happy! :) And Yes, you certainly did! Merry Thanksgiving! :)

• chasing sunsets

I love this!!! That last sentence was so beautiful, I don't think I could breath for a second. Stunning!

• sci-Fi

Re: Yeah. Honestly not much has changed (aside from one parent global pandemic and never seeing my friends) but it's different in little ways.
    btw, my aunt bought me the necklace. The thing is last year our family could have bought it ourselves and this year we can't.
    wow I sound SO stuck up rn XD

• Abigail Faith

This is gorgeous!!! :) The last sentence is the best! So powerful!!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: hey, Blue! Happy Thanksgiving! I actually came to tell you tho CONGRATS on your son winning Wednesday words!!! XD I saw your comment on his page, and I figured probably no one told you congrats! You raised him so well!

• Starlitskies

Woah! Just woah! All I can think is beautiful, beautiful and beautiful. <3

this is probably the most beautiful thing i've read all today. the first stanza is just... so tender. if it doesn't get lost in my mind or the dash, i might have to come back to this. it's so comforting to read, just so so soft. i don't think i have enough words to describe it. the footnotes too... i can tell it holds extra significance because of that. if you're comfortable, i'd highly suggest submitting this somewhere. if not, i'll keep this for me to enjoy ;).

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

re: aww thanq ur actually the sweetest :) always making my day

• wil

Re: Nonsense, we wouldn't destroy you. Two against one really wouldn't be fair (unless it's two against Emi cause she for some strange reason does best when her teammates are all dead). I bet you'd do great.

• wil

this is really pretty. I think it's cool that you have unintentional biblical allusions.
    Re: Yeah, it's pretty unlikely a spark could bounce up under a welding helmet and hit my paper mask underneath but its still something I occasionally wonder about. Specially cause I get really hot wearing two masks basically, the helmet and the paper mask i have to wear. Thanks for your concern though

• ~madeline~

Re: hehe :)

• ~madeline~

Re: mmmmmmmm... I guess that's only fair. After all, Sven does need his voice sometimes...

• ~madeline~

Re: lollll... I'm dying. But in all seriousness. You take Kristoff, I take Sven hehe XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: ha, that’s awesome tho! So cool!!! It’s an amazing piece!

• ~madeline~

Ummmm wow. This is so beautiful i literally can't coherent comment. Fjajjkdhsajkak. I love it so much!!!

Also, dating Kristoff? Ilolllol I'm dying... Me too tho. We love Kristoff XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Woooowwww, this is pure gold. Thank you for writing this.