lochnessie

14
proud big sister <3

fireful.

terminal 8

10
today was like / waking up sweating, crying / again. / 
i was at the airport./ i knew why. / and i saw the plane come and i rushed to the gate / and he wasn't there / he never was. / and i screamed into the terminal / dad, dad, where's my dad / and the attendant grabbed my arm / and i woke silently. / tears wrecking the mascara i forgot to take off. /

• Starlitskies

Aaaah this piece is stunning! The emotion is raw and it breaks my heart. Oooh it's 98 now! Shall I take it to the verge? Make it 99?
    P.S. - I read your winning review and I must say that you have great editing skills! I love how you maintained perfect balance between criticism and praise. Hoping to become a better reviewer like you! Congratulations! :)

• crystalline•galaxies

this piece is very raw. i love it so much. congratulations on 90, by the way (now 98??). you deserve each and every one of them!

Chapter 3 for On the High Seas!!

• rwong

re: de nada! it’s kinda funny cause I know the bare basics of French cause my sisters taking it for school
    I take Spanish lol but let’s not converse in that XD
    also LOLLLLLLLLLL I think the stores are still selling left over thanksgiving stuffs so like I don’t think eggnog has surfaced yet. But I’m pretty sure it will soon

• rwong

re: oh oh dearie I am so sorry that really sucks
    *sends halp in form of doggo kisses* cause why not lol but seriously that really really sucks I would like ban drinking anything but water until those cartons were out of my house XD

• rwong

Re: oh lol guess who can’t read properly XDD
    but eggnog I can’t stomach that it’s like wHy wOuLd yOu dRiNk eGg

• rwong

re: ok wait bread pudding I can live with but NOT EGGNOG EWWWWWW sorry I am *politely* disagreeing XD
    also EXCUSE YOUR MOTHER RIGHT THERE PUMPKIN PIE IS GREAT but agreed apple pie is better
    Ahahah so it’s just thanksgiving that’s weird for y’all I can’t imagine not having thanksgiving tho it’s great lol

So I saw you talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas and wanted to give my two cents but rwong did such a good job dang. Um mince pie sounds horrible what in the heck who does that... And pumpkin pie is gross don't listen to her. But apple pie definitely slaps.

• rwong

re: OHHHh and i forgot to mention...uh ppl eat mince pie for christmas (originally a meat pie with uh dried fruit??) idk we don't eat that it sounds really gross
    pumpkin pie is surprisingly good lol it tastes like...UGH IDK HOW TO DESCRIBE IT just come over the america and i'll feed you some ;D but nope during christmas desserts are like...pepperminty things lolll or like bread pudding (which imo is also nasty lol its like extra soggy pudding textured bread thats just sweet idk lolll honestly though you just should try it and form your own opinion ahahaha my descriptions might not be super accurate) and baked alaska which is SO GOOD its like ice cream with toasted meringue but the ice cream doesnt melt lol anyway any other christmas traditions for y'all?

Re: Haha it was the "HI NOT-CARVER" for me

And this is so good but so sad!

Ahhhhhh congrats on getting best peer review!

• rwong

re: ahahaha doing hw but lets be honest here we're not doing hw we're watching youtube
    no one needs to know
    ANYWAY SO CHRISTMAS!! i love how y'all get christmas in the summer it amuses me so much. we like uh white christmases but where i live we don't get snow, so it's like rainy christmas? idk not v ideal LOL but thassok. we also get to have a glorious 2 week break off school, do the presents under the tree thing & putting up lights so the neighborhood looks super cool lol i really need to send u a pic one day XD (do y'all do that??) and then uh food wise we do gingerbread decorating which is super fun and like mainly dinner with family, chicken/ham (although people eat turkey too? idk we like to think that's thanksgiving only ahaha), drink eggnog (try it if you're so inclined but lemme just warn you its like liquified sweet egg which is blehhh) and hot chocolate! oh and a lot of peppermint (candy canes mainly, but like random peppermint flavored things) and a lot of baking sweets okay lol have fun reading that, i hope it's still comprehendable

• doodleninja

(oh also congrats on getting best peer review for the comp!!! :D)

• doodleninja

gosh this piece really just smacked me in the face XD aaahhh I just love how you tell a heartbreaking story with just a few hints, one emotion, and the reader can infer the rest. I love this!

• rwong

re: OH and i forgot it mention it falls on the 4th thursday of november so the date changes. Oh and we're supposed to be extra-thankful that week XD yeaaa that's my run down okay i think i covered everything. i think.

• rwong

re: ah yes lemme explain what thanksgiving is XD i love your description btw
    basically, we have a glorious week off of school. ok lol that's not sufficient BASICALLY the europeans came over in the fall in like the 1700's i think and didn't know how to plant food so the natives taught them and they had a feast. that's my rash explanation lol if you want the flowery one check google XD so people here nowadays need to eat turkey and mashed potatoes and stuffing (ewww imo stuffing is like...soggy bread shoved into the turkey a lot of my friends love it but personally i hate it) and cranberry sauce and apple/pumpkin pie. essentially it's an excuse to eat a whole bunch of carbs and meat, and get fat!! yayyyy that's thanksgiving for you

Re: NESS I am dying laughing that's not an exaggeration I'm actually decea--

• rwong

hey CONGRATS ON BEST PEER REVIEW!!!! you definitely deserved it <3 <3 teach me your ways, master ;D jk lol but actually i aspire to give feedback like that <3 hope you're doing well!!

OH MY GOSH NESS!!!! Best peer review that's AMAZING!! I'm so freaking proud of you. MY DAUGHTER DID THIS>

• sci-Fi

NESSIE!!!! Congrats on winning best peer review!!! U 40000% deserve it <3

Congrats on best peer review aahhhh :D

ahhhhhhh amazing and sad and beautiful and heartwrenching and NESSSSSS CONGRATS OF U LATONS ON THE PEER REVIEW!!! i am so proud of u, my friend! hope u r doing well! <3<3<3

OH MY WORD!!! CONGRATS ON BEST PEER REVIEW!!! Ur review on my piece was one of the best I’ve ever gotten! It def deserves best peer review for this months contest!!!! <3333

Aw oh gosh you wrote these emotions so well.

Ohh this is so effectively put... Many many hugs being sent your way.

• rwong

awwww this is so heartbreaking and emotional <3 sending hugs