rainydayz

16
sagittarius
i just like writing :0
joined: 5/15/20

i was having trouble finding a title. but i picked this because i feel like it is a metaphor encapsulating the piece itself. did it succeed as a title or should i look for other ideas?

a losers guide to winning

8
imagine being lost.
no idea which ways up or down.
you reach for heaven 
but
instead grasp hell.
no perception of direction.
that's left 
and 
that's right
wait,
no 
that's right 
and
that's left.

imagine the world as a blurred microscope.
no detail 
but 
no bigger picture

imagine running
but 
the second you see the finish line 
the end vanishes,
disappears.
then time speeds up
but 
you're moving at the same pace.
collapsing into a moment in time.
i have been feeling kind of weird lately. ive kind of lost motivation in things i used to like. and my whole idea of who i am has completely shifted. i wish i could slow down time to figure it all out. 

• acrosstheuniverse28

This is such an incredible piece, and I have definitely felt the same way before! We all go through that weird phase of trying to figure ourselves out at some point in our life, but trust me; you've got the power to find your way again and re-learn who you are (hope that makes sense xD) <3

• Busssy.Beee

re: oh my, i am so so so so incredbily sorry for the late reply. i just read your comment, and i just want to say thank you too. and though it might not mean much, you'll always have my support and love <33

• Starlitskies

Omg I love this! The metaphors you use are just captivating. I love the second stanza that's a beautiful and interesting idea. <3
    I hope you get through this.

• Abigail Faith

Re: Awww!!! That means a lot to me!! Thank you so much!! :) :) :)

• AJ - Izzy

This is beautifully written, and I understand that feeling very much. The title is perfect in my opinion <3

• Busssy.Beee

Oh noooo! I'm no psychologist or therapist, but I do wish you the best of luck trying to find yourself again. :) I read your other piece and all your pieces just feel so heartfelt. Anyway, once again, beautiful piece!