Wisp

i still dream of you

est. 26.9.19

there were constellations in your eyes;
those downtrodden lifeless eyes held shooting stars
and i watched them fly across gray irises
bursting into light never before seen
and how could i not be enchanted?

1. 16. 21

Cloud Watching

PROMPT: Dust Jacket

11

i. cirrus
  • Latest good read/favorite book? :)
Ooh, my most recent good read is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. 
  • If you had the choice to read one, and only one book for the rest of your life, which book would it be?
Such a hard question honestly. But I'd have to say The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. There's so much to it that it makes me astonished. 
  • Any YA novels worth shouting out?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green all the way (love that book so much), The Giver quartet by Lois Lowry, and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. There's more, but those are some of my top picks. 
  • Would you rather be the moon or the sun? sky or earth?
I use a lot of symbolism with the moon and sky (heck, this dust jacket revolves around that idea) so I would have to say I'd rather be the moon and the sky. There's something sweet with staring at moons in night skies and wishing upon stars and watching clouds past by. It's all nostalgic and reminds me very much of my youth, which wasn't that long ago since I am still pretty young. 
  • Describe the sky where you're at right now.
It's actually sunny right now, which is nice since it's been raining all week/morning. There are some gray clouds but the sun is peeking through them. Honestly, it looks quite serene in a way. 
  • Do you daydream often? when does inspiration come to you?
Oh how I love this question. I daydream pretty often, like 1/2 to 3/4 of my day is just me daydreaming in the background. As for when inspiration comes to me, I'd have to say it just depends on my mood or experiences. Though, I usually find myself wide-eyed at night staring at peeling glow-in-the-dark stars I stuck onto my ceiling a lot of the times because I just had this great writing idea. 
  • What's the oddest dream you've had?
When I was younger, I had this dream/nightmare thing where I was going into an elevator at Macy's and had spotted a Barbie doll (the one meant for that year) and then the next thing I knew I was at the park with my family fighting skeleton pirates. Don't even ask. 
  • Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
You know, it's funny you mention this. When I was younger I had this thought that everything did happen for a reason, like our lives were predetermined and everything we faced was already foretold. However, as I grew older, I found myself wondering if perhaps our lives aren't actually predetermined, but rather we're capable of creating our own destinies. So long story short, no I don't believe everything happens for a reason. 
  • If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Honestly, I'd like to go to somewhere in Asia. I can't really pinpoint where though, because there's so much in Asian culture and I love the richness and depth each culture has. 
  • What does “home” mean for you?
Home to me means teasing family on the drives to grandpa's house. Home to me is crying children and toys littering the floor. Home to me is the sound of grandpa's oxygen tank. Home to me is wherever my family is. 
  • What never fails to make you smile?
The way I laugh at other peoples' lame jokes and they end up laughing with me. The fact that my friends send me the weirdest messages. And of course, opening this site and reading all of your guys' kind comments. 
  • What is one thing you would change in the world if you could?
Just one thing? That's so difficult to decide, since there's so many problems with our world today. Climate change for sure though, because we've got what? 9-10 more years left until the effects of climate change are irreversible? So definitely want to start cleaning that up as soon as possible. 
  • Do you have any mantras you live by?
Not really, and okay I know this is the opposite of a mantra, but I usually tell myself negative comments to encourage myself. I'm quite a spiteful person and I thrive on negativity (that's a big lie and I know it), so when I hear stuff like that, I work twice as hard. Positive negativity perhaps? 
  • Do you prefer books or movie adaptations?
Books all the way. There's just more of a story to tell. 
  • Biggest wtw pet peeve?
I don't really have a WtW pet peeve honestly. The only thing that infuriates me more than anything on here is when people disrespect/look down upon others' writing/culture/beliefs/etc. At the end of the day we're all just writers finding refuge here, so don't take away someone else's refuge when they're just doing the same as you are--it doesn't matter what they believe in, because honestly, we're all here for the same reason--to write. 
  • What are 3 people in history you'd want to join you for dinner on a Friday night at a restaurant of your choosing? ofc this will happen when quarantine is over and we've defeated COVID? 
Elizabeth Schuyler, Harriet Tubman, Abigail Adams (Contender: Joan of Arc)
  • Classics you cherish vs classics you'll never understand
Cherished Classics: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery, The Color Purple by Alice Walker, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald 
Classics I'll Never Understand: The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, Lord of the Flies by William Golding, The Call of the Wild by Jack London
  • 1 thing you love about distance learning, 1 thing you hate
1 thing I love: I get to sleep in for an extra hour! I used to wake up at 6, but now I get to wake up at 7:30!
1 thing I hate: Amount of screen time, school on top of personal interests on a screen tires me to no end and I find myself more and more exhausted these days.
  • While studying, writing, or relaxing, what are some songs that you recommend listening to?
When I study I don't listen to music since it helps me process my thoughts more, but occasionally I'll play some instrumental music in the background, generally just anything soft and mellow that doesn't have any words. For writing or relaxing, I usually just listen to pop/mellow music. I'm not sure how to describe it actually. Just anything that makes me stop and think or smile.
  • Do you think plants have thoughts?
Yes! I actually wrote a short story as a child about a plant's thoughts. 
  • How do you "recharge" ?
Mindlessly browse the internet, write and scrap drafts as soon as a new idea comes along, arts and crafts.
  • How are you so wonderful?
Aww, you guys are just too sweet. 

ii. cumulus
  • Favorite:
  • ​Song? (if you can pin down just one :))
Currently: The Night We Met by Lord Huron 
Contendor: Achilles, Come Down by Gang of Youth
Disclaimer: Probably will change in the next week or so. 
  • Favorite band/artist?
OneRepublic, Hey Violet, Lauv, MAX, Julia Michaels, John K
  • Music genre?
Pop. Classical. 
Depends on the mood. 
  • Movie/tv series?
The Amazing World of Gumball (Yes, I'm a cartoon freak), FriendsThe Greatest Showman, Clash of Titans (1981)
  • Film genre?
Adventure/Drama
  • Quote, or life motto?
"You suck" "Get over yourself" What can I say? I thrive on negativity since I'm such a spiteful person. Irony is that I can't stay mad at people for long. 
  • What's your favorite cheesy pick-up line?
    • ​​Have you ever used it in real life?
"Hey girl, feel my shirt, you know what it's made of? Boyfriend material."
That makes me laugh. No, I have never used it, heck, I haven't even dated.  
  • Franchise or fandom(if any)?
I don't really have any. I try not to get attached to some things since I'm a tad overobsessive and I hate that feeling of anxiety when you're rooting for someone/something. I do tend to change my interests every now and then since I get so bored easily, but I've never stuck with something for longer than a couple months. 
  • Library and why?
I adore all libraries, there's just this reminiscence embedded in the fibers of the books they store. Also, I tend to get lost in libraries/bookstores for many hours.
  • Style of art?
I personally don't have a preference, just something that expresses the artist in a way that I know they are truly feeling what they are doing. 
  • Book cover?
Contrary to my thoughts on the book, The Catcher in the Rye has one of my favorite book covers. 
  • Romance cliche?
Enemies to lovers. 
  • Book?
This question should be illegal because gosh do I have so many. 
-To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before Trilogy by Jenny Han
-Love Her Wild, The Dark Between the Stars, The Truth About Magic by Atticus
-The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak 
-The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
-Every Day (Trilogy) by David Levithan 
There are loads more, but I'll leave it at that. 
  • Book character OF ALL TIME?
Rudy Steiner from The Book Thief and/or Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars
  • Kind of shoe?
Sneakers. 
  • Animal? (i'm a sucker for cheesy questions, sorry !)
Lilac-breasted Roller.
  • Sport (also includes fictional [chokes in exy])?
I did Track and Field and sucked at it, so that and badminton. 
  • Place to visit?
Grandpa's house. 
  • Country (this can be fictional as well ;)?
Never been out of the country, but I like to dream that one day I'll visit Japan. 
  • Greek mythology character?
Persephone and Hades 
  • Weird food combination?
I'm an extremely picky eater, but milkshakes and fries? A classic. 
  • Season?
Spring, though I physically die every time it comes around because of allergies. 
  • Weather?
Cloudy days with a light sprinkle. 
  • Color?
    • Why and what things are that color that you love?
Purple. ​I've loved that color since I was a child (My room is actually a shade of purple) and I never stopped, so perhaps it's just that childhood adoration that stuck? The first notebook I ever began filling my thoughts with when I was younger was purple (there's a bunch of cringey stories in there that I enjoy reading), lavender, and The Color Purple.
  • Number?
9
  • Cartoon as a small child?
Bubble Guppies, Team Umizoomi, The Backyardigans, Max & Ruby, Wonder Pets!, basically all Nickelodeon Jr. shows. 
  • Favorite piece in your portfolio?
Honestly? None really. I'm that type of writer that writes and feels in the moment and then I reread it and it's just so unappealing to me after. Pretty much why I have all these unfinished drafts and stuff that hopefully I'll actually finish one day. But if I had to say one, it'd be The Story of Us | Blade. I don't know, I don't write prose a lot on this site, but this piece just resonated with me a bit. 
  • Thing about yourself?
Ah, asking the difficult questions now. Haha, but anyways um, my self-determination (?). I'm extremely stubborn and hard-headed, but you know, I like that part of myself even if it gets annoying for others.
  • WtWer/WtW pieces?
Ahhh, there's so many amazing WtWers here that it's so hard to choose. I adore every single one of you, so I can't particularly say a specific person. 
And for pieces?
Aria Mallare's Don't You Swat at a Fly
Yc Li's A Bite to Eat
Je Ne Sais Quoi's This is How to Be a Black Girl
PouringOutTheSun's She Came Blustering Up to You in a Car Park Three Months Ago and Now You Can’t Get These Thoughts of Dying Out of Your Head
hi i'm jackson ;)'s blue is my favorite color and I'm in love with green
  • 2 pieces of yours you're super proud of? (feel free to link ofc)
Funny that this is a question. Because honestly I look at my writing and I'm just like what the heck this is garbage. That's probably why I end up writing new stuff for lit mags and competitions. But let's see, perhaps: 
Fifteen Fairy Tales (One for every year of my not-so-fairy-tale life)​
Promise Me 
Okay, so I actually forgot I turned this into a series when I first joined. It's not as refined as some of my other stuff, but I don't know, I think that roughness and experimentation adds a certain flair that gets lost in some of my newer pieces. This was actually one of the first pieces I published here that I was immensely proud of, so it's rough around the edges but it takes me down memory lane. 
  • What is your least favorite book?
The Call of the Wild by Jack London
  • What is your least favorite food?
Brussel sprouts. 
  • Any food combos that you love or hate?
Love: Ice cream and fries, instant ramen and egg, cereal and banana
Hate: Apple pie and cheddar cheese, cheetos and milk
  • Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
Lara Jean Covey from To All the Boys I've Loved Before. She's a little ditzy, a little nervous, an overachiever, and a little irrational, and she reminds me a little bit of myself. 
  • How many blankets is ideal?
1-2 in Spring/Summer. 2-3 in Autumn/Winter.
  • Cold pillow or hot pillow?
Cold pillow. 
  • Cereal or milk in the bowl first?
Cereal first of course. 
  • What would your ideal superpower be?
Rewinding time/never having to sleep. 
  • Ideal room layout?
Bed in the middle, desk to the left, drawers to the right, bookshelf in the back, miscellaneous stuff in the front. (I read in a book about a bed in the middle of the room once and I was extremely intrigued. Sadly my room isn't big enough for that.)

iii. wisp 
  • What's your nationality and/or ethnicity?
I'm half Hmong and Vietnamese. 
  • Something from your heritage that you take pride in? (can be traditions, beliefs, anything really)
From my Vietnamese culture, I really love Lunar New Year, the food, the festivals, the red envelopes, the dancing dragons, just all of it really. From my Hmong culture, I'd have to say their outfits and embroidery. They have very intricate designs, and it's insane to think that some of the older generations made them a couple decades ago. 
  • If you've taken any psychology personality assessments, what were your results? Examples are Meyers-Briggs (INTJ, EXTP, etc), Holland code (RIASEC), temperament type (melancholic, choleric, etc), Enneagram, and love language (physical touch, quality time, etc).
[Yes, I did take the quizzes specifically for this question]
-Myers-Briggs: INFJ-T
-Holland Code: ASE (I'm not sure with this result, so here's the actual thing it showed me: Realistic 4 (I find this ironic), Investigative 11, Artistic 23, Social 22, Enterprising 21, Conventional 11)
-Temperament Type: Choleric
-Enneagram: 8
-Love Language: Words of Affirmation 
  •  What's a funny/embarrassing story about you?
So I'm a bit of a klutz, like a really big one so I get easily hurt a lot. Anyways, it was my first day of high school and I forgot my phone in my first period class, so I went running back up the stairs, but in the process I managed to trip and fall up the stairs. A teacher nearby saw me and she looked appalled to say the least. I'm glad no students were nearby, but it was still embarrassing to do that on the first day of school. 
  • What made you chose your username/pfp/bio?
For my username, I just really liked the word wisp. Also keep in mind I was this little fourteen year old who didn't really put much thought into it at the time. I was actually thinking of changing it awhile back, but I never actually did. For my profile picture, I usually change it for the vibes or my mood at the time. I wanted to match it to my name when I first joined, so I just chose this wisp cloud thing. Right now though, I wish I had a better reason, but the image was just aesthetically pleasing as well as a connection to my Asian roots, so I was just like why not? (Also, if you see darker/angsty profile pictures it's probably because I'm not in a good head space) And my bio, the same thought applies. So if you see some darker stuff on my profile, heh, well I don't know what to tell you. 
  • Your PFP is tattoo art, correct? Do you simply like the image or is that your dream tattoo?
You are indeed correct. If I were to get a tattoo, it'd be some koi fish or something like that. I simply just liked the image for its aestheticism.  
  • Why is your favorite teacher your favorite?
My favorite teacher was my English teacher in seventh grade. She's actually the one who encouraged me to pursue poetry and writing in general. She's one of my favorites because with her it feels natural. Talking to her feels like talking to a friend instead of an adult and everything is simply natural. She's also one of those open-minded/easygoing teachers who lets students learn themselves without forcing her own judgements on them. Honestly, it's thanks to her that I even started getting into poetry and why I began to fall in love with writing. I owe a lot to her.  
  • What was the moment where you knew that you were a writer?
The moment I read my first book. I've been reading since before kindergarten and I've been in love with words since then too. I've known I wanted to be a writer when I found out that it was a job. 
  • Who is your role model?
I've never had a role model, like I just sorta did my own thing and I never truly aspired to be like anyone. But I guess you could say my parents and perhaps even S.E. Hinton. 
  • ​Biggest writing inspiration?
Ocean Vuong. His writing is just so powerful and raw and one day I hope I'll get to that level of writing. 
  • How do you find inspiration for your writing?
I'm not really sure. Usually I just sit in front of a computer and try to figure out what I want to say or feel or evoke. I don't really have a good writing process, mostly I just try to capture what I'm feeling in the moment into words. 
  • What is your reason for writing?
I don't know really, all I know is that when I write it's like spilling something inside of me, or unlocking something I didn't even know existed. Writing is like everything all at once to me--it's tears and dandelion fields and allergies and cheesy pick-up lines and breaking down and feeling yourself fall apart and loving and healing and breathing--it's my everything. 
Also we don't do drugs in this household, so gotta feel that burst of dopamine some way right?
  • Do you have any flaws or insecurities?
Everyone has their flaws and if someone says they don't, they'e lying. My biggest insecurities though are about my appearance, it's not like I'm ugly, but the societal pressures we face have convinced me otherwise. And it's not as bad as it once had been, but sometimes I catch a glance at myself in a mirror and flinch away.
  • What do you find yourself thinking about often?
I think about goodbyes a lot. I try not to, but sometimes it creeps in and I find myself wondering about where I'm going and how I'm going to get there and all the people I'll be leaving behind. Most of my thoughts are a tad melancholic. 
  • What's your favorite form of writing (poetry, fiction, genre, etc)? 
I adore all forms of writing. I started off writing more prose than poetry when I actually began writing. There's journals, notes, abandoned docs with stories in them, but it was only recently that I began writing poetry (though I have one notebook full of some trash poetry from 7th-8th grade). I actually love writing prose more than poetry, but the thing with prose is that it takes me longer to get my thoughts out. And I'm a pretty impatient person who likes to spit out work in one sitting than repeatedly over time. So I usually opt for poetry because it doesn't take me as long and it's that comfortable style to me.
  • When you first came to WtW, which authors inspired you?
Anha, jun lei, agustdv, Dmoral
  • When you have to leave WTW, what will you miss most?
The community. Call me cheesy, but you've all helped me grow as a writer in so many ways, even if they seemed little to you. I'll miss having a place where I can post my work and receive such support and encouragement. 
  • What is something you want to be remembered for?
I've always wanted to be remembered for my writing. But now that I think about it, I'd like to be remembered as a kind person. 
  • What is one song, quote, or book that you think has influenced you as both a writer and a person (changing how you think, changing your writing style, etc.)?
Song: May I Have this Dance feat. Chance the Reaper by Francis and the Lights
Quote: "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched--they must be felt with the heart." -Helen Keller
Book: The Dark Between Stars by Atticus 
  • What's your advice to people who also want to pursue writing?
You really had me thinking with this question. And I probably shouldn't be the one answering this since so many people have discouraged me from pursuing it as a career, but I'll tell you the things I wished someone had told me when I started writing.
i. If you love it, then do it. I know it's difficult to do something when all odds are against you, but you can't just give up on it. If there's something you've found in your life that you love with every part of your being, something that makes you smile and laugh and just be you, then hold onto it. Hold onto it with every fiber of your being, because you have found something that few dare to dream about. 
ii. You don't have to start your writing career after college, you can start it now. When I was in the eighth grade, I read The Outsiders and something clicked inside of me. If someone like S.E. Hinton could write a book at the age of 16 and have it published, then why can't I? And that was when I realized that I don't have to wait, that this dream of mine can be a reality right at this moment. 
iii. If you're nervous and scared, just take a deep breath and take a moment to just stop your world. I can't tell you how many times the thought of being a writer has scared me awake deep in the night and kept playing all possibilities--the good and bad--inside of my head. I can't make that fear go away, no matter what I have to say, but simply just breathe. Just admire how far you've come and take a moment to stop your world from spinning too fast. 
iv. Get out there and send your work to some literary magazines. Whether or not you plan on making a career out of writing or not, I think it's great experience to send your work to literary magazines and get published. It's nice to put yourself out there and whether you get accepted or not doesn't matter. Of course everyone would like to get accepted, but even if you don't you should be proud of yourself. You put your heart and soul of your writing out there and if you loved what you wrote then it doesn't matter what others think. Because you took a chance and that's a chance more than others have even taken. You should be proud of yourself. 
    I hoped that helped you sort things out a little!

Guide: 
i. cirrus - Questions that make me smile
ii. cumulus - General questions, specifically questions about my favorite things
iii. wisp - Personal questions

Thanks to everyone who sent questions (I know this is long overdue but you know)! And if you read this whole thing, I applaud you, because I do not have the patience to read it all. 
Also, hello hello! I'm back! It was a tad rough for me this last month but I've been doing better so yeah! And thank you for all of your guys' support, you're all so sweet and made me smile so much. I have some (long overdue) #januarygifting's I wasn't able to give since my break and everything, so I'll probably post those sometime soon. 
I probably won't respond to all your comments right now, but do know I plan on replying soon! Lots of love to you all!

• hi i'm jackson ;)

well, we've gotta be making some progress if we can recognize that people like Shakespeare and Christopher Columbus weren't perfect people. but lots of it is still relevant.
    ooh that's smart, I'll try it
    thank you!!!
    yeah its hard to stick with stuff, I don't think I've completed a thing in my whole life haha
    yeah, school blues suck. im glad you're sleeping better though! and remember: it could be worse, but that don't mean you don't need to take care of yourself!
    I have been alright, im falling behind a little on my big school project and on Sunday I cried off and on for two hours because I despise math. I did end up getting it done, though. then after all that I got four hours of sleep. im thinking about things I want to do these days, like the mythology thing and making music. (true to my obsession, if I made music I would call myself the tenth muse), but my depression has been creeping back in the cracks. thank you for asking! :)
    and if you could do one thing as a career, what would you do?

• hi i'm jackson ;)

!!! Thats exactly what i was going for with it!! Thank you so much! and yeah it pretty much did come from a forbidden love story lol, its such a good book you should read it, it deals with a lot of issues that are still prominent today.
    ive wanted to read that too!! except my parents will probably look at all the books i get from the library, so...not sure if its worth the risk lol. I know im reccomending lots of things rn but theres another really good trilogy (the third comes out this year) by Rainbow Rowell, the fist one is called Carry On. its enemies to lovers, fantasy, super awesomeness and magic! haha its very fun
    i'll definitely let you know, i might not finish it for a year or two (or i might give up lol) but if/when its finished i'll tell you!
    thanks for the smiles :)
    Yes its very soothing... and i wont judge you for kpop! i like some of that stuff too, its just not number one for me rn
    eaJ.....i shall check them out too...
    lol i'm glad too, its insAnely nerve wracking
    how are you these days? sleeping well? drinking/eating enough?

• hi i'm jackson ;)

Hi! I don’t have enough energy to reply with a lot today, but as always, reading your comment made me smile so much :)
    I absolutely LOVE that book! If I could recommend another book that made me cry as much as that did, I’d suggest Like A Love Story by Abdi Nazemian!!
    And I think I’ve decided I’m going to try and publish something like that. Or I’ll at least give it my best shot lol. What are some of your favorite greek myths that I could try and do justice to?
    Thanks, I hope so too lol
    :) :) :) (all I have is smiles for the things about diagnosis and happy little things)
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) (even more smiles for friendships)
    I’m glad you’re alright, but I’m sorry it’s been such a rollercoaster. And yeah, I don’t think there’s a definite right way to handle these kinds of things.
    I love cozy sad songs :) I’ll check it out
    And speaking of that song I told you about, today I made a dance to it for my class and performed it! I danced a little bit like a newsie on crack but it was fun!

• nolongeractive

This is so deep and well written I can't even comprehend words. I mean wow, I defintiely want to review this - you have so much talent. I can't wait to see what else you write. I would love for you to review one of my songs if you have time, I definitely need reviews on my songs 'gatekeepe' 'motif' and 'butterfly sadness' - review for review!

• hi i'm jackson ;)

Whoops I accidentally hit the button XD
    and my friends, so it’s all good. Thank you again for every kind thing you’ve ever said to me it means so much!
    Oh no, I am so sorry.. are you handling it well?
    And yeah, I totally get that. I’m glad you’re doing better now. I hope your day is amazing!
    If you would use one song to describe yourself rn, what would it be? For me it would be Way Less Sad by AJR

• hi i'm jackson ;)

Ok there is so much I could respond to but I’m only going to choose one for the sake of time: ARISTOTLE AND DANTE DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS EVER YOU ARE THE BEST
    lol anyway
    Thank you sooo so so so much for every comment you’ve ever made on my piece, but especially for this last one: I’ve actually thought about rewriting myths and selling the retelling as books, so that means a lot!
    I’ve missed you too!! And you’re right, it is kinda flattering even though it’s also hard haha
    Yeah I did talk to her about it, it didn’t go quite as well as I had planned and I know that I’ll likely never get an official diagnosis because of my parents, but it’s almost 100% a given that I do have adhd.
    And yeah, I know, I’m mostly pretty good with not being perfect, but...you know I’ve been skating all my life and I’m still not good, and it’s the same with lots of other things. It’s hard not to get discouraged. But I know lots of people appreciate me, like you :) and m

• Blue Jay

OMG YES THE BOOK THEIF! Also, I highly appreciate the daydreaming and library loving :) Also, literary magazines? I haven't even thought of that. I guess my little writing bubble has been on WtW and tumblr, so I haven't even thought about trying to publish somewhere else.

• journal.scribbles

Yessss I love Achilles, Come Down!! And Julia Michaels is such an amazing songwriter! And Friends is also one of my favorite shows! It was so nice to read this beautiful dust jacket and get to know you a bit more. :)
    re: kgbhjkwdsn. lfga;gibo how are your comments so eloquent and poetic and kind and lovely- thank you!!! I can't express in words how appreciative I am of your kindness throughout each and every single one of our interactions. I'm so happy to see that you're back!! I hope you're having a wonderful day! <3

• Busssy.Beee

re: :) how long have you been playing (for fun or seriously?)

Yeah, I don't seem to have any plans at the moment. I think I'll be able to go read some new books or write a little more. Most certainly doing something that I might not have time to do during school! :D Maybe I'll be able to stay up later too, which seems quite nice. Speaking of staying up later, do you like staying up?

I'm so glad your ankle is feeling better! Hope your day has been going smoothly! Love you!

• Ava Marie

I love this so much! Also, The Book Thief is literally my favourite book of all time so I got really excited when I read it.

re: :)) i might do a dust jacket in a month or two, would you be ok with me using the same (or same-ish) questions as you?? maybe?? if not that's totally cool :) i'm proud of the song, but i'm also really relieved that the competition is over haha... it was stressful! but a good experience. spring is in the air - although it's not easy to feel when it's sleeting and you're standing outside for two hours straight (girl scout cookie booth haha). still, i have hope! *stands in a heroic pose*
    can't wait to talk to you again next sunday, my dearest, my constant!! :)

wisp!! like mir said, when i saw your comment my heart just sorta swelled up and i started smiling like a maniac at the screen!! :D this is such a thorough, light, fun dust jacket!! i really loved reading it and it made me want to do one of my own haha although it could never be as good as yours :) this inspired me so so so so much! ahh it makes me so happy to talk to you again!
    re: jdfaghlsfu my dearest constant, thank you! your comment seriously made me tear up. you're so sweet and i just- ahh, thank you for all of your kind words on my song!! it's not gonna win, but i'm really proud of it :) i'm not a songwriter, so writing that was really new and different and i'm glad i did!
    and thank you thank you thank you for just... everything you said! you're so sweet and i'm so, so glad your family is doing a little bit better. i'm glad the world is looking a little bit brighter. i don't know about you, but i'm already looking forward to spring coming! i can smell it in the air, a little bit. the snow is getting ready to make way for green. well, i might be a little early, since we usually have snow all through march, but... ;) i'm so happy to be back with you virtually as well!! it makes my heart light :) all my love, my dear, my constant!

wisp! i did a little dance when i saw your comment! it just popped onto my notifications and oh my gosh i clicked on it so fast... so thank you for that, it must have been a little overwhelming to see all of our comments all at once and reply to them. and i don't even know where to start... well this dust jacket is amazing! love the sections and the title. that is a classic wisp move, my wisp. i found out that we like a lot of the same books, was really inspired by your writing advice at the end there (oh, one of my poems got accepted by potted purple for their next issue which is really exciting and i'm proud of myself because it's my second poem that got accepted in a sea of rejections), and i was just generally giddy and awed by being back in your (virtual) presence again. this is certainly a long piece but i read through all of it and enjoyed every second. i'm going to go back and read your fairy tale piece because i think that's a very cool idea. it's super long though, so i'll come back and read it soon when i have more time. okay well wow i am so glad you are back and i really did miss you. thank you so much for your thorough comment on my piece, it means so much coming from a writer like yourself who i look up to. i know you are still healing, so i hope that process is going as smoothly as it can. i'm here, so please talk to me about whatever, whenever! alright, hugs and smiles and love, mirkat (i know i changed my name! still mirkat tho <3<3<3)

• Busssy.Beee

re: ah yes, the iconic, "opposites attract" saying. it does seem to ring true :) hmm, badminton. it's a lot simpler and easier than other sports, for me at least. it does require quite a lot of hand-eye coordination though haha. overall though, it's been quite fun chasing birdies around :))

thank you so much for your words, shizu. I'm hoping in a few weeks, life will die down a little bit but knowing your support gives me so much more assurance. I could only hope to do the same!

I just noticed from above that we both think about goodbyes a lot. But, I do wish, very much in fact, that one day, your whole family could one day reunite again. Continuously sending my love!

Oh yes, spring break should be just around the corner next month. I hope it'll give us the opportunity to pick ourselves back together again; hopefully letting us take a breather. Is there anything you are particularly looking forward to during that week?

And is your ankle okay? I hope your injury isn't too painful! Wishing for a fast recovery! :D

• Busssy.Beee

shizu? it's really you! oh me chicken! welcome back!! honestly, this is the absolute best news I've gotten in a while! and this piece feels so lyrical; from the tone to the flow to the formatting, everything written here feels so warm and heartfelt.
    a little bit strange though, my mbti personality type is actually the exact opposite from yours haha, but I am the same enneagram, strange isn't it? and badminton! I just started a few weekends ago, but it really has been a neat sport. this piece also had me giggling for a few of them, like your pick-up line :) i couldn't help grinning on that one!
    aww, but your last question's answer was truly one that I adore so much. the way you add hints of yourself to the way you tell us to be proud of ourselves, make the answer and make you so immensely influential. thank you so much, shizu, for writing this and coming back!

re: gosh, waiting for you felt like I was waiting for a dream to come true, and now that it has, it truly feels so unreal, so mythical; having you back has truly been such a blessing already. and once again thank you so much for everything! from returning back to this piece to the wonderful comment, there's only pure bliss from you, and for that I am so incredibly grateful. Love you more, Shizu!

Well, school has been a little, actually maybe a little more than a little, rough recently. Finals are starting to approach and my mind seems to merely grasp the concepts that are going to be tested. But I'm trying :) and hmm... I had a music exam recently, and I was very unprepared for it, so I'm not quite sure if the results are going to end well. It's already finished though so I'm only just a teeny bit nervous now. And other than that, everything seems to be pretty typical. But how about you? Are you fine? Is school, or life in general, treating you well?

• crystalline•galaxies

re: it’s kind of funny — i read a long dust jacket, and yet you went through every single one of my pieces that i had posted while you were gone and commented on all of them so thoroughly. i can’t tell you how much that means to me, because wow. and i would respond to each individually, but really the vibe of my pieces was “i went through the wringer with religion and also myself and added in a love poem for good measure” so there’s kind of a theme there. every time you said you interpreted something specific about a piece, you got it right on. somehow, you’ve managed to repeatedly strip my pieces of their poetic shell and reveal what they truly are underneath, and that’s such an incredible gift to have. every single one of your comments touched me in a different way, and i felt so very loved and appreciated every single time that little orange notification button popped up when i reloaded the page. and you’re so right about how that one piece tied in with the love conversion — i hadn’t even thought about it until you mentioned it! i’m so glad you liked my pieces, and again, thank you thank you thank you!

• crystalline•galaxies

wisp! you're back! at least, i think so? i can't tell you how much i've missed seeing your name pop up in my notifications or your pieces on the dashboard. good grief, i can't stop smiling now.
    ok, this piece. what do i even say? i mean, it's just fantastic! i love the way you divided up the formatting and everything. it retains some kind of poetic quality to it while not really being poetry at all. and i found out about so many things we have in common. i mean, i found out that we both have a similar taste in music, that we both like purple, we both like ocean vuong's work, and that we both daydream a reasonable amount. this piece also caught me in the middle of a persephone and hades phase, and the fact that they're your favorites makes me unreasonably happy. all of your personality types were interesting as well -- call me strange, but i absolutely love researching those and learning more about them. and sorting fictional characters into those groups, of course. that's always fun. i could go on and on here, and maybe i will in later, but for now i think i'll just leave it at that. i'm so glad you're back and doing better, and you've definitely been missed.

• thea_ivy

I’m pretty sure i just saw into your soul... I’m digging it tho. You are a really interesting person and I’m honestly sad I didn’t discover you sooner, love this<3