batman_is_a_cracker

call me sid

((read my book pls))

#giveusbackourwords

My message to the gifted young writers of Write the World:
Don’t let anyone dictate your words.

i currently reside in the dreary domain of purgatory between two writing sites, one i have an intense emotional connection to, the other allows me the freedom to write whatever i want.

22
you do regret hastily erasing any trace of your existence here
you shouldn't have been so rash
originally, you started to delete things out of fear
but it soon developed into a burning hatred

you are the type to scream in anger until you cry
and ball your fists tightly at your sides
but you now realize that you have to try
to forgive and overcome what held you back

you will proceed with caution, don't get me wrong
you still hate and hate and hate
but what kept you away can only keep you for so long
because there is always love to be found

you know you won't be welcomed back with open arms
as you weren't well-liked even when you were one of them
but these people have their hidden charms
and you've been bewitched to leap without looking

don't expect much from me
sudden movements will cause me to flee
I'm not really back, but I will be giving out peer reviews to anyone who asks. I won't be as active as I was but given my anxiety, not many notifications will go unchecked. I missed you all so much. To those who missed me too, you have Wisp to thank for my sudden "return". 
Also, I'm going to start semi-regularly (read: haphazardly) posting chapters of my novel The Illusion Of Control on here. So watch out for that.
(also also, y'all like the long-ass title? it's my favorite, i love it :))

• November 25, 2020 - 1:17am (Now Viewing)

• acrosstheuniverse28

I absolutely love the title, and even though we didn't interact a ton I'm so glad you're sort of back! More importantly, I'm so excited to read some chapters of your novel!!! Let me know when you start posting chapters!

• Just_A_Memory

It's been so long! I'm glad to see your batman-cracker-y face again! <3

My open arms are here *shrugs*

• ava09 (sorta back)

FGKEAGAJ SIDD honestly i've missed seeing you on the dashboard even if we didn't talk that much haha but i'm glad you're (kinda) back. i absolutely love the title and i cannot wait to read some of your novel (fingers crossed i remember haha sigh i always forget the important things). <3

• rainydayz

you are such a wonderful presence on here. you probably don’t know this but you have impacted me so much. seeing your likes on my early pieces really helped to build my confidence as a writer. great poem!

and yes the long title makes it!

well hi there, i am new to your writing but woah, from what i can tell you have so much talent! the emotion is raw and wild and so relatable. i really do get the anxiety thing but not wanting to leave forever... sigh. at least in my own way. well i am also glad u r back for now and i can't wait to read more from u when the time comes. <3<3<3

• Busssy.Beee

Echoing everyone below!! Thanks for "coming back!!" Love you forever!! <333

oh my word! When i saw your name i got so excited!! You were one of the first people to welcome me to WtW. i was so sad when you suddenly disappeared--even if you aren't on here as much, I am so glad to see your name again. I hope you are doing well <33

• EliathRose

Also, really great work! This poem is amazing.

• EliathRose

Somehow, we both managed to make a reappearance on the same day. WtW, look out. (Seriously, though, it made me so happy to see your name on the dashboard. It was like getting shot back in time. I missed you a lot!)

• Wisp

This poem has so much emotion in it, so much rawness tinted with your personal experiences and I just cannot explain the particular emotion it brings out in me. Because there is so much to be picked apart, so many little things that make it as impactful as it is. I know you're not back, but I am happy you're here. And even if you say you won't be "welcomed back with open arms", we--I--will always welcome you back in the little place you burrowed inside of my heart.
    (Also, that title is just magnificent and I think all poems should have titles such as this)
    Replying: Siddd, oh my gosh, I'm sobbing. That was such a lovely comment and I'm just so overcome by emotion right now. What am I supposed to say to a luminous writer such as yourself? Even your comments show so much emotion, and it is no wonder why I thought--and still do--think of you so highly. Your support and your words of encouragement mean the world to me and I cannot thank you enough for that. You've given me a reason to be proud of my writing, and that is a gift that I value most of all--because you were there when I hated my writing and you were there to make me feel pride in what I do--and that is all I could ever wish for and I hope that one day I'll be able to do the same for you. (The community isn't as vibrant as it used to be, but it's there and sometimes when I look at the dashboard, it's as if I'm back to the summer months, even if for just a split second ;)) Thank you for everything Sid, and happy writing to you as well.

• journal.scribbles

Aw I've missed you and your work so much! (idk if you remember me, I used to be best_at_procrastinating) I know that the community here will never be the same as before, but it's not completely terrible. The newer users are all talented writers with a lot of potential and really fun, kind people. And feel free to take as many breaks from either site as you feel necessary; we'll be here to welcome you back no matter what. I wish you the absolute best! <3

• sci-Fi

Welcome back! We all missed you <3

So good to hear from you again, its been far too long :)) I missed you; even though I was only a newbie when you left, I remembered you. I'm glad you'll be around every now and then. :) happy writing <3

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Hi! :) I love your piece and I'm glad you're back (even if only kind of) ! I really enjoy your writing! :)