mirkat

est. 10/15/20
14│INFP-A│poet│old soul

i've always fallen in love with the ideas of people.

have an ineffable day!
i can't express how much i love it here...

<3<3<3

“there was a star riding through clouds
one night, & i said to the star,
'consume me'.”
― virginia woolf

“when i cannot see words
curling like rings of smoke round me
i am in darkness— i am nothing.”
― virginia woolf

"the moment was all;
the moment was enough.”
― virginia woolf

newspaper clippings

15

but when all is said and done, i am just a person trying to discern my worth in this world. 

i am just a girl. one human in the sea of millions. one soul that carries the weight of so many dreams and wishes and regrets and sorrows. and maybe i'll drown. and maybe i'll learn to ride the waves.

um so i was thinking like why does it matter to me that i have to leave a mark on this world. and then this came out. maybe i'll turn it into a series, i don't know yet. just late night ramblings of a broken mind (oh wait i love that sentence! hehe, better trademark it.... tm)

...

<3<3<3

• November 25, 2020 - 10:05am (Now Viewing)

Re: they email you the wednesday before, a week before you get featured :)

• abby.a

dfghjklh so lovely

• lochnessie

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Rose A. (semi hiatus)

SIDENOTE TO MY COMMENT: Major typo in that first sentence. Whoops.

• Rose A. (semi hiatus)

Reading this as Hamilton's soliloquy plays from The World Was Wide Enough plays in the back of my mind. LEGACY LEGACY. This was so good! I do love your new trademarked line(how am I suppose to steal it now?), but I agree with Anne Blackwood. Your mind isn't broken.

1. Your mind is not broken
    2. This is so existential and lovely

Re: Thanks so much!!

• doodleninja

oooh I love that imagery of souls either drowning or riding the waves. :D

• everythingbagel (the cliffhanger goddess)

i agree with all of this
    but isn't just the act of living (a broad word to use in this case) leaving a legacy on its own? not all legacies are grand. in fact, some of the richest ones are the ones lost to time.

• therisingwriter

Love this <3333 but for sure, a mark is necessary! We are small but can do big!

• Abigail Faith

This is MY FAVORITE piece on WtW!!!! Ahhh! I love this!! I can't even put into words how much I love this!!! Great job!! :D

• AccountA

re: if you look on my pins if you comment on one and then tell me which one on WTW then i can comment back with my email

• AccountA

re: its Pleasant Peasant

• AccountA

re: no yeah thats not weird i would love that! i really love talking to you too your a great person! idk if WTW lets us exchange email on here and i dont want them to delete your piece because its super good but ill give you my pintrest account name and i can give you my email from there

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

when she's so brilliant with words that she just spews gorgeous sentences when simply writing her footnote :) I love this so much. especially the first line, it almost feels like it's continuing on from a sentence like, I always pretend to be above it all but in the end.... Anyway this comment is a bit of late night rambling of a- oh shoot copyright.

• rwong

ahhhhhh this is beautifulll!! <3 <3 darn u trademarked it now i can't steal it jkjk it's such a beautiful line tho lol XD