SunV

Zenith (#words)

11/10/2019.

"Don’t wonder why people go crazy, wonder why they don’t. In the base of all we can lose in a day, in an instant, wonder what it is that makes us hold it together"
-Meredith Grey

Amazing first line credit goes to Zora Neale Hurston!!!

Karma

Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board.

They float away, farther from our reach as we try to swim, failing.

Instead, we drown in the depths of the blue sea.

It swallows us like we used to eat our food.

Unmercifully, with no sense of gratitude.

Did we ever stop to think that karma is a thing?

Did we ever stop to think that someday, we'd be the one suffering?

That someday, it'd be our ship floating away?

• December 12, 2020 - 5:02am (Now Viewing)

• TheTempest171

This poem is extremely insightful and I love it. There are so many different ways to think about karma, but it all comes down to the simple concept of everyone being in certain positions at some point in their lives, whether it is one of being rewarded or being punished; one of doing bad or victimhood at the hands of someone else doing bad. This is referred to effectively with the use of similes in which both sides are parts of the poem. In particular, I like the fourth and fifth lines because it mentions a simple daily activity - eating food - and applies it to the ocean in terms of people drowning in it. This really makes the reader realise just how expendably the ocean thinks of human life, just as humans think expendably of food. I also like how the sixth, seventh and eighth lines are all rhetorical questions that provoke thought in the reader and makes them come to a realisation.

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Woah, what a poem! Wow!!
    Re: awwwww! Thank you so much!! :) and aw, that’s so neat about when you were in second grade!! :D It’s crazy because we usually can’t tell that we’re getting older as much as we can tell others are! :)

It is Friday night (for me at least)--and I am posting early--the *sniff* final part of the heartbreak series. This is a bittersweet moment for me and I am so happy to share it with you <3
    here is the final link to the final part:

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Hi, Sun V! How are you today? I wanted to check in and say I’m thinking about you!

• WordsSpeakLouder

I love the way that every line of this adds more and more to the meaning.
    Re: Thank you. Your advice made me feel less alone and I really liked your suggestion because having some sort of plan in case it does happen again definitely does make the idea seem less scary. I cannot stress how much I appreciate that.

• Shay

Re: Aww your so sweet. Your writing is the best.

• Starlitskies

Wow this is stunning! You nailed the ending!
    Re: Thank you! If I do finish writing the novel someday, I'll be sure to let you know. :)
    Also, my piece for the nonfiction competition is up. I'd love it if you could tell me your thoughts on it.

Wow, this is beautiful! You really did this prompt justice!! :D i love how thoughtful each line is, how each word is written with such careful precision. it makes it really flow!!
    re: aww thank you! haha "wild" is definitely not one of my favorite pieces, but... well, I'm glad you like it!

• Brielle P. Chor

Replying: Haha, no prob!

• Brielle P. Chor

Replying: Mm, it's not under footnotes or anything. Technically speaking, you can just copy paste my small numbers and use it for your piece. Like Ctrl C then Ctrl V.

• Cosmogyral

Hey, if you're interested, I just updated and republished my most recent piece. You were the only one who read it, as far as I know, so just letting you know. THank you for your time! :) <3

• Brielle P. Chor

Replying: Omg I just saw your comment haha, sorry for the late reply. What I did was use my phone to create the small numbers. I press and hold on the number and a small option to create a 'footnote number' will appear, and I'll use that. Not sure if it will work out for you, but hopefully this helps!