Rohan’s Defender

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY with a double bias <3
*joined in July 2020*
Peeta Mellark’s girl (9-24-20)

So, I am republishing this to announce that I am going to change my profile picture to an actual picture of me for a short time! I’ve been a little unsure, but as I express in this piece, I want to be able to be myself and not be self-conscious. You guys know me from what I’ve written, and now I should let you see what I look like! So, I’m about to go take a picture to put on here! Thanks everyone!

I Want to be Myself (Message Board!)

23
I want to be myself

I want to be myself at all times, and never let anyone force me to be anything else.

I want to look like myself 

I want to go without makeup, and wear a sweatshirt even when it’s warm, and pull my hair up into a loose, messy ponytail.

I want to talk like myself 

I want to talk when I feel like it, and laugh about the smallest things, and speak my mind without fear of judgement.

I want to act like myself 

I want to be comfortable with myself, and smile without wondering what people will think of me. I want to sing, dance, write, or ride, and I want to do it having confidence in my ability and not feeling like I’m incapable or unworthy.

I want to express myself 

I want to have my own thoughts and opinions. I want to have hopes and dreams, and show love in my own way. 

I want to find myself 

I want to find everywhere that I belong, and everything I am passionate about, and embrace them. I want to find out more about myself, and unlock the secrets of my own mind.

I want to stay myself 

I want to be me, and not change for others who aren’t happy with the way that I am. I want to be proud of the way I am, and not feel bad for being unique.

I want to show others how to be themselves

You are all unique. You are all special. You are all loved. 
Some self reflection today. What do you think? 

Remember, God loves you, you’re important, and I’m always here for you! Have a great day! 

• crystalline•galaxies

i was going through some of your different pieces, and this one really resonated with me. the way you write is so personal and beautiful, and the descriptions seem to have a hopeful and almost innocent feel to them (this isn't just about this piece, it's about your writing in general). it's so unique and gorgeous.
    re: oh my goodness, thank you so much! yet again your comment has made me just the happiest. i can't tell you how much your excitement makes me smile.

• kealoha

aaaah! i love this so much <3 also, beautiful profile pic!

Re: I can't belive you found that piece! I like the message, but the grammar and punctuation is horrible! I would take it down, but it was the first piece I wrote here, so I don't wanna

Also, right now I am itching to put a photo of myself on my pfp, but my mom is not going to let me. Fingers crossed she says yes when I ask her.

• rwong

first off wonderful writing!!
    second, you're so pretty!!! i must admit i was really confused cause i saw the pfp first before i read the piece/the message board and was like "...huh?? who is this?" XD

EDEN! You look so good! The pfp is awesome!

And regardless of that, this piece is amazing!

• Busssy.Beee

asdkjfadsf, i can't!! the piece is so good, + the pfp pic = i'm going crazy. anyway, you're so talented and beautiful. OMC!! <3<3

• ~madeline~

Ahhhhh!!!!!??? You're so pretty!!! Also very similar to how I imagined you :) maybe I should do a picture of myself now.... Hmmmm

• (sk)eyesofocher

OMG YOUR PFP YOU'RE SO PRETTY! AND TAAAAAAAAALL!

• Abigail Faith

Re: :) :)

• Abigail Faith

Re: :) good, thanks!! Been enjoying the fall season... Thanksgiving leftovers and all that fun stuff!! XD And you??

• Abigail Faith

Ahhh!! You're gorgeous!!!! :D

• mindfruit

oh, and I think I have to go, see ya later!

• mindfruit

Re: oh yeah. addresses can be difficult to get (especially if people feel uncomfortable giving them). maybe an email pen pal thing? and I absolutely agree. writing is a really personal thing, and you definitely learn a lot about someone through reading their writing. and aww, thanks! back at you :) btw, do you have social media?

• mindfruit

lastly I apologize that some of these comments seem out of context, they're responses from a buncha different comments
    Re: aww, welcome!

Oh and I second mindfruit again XD

• mindfruit

Re: Oh yeah, and I too am really grateful that so many teenagers at home can connect through this site and make friends like you :). And yes, a pen pal system would be awesome! or some convention of some sort on zoom.

• mindfruit

Re: Heheh, yeah I like to turn around phrases like that. And thanks for filling me in on hsp, sorry you have to experience all that. but then again, it's kinda cool that you can sense the overall vibe of a group. you'd probably make a wonderful therapist :)

I second mindfruit XD

• mindfruit

AHHHH I LOVE YOUR PFP! SO HAPPY I CAN SEE YOU!!!!!

• (sk)eyesofocher

YAY! I CAN'R WAIT TO SEE YOUUUUUU

• Estera Ulrich-Oltean

Love this! Great to find other young Christian writers out there as well

• Abigail Faith

This is such a good message, and inspiring!!!!!!

• musicmaker

I love this! Too many people try to be who they aren't and that's not how God made us!

Re: Thanks so much ^-^

• rainydayz

amazing message

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: they're going to looooove those! I'll tell them you suggested them XD also imma do it kinda like a hunger games interview--only imma be the announcer and then answer questions for me

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: also imma answer those questions! if you have any for an eight and ten year old help yourself XD

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: awww thanks, Eden! I was thinking about it for awhile and didn't want to seem self-absorbed but I decided eh, these people deserve to see my face so thank youuuuu

• beth r.

re: aw thank you so much! >3

• birthdaycandles

Re: Awww no problem! I think checking up on people is vital with the isolation we’ve been feeling during the pandemic. Wow, a songwriter huh? That sounds fantastic, I’d love to see/hear what you’ve come up with, but if you want to stick with poetry that’s another great option! I think there’s a song writing competition coming up next year maybe? So perhaps you could consider testing out your songwriting when that comes up! I am ok... just really nervous lol. I’m meant to be speaking on my local radio show tomorrow about a tree planting project my youth group are running in December! Public speaking makes me a bit queasy... But I’ll manage! I better get some sleep, don’t want to be snoring between getting asked questions by the host lol. Night rd!! God bless.

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: im good, thanks! My mom decided to rearrange the house two days before Thanksgiving.... but otherwise im great! you?

• birthdaycandles

Yes to all of this, and the footnote!!!! You want a lot of similar things to me. I’d just like a better, kinder world.

Also, rd, thanks for the comment! It reminds me... I think we’re overdue one of our routinely check-ins of “how are you”s we always do every now and then! Maybe I’m making that up but I’m pretty sure you’re always the lovely soul that pops in my comments every now and then and shoots me a little “how are you” that just brightens my day.
    So I’ll start this time for once:
    Hey, how are youuuu?

• beth r.

love this!!!

• Jj101

Wow such a great message!! I love it!!

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: literally my whole family XD and a few friends. I might be making some things instead, though! etsy, amazon, everywhere I swear XD

• In Which Yaya Writes

Wow, I love this! I especially love these parts: " I want to sing, dance, write or ride, and I want to do it having confidence in my ability and not feeling like I’m incapable or unworthy," "I want to have my own thoughts and opinions," and "unlock the secrets of my own mind." This is beautiful!
    Replying: (Apparently there were a ton of comments that I missed/forgot to reply to, and this was one of them XD) Wow, that's perfect! When I was singing the other day I thought of what you said and it felt so... perfect XD. Emotions are hard to put into writing, but not into singing.
    Yes! Especially us in America. We have so much, and we can provide someone with amazing gifts.

• Rose A(hiatus)

You're so positive! I love the message your sending. Love your pieces! :) Remember that we're here for you too! :)
    Also, love the formatting you had for this. Sending you peachy keen vibes. :D

Re- good luck with that! it will turn out amazing like all your pieces! :D

• (sk)eyesofocher

I LOVE THIS! im kinda..... sitting on my couch looking for Christmas presents with Six the musical cosplay on (green eyeshadow included.) and getting odd stares, but y'know, who cares? imma be meseeelf. imma wear that dress and slay it! How're you?

• beth r.

re: lol you remembered! sorry abt horseback riding :( i'm sure you'll get your permit when you're ready, and it'll be great!!

Re- aw im well!! You? Have you been working on anything?.. since ik you said you left a little lost after finishing the hunger games :\

• beth r.

ah yes!!! ur poetry is legendary!
    re: lol thanks! hi i'm good, how r u? oooh your bday is coming up!!

Ooh this is really cool! I get this feeling.

Re: THANKS SO FREAKING MUCH

Woah. I've felt like this way too many times.

• sci-Fi

Beautiful and SO relatable. I guess that's all we can be: ourselves.