Dmoral

♕ | she/her | est. 2018
summer hiatus coming soon.

bonus points if:
-you noticed alliteration
-the countless references to Shakespeare
-classic contrast of fate vs free will
-the fact its splint into "acts" (and significance of the # 3)
-irony

its okay if you missed all this, just enjoy the poetry baby

uncured romantic fantasies.

14

I.
the agony fell, like a laugh on your lips; when i said,
let’s fall in love as if Shakespeare wrote us; no, 
i didn’t understand it then. 

II.
not until you shed the skin you’ve been hiding in, 
and showed me the sewn skin that spread from
your back. you told me they plucked your wings 
off your back, like a weed in a garden of their own 
heaven. so, you used mundane flesh and crafted it, 
even tried to attach through burning the blooded bits 
between  the shoulder blades.

III.
so let’s take a play from Shakspeare’s page, when 
the fool’s the wisest of all. we don’t need a soulmate 
story, you really love me and that’s without destiny; 
as for my concept of you, darling, you’re a soft pretty, 
something you didn’t notice at first without picking 
it apart and seeing.

too worthy of everybody,  never for destroying.
madness curled it's fist around me for the slightest moment, and i was too oblivious and consumed by chaos to notice it even around my being. so when it took me, everything came free, something exploded inside me, and all i had was my thin fingers barely holding the pencil and my wooden desk mocking me. there was only one thing i knew then: the voices said, write darling, quickly. now you understand my art of desk poetry, this my first piece.

then just as quickly, madness freed itself from me. but not without watching me tremble as i realized how easily it could control me.

• Wisp

Your footnotes are just as stunning as the piece itself and I am just in love with all of it. Like happy butterfly said, you breathe magic and you craft that into such darling words that manage to grasp the reader and keep them attentive. I'm sure I told you, but every time I read your writing I always pause my background music, just so that I can soak up every word of your writing and experience them for all they are. And this piece is no different. I honestly have never read Shakespeare's work, apart from a few pages of "Romeo and Juliet," but the phrase "so let’s take a play from Shakspeare’s page" is simply divine and the way it evokes such imagery is just brilliant. I love the whole idea you craft from this, and that whole idea of fate and free will is so powerful. Like you slip it in subtly yet it still leaves an impression. Just brilliant honestly.

oh my gosh dmoral your writing is so beautiful, i want to write like this one day. its like you breathe magic

• Cosmogyral

re: happy that you think that, but the implied circumstances make me a little melancholy, lmao

beauty.

• Cosmogyral

Beautiful. I see an homage to Macbeth, yet an alternate ending to Midsummer. The second reminds me greatly of Shakespear's allusion of Icarus. Your footnotes to these poems always could be a separate piece.

wow... first of all, this poem is stunning--and the footnotes took my breath away. i understand more than you could possibly know. or maybe you do know.
    anyways, i absolutely love this. <33