Wisp

i still dream of you

est. 26.9.19

I'm thinking of doing a dust jacket. So if you have any questions:
|
|
|
\/

1000 Paper Cranes | 100

45

gods/oh gods/
i call upon you, believe faith in god's name, 
and i am ordained in the beliefs and hopes of 
a child/and i wait in the twilight of night for the 
kiss of longevity/because faith is what i hold dear/
gods/oh gods/ 
my fingers are calloused, scarred, and i have been 
doing the work of gods/hoping that perhaps you will 
bestow upon me the glorifications of a single wish/
the ones i blew upon dandelion fuzz, riding along their 
coattails in the breeze/the ones i stared at in dark night 
skies, waiting for shooting stars and first stars/a wish 
you told me in a dream that you'd grant/and so i believe
gods/oh gods/ 
waxy paper creases under fragile fingertips/and it's 
folding upon folds/and i feel burdens lifted from my 
shoulders/have you seen the way paper cranes smile 
at you in the swirling designs of origami?/they grin 
lovingly, beckoning to me in silent chirps/and i'm 
smiling alongside them/waxy paper coming to life
gods/oh gods/
every crease and fold is ingrained into my memory, 
and when i close my eyes, i can feel the waxy paper 
melting under my fragile fingertips as i draw the small 
squares together, fingers trained to remember each motion/
and so i do the one thing that makes me remember youth/
makes me remember crying at night and drifting dreams/
i remember what it's like to be young again/what it's like 
to dream once more 
gods/oh gods/
and they cannot fly/they're paper cranes/but i watch as they
soar in colors upon the blue sky/tints of hope and
tranquility embedded into their craft/and i cannot help 
but smile/for they are my shooting stars in the day
Oh darlings, 

I hit 100 followers today, and gosh I am still astonished. I will start this out by simply saying that I never thought I'd be here. When I hit thirty followers, I was under the impression that it would stop there and I was content with that. That was my first milestone and it made me overjoyed to realize how far I had come.
    Fast forward to when I hit 75 followers, I thought it'd stop there too. But no, you all surprised me again, and here I am. To be honest, I'm still in shock. When I first saw those three digits appear, it still hadn't fully hit. It was the kind of shock that seeped into your mind and you didn't fully digest it until a little while later. And when it hit, gosh, I have never smiled as hard as I did then. 
    To think that all of you think that my writing is worthy enough to like and follow me for, I am astounded. I know I don't reply to a lot of comments, and I haven't done any thank you posts for previous milestones, but do not think for a single moment that I do not appreciate you. I've watched that number climb, I've seen the orange dot bouncing from my notifications, and I've read each and every comment and held it dear so much so. You guys mean the world to me, and I cannot thank you enough. 
    You've all helped me grow so much. I've read my old writing, and to say it in the most polite manner, it sucks. But now I have writing to be proud of, I have something to call my own. And that is the greatest gift all of you have given me--the ability to be proud of my writing. 
    So thank you, all of you, for 100, you truly are my paper cranes flying in the skies--my shooting stars in the day. 

Much love, 
Wisp

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

oh my goodness, sweet Jesus, this is beautiful
    I saw crystalline galaxies comment
    I don't know what you said or what's going on but it's all gonna be okay. and even if its not, all injuries heal eventually
    also I read your bio
    come here! >--(UvU)--

• crystalline•galaxies

re: dear, dear wisp, never apologize for telling me anything. my heart aches for you; i cannot say i really know how you feel, because in truth, i don’t. i just want to hug you. i’m not sure what to say, and nothing i can do will make it better. what i can say is that i’m here for you. your pain is my pain, and i felt a wave of sadness flow over me when i saw your message. i wish i could do something to make it all go away. i love you so much and i wish i could say that aloud to you, and i pray for you and your family to have the strength to get through this. come vent anytime you need, and if there’s anything i can do for you, please let me know. remember to take care of yourself, though it may seem hard. i care about you, okay?

• Dmoral

re: (to your comment on my piece "my last letter for a while")
    you should already know how much i love & appreciate you, so Wisp all i'm going to say rn is thank you for your amazing kindness and support with your comment. i truly appreciate it & honestly- i needed it. i am definitely healing.

p.s
    secret footage, Wisp exclusive: went to work today and my coworker and i did just fine. i think we've founded an unspoken agreement, formed a friendship that is just...enough. :)

• crystalline•galaxies

re: aw, your comment on the reflections piece... i'm grinning again!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: yes, it's exactly what you think it is. we admitted our undying love for each other on a chairlift in the middle of a snowstorm and it felt like a romcom. your comment is making me laugh so much, though, thank you ever so much for the enthusiasm!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: i would respond with something more elaborate, but i think my cool-word supply is about emptied. all i can think is “ah, so this is what happens when you get a bunch of teenage poets together and tell them to get overly sappy about each other” but like it’s so true and genuine that i honestly don’t even have the heart to find the humor in it. your comment about all of us coming together made me smile so much, and it’s a good thing i’m laying in the dark in my bed and where only my cat can see me because i’m sure i look like i’m texting a significant other or something. i’m so touched and flattered and amazed that i’m here in this community with everyone, and i wouldn’t trade it for the world.

• crystalline•galaxies

re: also, you calling me "sweetie, dearest, hon" has been the highlight of my week.

• crystalline•galaxies

re: i also just wanted to say a quick thank-you for your comment on my piece -- it meant a lot to know that my words were meaningful and effective. i appreciate it!

• Anlee

Re: if only i could bottle up your sweet words or mold it into a trophy. its truly an honor to have had your support for so long. im touched that you remember my old profile, works, and comments. your compliments always make me so incredibly happy and blessed. I do wish that i could dedicate more time to writing, this website, and interacting with you because its been the most uplifting experience. the amount of love you spread to me and other wtwers is truly incredible, and i daresay that you are the kindest soul around. congrats on the phenomenal milestone~ wishing that you’ll achieve more milestones in the near future <33
    and for dust jacket questions
    1. What does “home” mean for you?
    2. What is something you want to be remembered for?
    3. Any food combos that you love or hate?
    4. What's your favorite cheesy pick-up line? Have you ever used it in real life?
    5. While studying, writing, or relaxing, what are some songs that you recommend listening to?
    6. How are you so wonderful?

• Jj101

Re: I’m very glad I/my comments could make you smile:)

• Jj101

Oh, and some questions. Let’s see. I’m not very good at this but here it goes:
    Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
    What never fails to make you smile?
    What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
    okay, so I tried to make them kinda meaningful and of course you don’t have to answer these if you don’t want to. Have a great day!

• Jj101

Re: Hi, Wisp! Congrats! You’re really sweet and you deserve every follow, like, and comment you get! Sending love, luck, and happiness<3<3<3

• AJ - Izzy

re: you are so incredibly sweet, congratulations!!!!! This is amazing, I'm so happy you got to that milestone and thank you, thank you so much for your comments and for your kind words, they mean the world to me :)
    You are so talented, never stop writing, keep up the absolutely stunning, amazing work!!!! <3
    I wasn't sure what dust jacket meant, if I'm honest, but I think it's just questions? If I'm correct? Oh well, here are a few:
    1. what's your favourite quote, or life motto?
    2. how do you find inspiration for your writing?
    3. favourite book character OF ALL TIME?
    Okie dokie, that's it; once again, congratulatiiiiiions and happy writing!! :)))

• Rose A(hiatus)

btw this piece is beautiful! I love it.

• Rose A(hiatus)

re: thank you! I was so happy to see your comment.
    And of course, congratulations on this milestone! I'm so happy for you! Your work is stunning and inspires me. It makes me think that one day my works might be half as good. Honestly, I was surprised when I read your comment. You're welcome, but thanks are due to you as well. You've always been so nice to me and encouraging! I feel like I've really improved.
    Sorry for the long comment, but I'm not finished yet. You did ask for dust jacket questions.
    1. Your PFP is tattoo art, correct? Do you simply like the image or is that your dream tattoo?
    2. What is your favorite piece in your portfolio?
    3. When you first came to WtW, which authors inspired you?
    4. What is your favorite book?
    5. Favorite movie/tv show?
    6. Favorite franchise or fandom(if any)?
    Kay, that's all. Congrats again!!

Re: Holy cheesecake doesn't even begin to express the overwhelming delight and gratitude I have for you. Once again, your comments have left me speechless. Thank you, Wisp. You are such a dear. Oh, and congratulations one 100+ followers!

Questions:
    1. What's a funny/embarrassing story about you?
    2. What's the oddest dream you've had?
    3. Describe the sky where you're at right now.
    4. If you've taken any psychology personality assessments, what were your results? Examples are Meyers-Briggs (INTJ, EXTP, etc), Holland code (RIASEC), temperament type (melancholic, choleric, etc), and love language (physical touch, quality time, etc).

• sci-Fi

Re: Oh my gods Wisp... I actually teared up reading that. Thank you thank you thank you so much. I just... wow that's one of the most kind and loving and supportive things anyone has ever said to me.
    I want you to know that you're a beautiful writer and a beautiful person, and you deserve SO many more followers than just 100.

• bookmagic

I'm probably too late to say this, but congratulations anyway.
    re: thank you so much.

• 4ExtraShotsOfEspresso

Heyyo! I guess I'm kinda late to this, sorry 'bout that. But hi! You've been an amazing inspiration for me in writing, and I'd like to thank you as well. You're an amazing writer, and I admire you very much so. I hope you have a wonderful day/night!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: yay, i’m glad they’re okay!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: ooh, ok! well then...
    1. who’s your favorite greek mythology character?
    2. what is your least favorite book?
    3. what’s your favorite book?
    4. favorite song?
    5. favorite pieces on wtw? (your pieces or others’ pieces, it doesn’t matter)

hope these are adequate hehe

• crystalline•galaxies

re: ahhh i’m smiling so much yet again reading your comment.
    also, what kind of questions do you want to be asked for your dust jacket? i’m not entirely sure what to ask.

• crystalline•galaxies

re: (ok, first off, thanks for the support in my pfps, haha i keep changing them obsessively maybe because i'm bored but ANYWAYS)
    um, i don't even know how to respond to that comment. it touched me so deeply, wisp. like, all of that coming from someone i admire so much is astounding. i just feel like if i try to explain how i feel about it, i won't be able to do it justice, but i want you to know that it means so. dang. much. and i can't express how much i appreciate all of your support ever since the beginning. you've been someone i can count on no matter what, always there to hype me up when i need it or give me constructive criticism when it's needed. i'm so lucky to have found you. i'm sorry i couldn't have said more, but there's nothing else i can say.

• beth r.

re: aw thank you! yeah it was :)

• beth r.

very beautiful. "have you seen the way paper cranes smile
    at you in the swirling designs of origami?" god this is mesmerizing. you probably don't know me, but on one of my first pieces back in August you left the kindest comment ever that made me feel so welcome. Whenever I see your comments on random pieces throughout WtW, it makes me so happy because they are always so kind and well thought out. I adore the positivity and your gorgeous work :)

• PureHeart

Gorgeous piece of writing. Sorry for my late reply (i haven't been active much... as you can probs tell) but wanted to say another huge thank you for your comment. i'm not very good with words but i really just want you to know that people like you are why i keep sharing my work and writing. you definitely fuel my creativity, and motivate me to go on. hopefully i will be more active nowadays but i just wanted you to know your writing is phenomenal and you are an excellent human being. congrats on 100+ followers <3

• crystalline•galaxies

re: AH i got two comments from you today!! that’s so cool oh my goodness!
    i’m so glad i could make you smile. i hope school is going well for you!

• journal.scribbles

re: Thank you so much!!

• YouAreEnough

Also, where is your dust jacket? I'd love to check it out!

• YouAreEnough

Congrats! I'm really happy for you!! :)
    Re:(very sorry for the late reply) Thank you! That means a lot to me! I will always be here to support you, even though I'm not on Wtw that often, I still believe in you! You are also very sweet and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for those kind words and everything! Sending love and support!! <3<3<3

• Landofstories

re: thank you <3

• hi i'm jackson ;)

re: thanks dude.....im just not sure how to, they told me thursday and they said I love you the next day and they just...ah they just seem so infatuated and its really sad and hard...maybe I should tell them with their christmas present? or would that be rude...idk, and im not sure how to tell my other friends im not in love with them bc they pressured me into asking them out.. aghhhh i have problems
    also yeah, Monsters is one of my favorites. its BRILLIANT!
    and ive been ranting at you for quite a while now lol, anything you want to rant about?

• xx carolina xx

re: hi..I am queenie. that account is now inactive for multiple reasons that i'm just going to simplify here; my following count grew so rapidly and i sort of had an emotional breakdown, left, and started this account.

• hi i'm jackson ;)

replying: lol my grammar is awful too, no need to be ashamed
    i can so relate to that...except whenever I do that i STILL say it backwards lol
    *reads "chin up, sunshine"* *tears up* dude that is so sweet...i...aaa that was really nice thank you
    All Time Low kinda does that, isnt it interesting? they just slowly grow on you until you are addicted to their music lol
    also i dont mean to dump problems on you but you're an uninvolved party and I gotta speak...so my friend confessed they have feelings for me and i dont think i like them but i panicked and didnt know what to say and asked them out and now we're dating and aaaAA i dont like them like that

• crystalline•galaxies

re: oh my goodness, it's so good to know that the newer version works as well! thank you so much!

• antizoeclub

re: thank you so so much for the lovely comment <33 and congratulations on 100 followers !! you deserve each one and many more :))

• Landofstories

re: Ofc! I'm glad I could make you smile :) Thank you for being so sweet and kind and considerate!!! I'm glad to hear that! (and I don't think I've conveyed how appreciative I am of your writing, but I wanted to tell you I'm really thankful for it, it always brightens my day!) Have a great day :) !!

• Landofstories

re: Gosh, it's been a while that I've been on WtW, so I apologize for not seeing your comments sooner - it's just been super busy. Your comments made my day, and lately I've really needed that, so thank you for leaving those comments. I want to return all the compliments you gave me, you took the time to leave such a long comment so thank you so much, you seem really sweet and kind! Thanks for your compliments on my piece, and I remember you too - your pieces always were something I looked forward to, and you're writing style is just phenomenal! Please, never stop writing, you have a way with words! To be completely honest, you're one of my most favourite writers on this site! Anyway, I hope you're having a good day, and I just wanted to thank you! You're irreplaceable on this site - you deserve EVERY SINGLE follower you have <3

• hi i'm jackson ;)

replying:
    it's certainly one less thing to worry about!
    aaa i know be prepared and stuff, its nice to feel prepared, but, like an idiot, i usually never follow my script. I really need to this time though, so i dont say anything wrong haha
    yeah you bEtter check them out lol
    also you're doing a dust jacket i see.. how about this question: do you have a favorite color? and if so, why and what things are that color that you love?

• ~Zoe N~

reply: Ok, I don't even know where to start but thank you. That message you sent just made me cry happy tears, it made my day. Thank you so much for everything you said, I really appreciate it. That poem is probably one of my favorite pieces so I'm so glad you liked it. I've met so many supportive amazing people and writers on this website, and you and the others have made me so happy. Congratulations on 100, you deserve every single one and more, you are a very talented writer and I'm always here for you. WtW wouldn't be the same without you. Congrats! and thank you so so much <3 <3

• hi i'm jackson ;)

Replying:
    im actually not sure if I have finals next week, I dont pay attention to much lol
    we might not, my school is a little different
    thanks! I'm talking to my therapist about it tomorrow so I don't have to come directly to my parents. She might think I'm faking it, though, so I'm making a list of evidence and maybe I'll write down what I should say so I don't mess it up...but then again I might be overcomplicating it haha
    you like pop music? I must indoctrinate you into at lEast alternative music. I suggest All Time Low, and their Wake Up Sunshine album (it curses, so be warned)
    also, it's not pop exactly but its good music: Fall Out Boy's album Folie A Deux
    I have a plethora of bands/songs to share, if you need any recommendations just ask lol

• hi i'm jackson ;)

Replying: thanks dude... we'll have to see if they're good though lol. I'm glad you have support!! School is sO stressful and finals no less.... I have many issues with the US school system but I won't rant at you ;) I believe in you!! You can do it!!
    I've been pretty good, thanks for asking. im just now starting to realize I might have adhd and am trying to figure out how to ask to get diagnosed, so here's hoping that goes well
    also, random but: what kinds of music do you like? i want to know what references I can make that you'll get haha

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: <3333

• crystalline•galaxies

re: oh my goodness, i was wondering what you were doing! usually you don't just leave a like and then not say anything (though it would be perfectly understandable if you did!) and i was checking back every two minutes, haha. i can't thank you enough!

• Stumbling Conundrum

Re: Thank you so so much for your kindness. Reading your comments completely made my day! You brought tears to my eyes. I am so grateful for you! <3

• hi i'm jackson ;)

wow...this is beautiful! I love the imagery!!!
    Replying: In the future??? Dude, you're a writer now!! And thanks for telling me to take care of myself, I'm doing the best I can but I have to make some hard decisions. how are you these days?

• journal.scribbles

A very late reply (sorry!!): Omg thank you so much! Your comment almost made me cry. And aw thanks for the NaNoWriMo encouragement! It really does mean a lot. Thank you!!!

• Future Pseudonym

Re: Seems I'm not the only one who got a sweet comment from you lmao. First of all, love this piece a whole ton. It's really insightful and captures this feeling of pride I kind of didn't know existed. On that note, CONGRATS ON 100 (and 4!) You've long since become a source of inspiration for me, and knowing that you wrote comments to all these people so personally (myself included!) just makes me happy. You're such a wonderful person, you deserve only the best, and I'm so glad you've found success here.
    Question for your dust jacket (I'm sure it'll be a FAQ, but here it is anyway): what's your favorite form of writing (poetry, fiction, genre, etc) and what's your advice to people who also want to pursue it?

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: thank you so much!!!!! You are so SWEET! I look forward to your dust jacket! I’ll talk more soon, my friend! Have a lovely day!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Hi, Wisp!!!!!! How are you doing?
    Re: Okay, first off, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENT! It means a lot to me that you took the time to type it! It was so insightful, and I really appreciate the appreciation (I poured a lot of emotion into that poem). So thank you again so much! Your comment really did encourage me!!
    Secondly, oh my, CONGRATS!!!! Wow, that’s so great and such a big milestone! I’m so proud of your progress! I’m sorry I haven’t talked much recently, I’ve been so busy. May I just say, wow. Your comment really touched me. If you only knew how much it means to me that I could be encouraging to you. You are so talented, and sooooo sweetttt!!! Thank you sooo much for the amazing comment; you really made me so happy!!!!!! Thank YOU for being so great! I’m flattered that you feel that way! I hope we can talk more soon! Keep being awesome! And if you ever need anything, you know where to find me.
    Also, yay! I’m excited for your dust jacket! I’ve got a few questions for you:

1. What was your favorite cartoon as a small child?
    2. What is your least favorite food?
    3. Do you have a favorite number?
    4. Do you have a favorite place to visit?
    They’re a bit random, but of well! Thank you so much again, my friend! <33333

• crystalline•galaxies

re: honestly, i'm so surprised at the positive feedback on that piece. it's different from the things i normally do, and your comment just sent me over the edge of happiness. i wanted to capture the complete freedom i feel around him (because trust me, whenever we're around each other, it's like we go back to being immature first graders) and i'm so, so happy you thought it sounded "youthful." i was also hoping to keep the kind of love i feel for him ambiguous within the piece (as i myself don't even know), and your comment really solidified my confidence in that. thank you, thank you! it really does surprise me that people find you intimidating, because you're one of the sweetest people i know (yes, i'm including irl people i know in that group -- you still beat most of them).

re: your comments always fill me up with joy and this one... haha tt tysm. it's so meaningful, and i truly treasure everything that you've said, thank you. i'm eternally apologetic for not following earlier, but i'd say you're just as much of a legend. thank you so so much. <3

• happygiggles

re- Uhm, wow! Thank you so much for your kind words, I don't know what to say, they made me really happy! I haven't been feeling too good lately so when I came on here and saw your comment it really cheered me up; like you're a glowing ball of positivty. Also, congrats on 100, you deserve it!

P.s, Ill try and interact with you more, this piece is amazing and you're so nice, I think I just found a new virtual bestie! LOL ((:

• crystalline•galaxies

re: well, you're super approachable and a person who is easy to confide in! i'm sorry about things being rough, though i'm glad that you're doing alright all the same. thank you again.

• crystalline•galaxies

re: i'm no longer as sick as i was, so that is good. physical ailments keep coming up with me, though, so new things have emerged since then. nothing too serious, just slightly annoying. emotionally, i don't even know what's going on. alright, sorry, i don't really want to go into a full-blown analysis of everything wrong with me, but i will thank you over and over again for your comments -- they feel like a warm, safe hug. i can't even express how much it means to me, and i won't try, because i certainly wouldn't do it justice. just, thank you. are you doing alright, by the way? there's nothing to make me think that you aren't, but i just. wanted to return the favor, i suppose.

• crystalline•galaxies

re: thank you so much for the comment -- when you said you would come back and make a longer comment later, i was very confused as to what you would get out of six words, but somehow you managed to go quite deep into it. i'm impressed. and thanks for checking in. things are kind of bad right now, but when are they not? i really appreciate it.

• Cici'sTimes

Right here are my questions:

- what is one thing you would change in the world if you could
    - do you have any mantras you live by
    - what is your reason for writing
    - do you have any flaws or insecurities
    - what do you find yourself thinking about often

Feel free to pick whichever questions are comfortable to answer:)

• I. Connolly

Re: thanks so much for the comment. You’re such an incredible writer! Totally deserve the 100 followers

• Cici'sTimes

re: Really! That is so cool. I admire that determination and the concentration that practice takes. Definitely let me know when you've reached 1000:D

• Cici'sTimes

Oh this piece reminds me of the story of Sadako Sasaki and the 1000 paper cranes. This is what I imagine what she may have thought.

re: Wisp, you make my heart melt. I am flattered you remember those minor interactions. I am glad to have met and connected to you through such a powerful way. Your work is amazing and you are a person I strive to walk along this path with. I give my congrats for reaching 103 followers because you definitely deserve it. I hope we will continue to love and support one another throughout this journey.
    p.s. I love love love your profile pic

• pyrrhic

re: oh, yeah! i remember! i really enjoyed reading that piece. made me feel less alone. i look back at the comment now and find it lacking, for the emotions i feel when reading that piece weren't properly described. but wow, it has been a while, hasn't it? i'm glad i've been here, it's been a journey i'm glad i stuck around for. but for now, let's look to the future, because that's where success awaits you :)

• (sk)eyesofocher

re omg thank you for that comment! you deserve it all so darn much. I can't say it enough--thank you for welcoming me to this amazing community. you are a blessing.
    What's your favorite band/artist?
    If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you go?

• pyrrhic

re: vhjd you're seriously so kind!! AHHH! you were one of the people i've looked up to since i joined wtw- just astounded by your talent. you and dmoral were the people i loved seeing on my dashboard most. definitely keep writing for as long as it makes you happy <333

• løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

how are you so talented? every single piece of yours is amazing! teach me your ways :O

here's some questions (feel free not to use em):
    favorite:
    - book?
    - movie?
    - song?
    - weird food combination?
    - romance cliche?
    - music genre?
    - music artist?
    - wtwer/wtw pieces?
    - color?
    - weather?
    - season?
    - do you prefer books or movie adaptations?

re: you deserve every! single! one! of! your! followers!!! eeee congratulations on 103! here's to many more! *clinks glass* thank you so much for your kind words, they mean so much to me! it's a privilege to have you read my piece; and i can definitely relate to the brain dumps i experience almost daily XD. you're an amazing amazing amazing writer, and you're sure to reach another milestone very soon!! <3

• pyrrhic

re: ahhh, you are too kind! i'm surprised you remember what my profile picture was! i'm impressed, it's been a while... :)
    your writing is fabulous, and i was blown away the first time i read one of your pieces and continue to be blown away to this day. you've grown so much, and i'm glad i got to witness some of that growth. you deserve every single one of your followers!! i'm just glad to be one of them. i think if you choose, you could have a future in writing. you touch people's hearts with your words. congrats <33

• crystalline•galaxies

re: oh my goodness, i can’t thank you enough for every comment you left! they all were a great way to start off the morning. i loved the reference you made to greek mythology with that one piece — oh, it was fantastic. (i’m also glad you noticed my message to readers, haha.) thank you, thank you, thank you!

• ava09 (sorta back)

firstly, this is simply gorgeous and stunning and i'm in love XD. secondly: CONGRATS!!!! you deserve every single one, and i always love reading your writing. <3
    replying; oh my gosh i don't think i can accurately put into feelings what both of your comments meant UISKDLJASDHAELDHKEJ. i'm so so glad you loved my piece and everything you said about it just made my whole day i'm literally speechless. your other comment was just so so so so sooooo unbelievably sweet and literally almost made me cry haha. it was so so lovely of you to do that and say those things (honestly, best follower appreciation ever i absolutely love what you did and it made me so unbelievably happy :) ).
    in terms of questions, honestly i think everyone has already covered most of them and i don't wanna repeat so i don't know. you're absolutely amazing, and a true light on WTW. sending loads of hugs!! <333

• Karma’s_Coming

Oo and also some questions, feel free to ignore any or all as you please :)

Favorite book cover?
    Favorite style of art?
    Favorite country (this can be fictional as well ;)?
    How many blankets is ideal?
    Cold pillow or hot pillow?
    Favorite sport (also includes fictional [chokes in exy])?
    Favorite kind of shoe?
    Why is your favorite teacher your favorite?
    Favorite library and why?
    Ideal room layout?

• Karma’s_Coming

*insert sobbing emoji here* thank you so much for the infinitely kind comments, and I’m so glad I got to play a part in your wtw journey. I would also like to say that I adored our Ari and Dante discussions along with chatting about what I believe to be getting hit in the head with a soft brick, which is quite the sentence out of context. I am SO HAPPY for your incredible milestone and will be with you for the rest of your accomplishments. And dear, I believe you will get m u c h more followers. It would be impossible not to with the incredible personality (not to mention the talent) you possess. All the best wishes Wisp, and here’s to many more happy days. Congrats!!

• A blind (young) man

Wisp,
    Your writing has definitely grown, this piece is truly astounding! I love it, and I really think we should have a space to compile our favorite pieces, so I could add this. I have been following you for a while, and your early writing was at least enough to make me like and follow, though I remember wishing "Oh, I wish I could write like her". This is still the case. Though I'm not active much anymore, the pieces you publish lately, when I catch them, always make me smile.

To be honest, your comment on my piece, "Burning and Kites" , made my eyes a little watery. It was so sweet! The well wishes are appreciated, and same to you. You keep writing, you've got real talent, I mean it. I believe you'll probably ascend to the greats of Wtw, and take the skills you've earned into your life afterward.

I'm on hiatus indefinitely, but when I come back I hope we get the chance to interact more!

Cheers,
    Hazen.

• bookmagic

congratulations! This piece was amazing and so are you.

re:
    1. so, so glad you liked my piece, that is one of the one's i'm proudest of :)
    2. wow. i don't know how to put this into words. lets just say if i knew you in person (and you were ok with it, and covid didn't exist) i'd be hugging you. you're so sweet, so gentle and kind, and you always have been. i can't express how much it means to me that you feel my love and appreciation. i'm gonna start crying--but that's not the point. i'm so glad i've been able to be here for every step of your journey here. and i've changed a lot too--and not just with profile pictures ;) you've made such an impact on me; and my writing, too. i admire your work so much. you are an incredibly talented poet, and i aspire to be like you :) you've already done so much to me, from all of your genuinely sweet and loving comments to your inspiring pieces and just your presence here. every time i see your pfp on my dashboard or in my notifs, i just get this sense of peace and calm over me.
    love you, dear <333 i'm so glad to be on this journey with you :)
    3. ooh, a dust jacket??!! sounds fun! hmm... questions.
    - what would your ideal superpower be?
    - favorite song? (if you can pin down just one :))
    - would you rather be the moon or the sun? sky or earth?
    - do you daydream often? when does inspiration come to you?
    - what made you chose your username/pfp/bio?

hope that's enough ;) happy writing!! <3

• ~wildflower~

Oh my gosh, I am SO excited for you!!!!! Congratulations! You deserve every one of those followers - and many many more (where is everyone else?) - so, so much. I am so proud of you for believing in yourself and being proud of how far you’ve come. Also, thank you so, sooooo, soooooooo much for your comment!!!! That warmed my heart more than I though any comment ever would and I just could not stop smiling when I read it. Oh Wisp, that is seriously one of the most special comment I’ve even received. It means so so much to me (more than I can express) that I was able to have an impact on you and encourage you with your amazing writing! And I know it takes courage to express your gratitude in the way you did (or for me anyway) so and I’m just so happy and thankful. You are such a gorgeous, lovely person and it’s been an honour for me to be able to read your writing and get to know you on wtw. You are so talented (the INCREDIBLE poem above is proof of that!) and I’m excited to read more of your writing! Sending my love <3<3<3

re: you replied on my piece "my best friend is barely hanging on"
    /There's so much anxiety with the thought of venturing out and growing up...--a fear of growing up too fast, without being able to enjoy the now and this moment./
    ^^^that is what you wrote. and you nailed my feelings perfectly. Iam doing the same kind of thing as JC--I am getting my high school diploma while graduating with an AA degree. it saves for college but is a lot of work. I am at the end of the first quarter and I have to say i have learned so much. the future is a scary thing. I am blessed to have two wonderful parents that are helping me learn and grow up. but growing up is such a bittersweet feeling. It's not like when i grew out of my dolls. this is stepping away from my childhood and into reality of being an adult (even tho im not quite there yet--and im okay with that haha). as i wrote that piece, i tried to represent those confusing feelings. I am glad you could relate a little bit. your comment was so encouraging..please know--you aren't along either. You have a whole life ahead of you. it's okay to be scared and unsure...use those feelings to grow into certainty :) thank you again for your wonderful comments. Sorry my replies are so long but they meant so much <333

ohhh wisp! <3333 your comment made me tear up. I can't even begin to explain how much it means to me that i was able to encourage you. That is one of my goals, both irl and on this website. I love to write--I don't know what I would do without it. And i want to spread love and encouragement with the talent I am blessed with. Words are a gift. I just want to help other writers grow and develop their talents. I remember when I first shared my writing with another person--i was so nervous! I was afraid that they would hate me or think of me differently because of what I wrote. I still struggle with that mindset, but while here, i am trying to encourage and help other young/new writers not feel afraid of sharing their words. Your words--take this piece as an example--paint such beautiful pictures, set both melancholic and joyful tones and spread such meaningful messages. Thank you so so much for your meaningful comment <33 I'm going to respond to the second one you left because this is already so long XD

• rainydayz

This piece is brilliant. Congratulations of 102, but make it 103 instead. I cant wait to see what else your writing has to offer.

• crystalline•galaxies

re: your comment was so sweet. i have no words.
    also, i tested negative for covid! i am finally released from my confinement!

• journal.scribbles

Ooh questions, sorry I forgot about those:
    -favorite movie/tv series?
    -what was the moment where you knew that you were a writer?
    -who is your role model?
    -biggest wtw pet peeve?

• journal.scribbles

OMG OMG OMG Words cannot describe how happy I am for you!!!!! Congrats on 101!!!! (102 soon. how the heck was i not following you yet??) I completely agree with the more eloquent comments before me about how you're just such a kind and thoughtful commenter. Your comments never fail to make me smile. Thank you so much for that. Congratulations!!!!!

re (this is a few days late, sorry) : Ugh how dare you flex on me with that beautiful comment about the all-over-the-place-ness of my comment?! :)

• Cheshire Cat

This is a beautiful piece and I am honored to be one of your followers and be by your side through this writing journey.

• batman_is_a_cracker

Darling, I've made my way back to Write the World, following the small pull in my gut
    that I normally ignore. Completely by chance, I read those comments you wrote on my #giveusbackourwords piece. I am truly thankful to have you as my friend. I treasure you and the unwavering support you bring dearly. I'm proud of you for reaching your milestone and disappointed in this community that you haven't reached it sooner. (It really HAS gone downhill since I and plenty others high-tailed it outa here, huh.) I love your work, I really do. Even though it may not seem like it. I know the screen is cold and silent and dead but remember on the other side of it I'm cheering you on. If you need anything, anything at all, feel free to message me on Prose. I'd be happy to dust off my old editing ways and give you some Peer Reviews if you wanted me to. I hope you're doing well. You seem to be thriving from what I've observed. Keep writing, darling.
    --Sid

• doodleninja

oh, and also for some questions:
    -what's your nationality and/or ethnicity?
    -latest good read/favorite book? :)

• doodleninja

re: and thank you so much for your kind comments too! It makes me overjoyed that you're enjoying Stereo Tropes Co as much as I am! <3

• doodleninja

congrats on 100!! I love how you used the imagery of paper cranes in this piece! you have every reason to be proud of your writing, your recent pieces especially have blown me away :D

• spectral

re: patchwork
    - idk never watched batman, but possibly? thats not what i was refering to. vaguely on the right track though (:
    - actually, thats a reference to something else! a musical, actually
    - technically, yes! its not one of the 18 though
    thanks for guessing! you can keep going if you want to

Re: Thank you so much!!
    Well that is the thing you are. ;P

• everythingbagel (the cliffhanger goddess)

congrats ;3

• Just_A_Memory

Ooo! C O N G R A T S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omigosh congratulations!! I agree with Ella in that you feel like a legend already. You've worked for every follower by writing incredible pieces and creating the nicest comments I ever did see. <3

aHHH CONGRATS! Wait i'm honestly surprised that you just hit 100... in my mind, you're up there with the legends like sunny.v and dmoral! seriously i can't believe you didn't have more--your writing (ESPECIALLY this piece omg!) is beautiful and you deserve each and every follow/like/comment that comes your way! I'm really proud of you <333 i am eternally glad to be one of your brilliant paper cranes! :) happy writing, dear! here's to many, many more! <333

• rwong

omygosh congratulations!!! can i just say...you deserved every last follower <3 and i'm proud to be one of them <3 <3 (also this is super beautiful)

happy 100 (now 101) followers! haha, i've seen you around for a long time, but i'm sorry it took so long for me to follow you! said below, but this is such a beautiful 100 followers piece, one that i certainly need to reread. i always appreciate your comments (though unfortunately my comment writing skills have rapidly deteriorated lol). here's to 100!

• crystalline•galaxies

this is such a gorgeous way to do your 100 followers piece! i'm absolutely enthralled with your writing here. and you deserve every single one of those followers, wisp -- you're literally the kindest person ever. you leave such detailed and thought-out comments that i could never ever have the patience to write; you take note and remember what people are going through; you just seem to care so much about the people you interact with, in such a genuine way that is hard to come by. i've looked up to you ever since you left your first comment on one of my pieces, and it hasn't stopped there. i know i'm a writer, but i'm at a complete loss of words as to what to say to you to express how much you mean to me. you're absolutely fantastic, and look -- already, you haven't stopped at 100 followers! you're at 101 now!
    re: i am kind of getting worse physically, but it's nothing too bad at the moment. emotionally... it's also getting worse but still not too bad. if things go well i should be able to stop quarantining on my own tomorrow, so fingers crossed!
    -athena

• pyrrhic

re: no, it's not... the quote is from a random guy who was giving a speech that included the story of theseus, who was exiled by his people after saving them all and died a disgrace to his people. he was comparing 'tommy' to theseus, while saying 'nothing good happens to heros, but if you want to be a hero, then die like one'... it's a pretty long story but you know...
    also, i'm always glad to support such a talented writer!! :)

Re: Thank you so much for that comment it means so much from such an incredible poet like yourself <33

• pyrrhic

yesss! i'm so happy!! you're writing is so beautiful, and i'm so glad to be one of those cranes.... i hope i helped your wish be granted through my own paper crane. i actually love how you tied everything in this piece together. just.... stunning. <33

• mindfruit (hiatus)

Woohoo, congrats!! Here's to many, many more :)

• ChocolateKiwi

Congrats!!!

Okay, how am I not following you! Just did it. Congratulations on 101 followers!

oh your writing is magnificent! emotional and full and beautiful and i am soooo proud to be one of your followers! congrats of u lations! <3<3<3

Congrats! <33 I love your writing so much and I'm proud to be one of those paper cranes. :) keep writing!