SunV

Yes, the pfp is me
(New year, new me #NEWYEAR)
I can, and I will. Watch me.
est. 11/10/2019.
Llibrary buddies with Sci-Fi, LindyTheRavenclaw, Rwong, Rohan's Defender, Mirkat and Paisley Blue!
Always.

So... First time I'm actually clear with what I want to write about for a competition XD

Seriously though, is it a good base?

The Small Things

The lockdown didn't affect me.

March 15th was the first day I truly understood the impact of Coronavirus on the world. My final three exams were cancelled, I was stuck at home for an indefinite amount of time. I didn't have violin class anymore, nor did I have piano, or drawing. Everything stopped.

But the lockdown still didn't affect me.

I didn't feel any different. I still had to practice violin for an hour a day at the minimum, read for half an hour a day before bed, complete one page of handwriting, go jogging in the evening, make snacks in the evening for my brother and myself. Everything was the same.

Well, almost the same.

Some things changed. The biggest, no school. Usually, we would have two weeks of school after out final exams, where we would start the next grade's syllabus.We didn't have that this year. But, before I moved, I never had it. So, nothing really felt different.

Life was still in order.

Another change was the constant presence of my parents. They worked from home, we stayed at home. 

Still, it just felt like the summer holidays.

Lockdown really didn't get to me.

And I felt happy. Lockdown gave me time to actually wind down, it gave me time to start a YouTube channel, to improve my writing, to do so much I couldn't when I went to school. I felt more in control.

Family traditions changed too. We all sat–– still sit–– together at the dining table during lunch and dinner. We play a round of fish before going to bed every night. We talked about our day sitting in the living room every evening.

I started taking more care of myself in the lockdown. Daily jogging became a constant, from the occasional jogging I did during school days. I started eating healthier, because my mother now had time to cook fresh meals every day, and I didn't have to rely on Maggi every afternoon, because there was always dosa batter ready to be made into dosa or idly, depending on my mood. I started applying a cream to reduce my pimples. I started doing sets of elbow planks and sit-ups every morning before I sat for school. I started going down for half an hour with a book or a notepad and sat underneath a tree, writing or reading, to give my eyes a break from the screen. I was more conscious of my body and mind.

The lockdown also gave me time to write. So much time.

I wrote, and wrote and wrote. I painted pictures with words that I never knew existed inside of me, and I continue to do so.

The lockdown made me realise that writing is something I badly wanted to do, it made me realise that writing wasn't just my hobby, it was my passion.

But what I never realised was that:

The lockdown did affect me.

Just not how I thought it would have.
First draft. It is 500 words long, and I need to detail it more; but how is it for now?

Re: Wow, that's an old piece you found there. Don't worry about numbers. It's actually not that big of a deal. *comforts in hypocrite*

• ~Zoe N~

Hey, this is great! I'll review this! Do you mind reviewing mine?

• Kareen

WOah, speechless from how good this is! the way you described stuff was very creative, i absolutely love it so far ;w;!! your ways with words are amazing. i read it like 3 times, its so good :,). cant wait to see the finished results!

• A. Penderwick

This is really good! I like seeing a different perspective of the lockdown. I would definitely add more detail to really draw the reader into the story. I'm also wondering if there were any negative effects of the lockdown, and if that might help include some contrast. This is truly excellent, though, and I think if you keep working you'll have a splendid entry.

this is amazing!! I love how you tied in your ending "the lockdown didn't/did affect me"
    It was so perfect!
    re: haha thank you :) I live in Skagit Valley. if you look up pictures you'll see a lot of tulips XD that's kinda what my town is famous for--the Tulip Festival.

• Jasmine khawar

Re: Famous? Awww! Thanks a lot to you and your teacher <333

• wavewriter

This is awesome and very relatable. I think a lot of us changed for the better during lockdown. Some questions you might considering answering in your next draft might be how/if the lockdown affected you negatively and how it affected your family.
    I really enjoyed reading this. Great start!

• rosewrites

Hey SunV - I love it, but adding more imagery would be good too. It’s good tho, don’t take that the wrong way XD.
    It’s weird how we get used to change so quickly, right?

re: yeah I took a break for awhile, but I’m planning on sticking around now. Thanks for the comment!

• Minvra

I find it the same way. I'm thinking and reflecting more these days.