anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

I just added a few new lyrics from a song I just heard that seemed to fit perfectly. ❤️ and yeah, this is all based on my real life, probably exaggerated slightly for poetic effect.

fragile yet strong (relationship woes & joys)

7
"one look / dark room / meant just for you / time moved too fast / you played it back / buttons on a coat / light-hearted joke / no proof, not much / but you saw enough / small talk, he drives / coffee at midnight / the light reflects / the chain on your neck / he says, 'look up' / and your shoulders brush / no proof, one touch / but you felt enough"

"bring me some hope / by wandering into my mind / something to hold onto / morning, or day, or night / you were the light that is blinding me / you're the anchor that I tie to my brain / 'cause when it feels when I'm lost at sea / you're the song that I sing again and again / all the time, all the time / i think of you all the time"

"let's trace the steps of where we've been / to make it feel like home again / ... / sometimes I wish I didn't know you all / so we could do it all over / and fall all over each other again" 

“you took the time to memorize me / my fears, my hopes, and dreams / i just like hanging out with you / all the time”

"i think I fell in love today / i'm sure he saw it on my face 'cause / i couldn't break my smile, yeah / the stars weren't lined up in a row / there was no firework show / but in that moment, he was mine" 

it's hardly love
perhaps we both know it
but i want you
and i like you
and i'm not afraid to say it

this push-pull
the constant wondering and wandering
as songs play back in my mind

in yours too, i know
reminding us of what we are
and what we could be
if only...

if only life were that simple
but then again, would it truly be life?
all these complications
all these shining days
all these instant changes
make this world spin a little faster
a little brighter

this push-pull
the constant wondering and wandering
as songs play back in my mind

in yours too, i know
reminding us of what we are
and what we could be
if only...

sometimes we feel like a spider's web
silvery gossamer, raindrops balancing
on each delicate strand
strongest material, they say
but so fragile in other ways
when my hand pases through
and it's torn apart 
remnants of glittering threads
all that labor and love
fragile yet strong

this push-pull
the constant wondering and wandering
as songs play back in my mind

in yours too, i know
reminding us of what we are
and what we could be
if only...

Inspired by Stone of Jade's piece "the future remains unknown, so please, let us enjoy right now" check her out, she does amazing things with words
This is just me pouring feels onto the page (well, onto the screen). Based on real-life experiences. He's amazing, it's all good, but it's also complicated. I know I'm not ready for a relationship, and I want to be cautious and mature, but sometimes I want to say, "to heck with logic and caution and reason and being good and mature." But I'll never be able to do that. The "good girl" is just too deeply ingrained in me. I can't be a deliberate, reckless rebel. I've tried.

Works Cited, in order of use: (I know this may not be completely accurate, but I didn't access the songs from a specific place. So this is more the format for a CD-accessed song. And yes, these are all songs that remind me of him, obviously. He sent me the Bastille one.)
Taylor Swift. "You Are in Love." 1989, Big Machine Records, 2014.
Bastille. "The Anchor." Wild World, Virgin Records, 2016.
Ingrid Andress. "The Stranger." Lady Like, Warner Records, 2020.
Taylor Swift. “Stay Stay Stay.” Red, Big Machine Records, 2012. 

Kelsea Ballerini. "I Think I Fell in Love Today." Unapologetically (Deluxe Edition), Black River Entertainment, 2017.

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

LOVE IT!

• everythingbagel (the cliffhanger goddess)

re: OMG YES FFFFF
    I HAVE TO CHANGE THAT NOW

re: we stan Anne

• Just_A_Memory

Cheers! <3 You're very first link to 'As Fate Would Have Us'

• Huba Huba

Awwwh this piece is sooo pretty!
    Re: It's alright for typing a long message for me, because I'll send another long one back at cha! I haven't been on Write the World much lately because I've been busy with school work. I go to school, as in ' a real school,' and I'm not homeschooled. I had this huge science competition this weekend and I had to spend lots of time preparing for it. What about you? (As in homeschooled, private, public school)
    Sadly my piece, Igniting couldn't be considered for the competition due to the brief mention of a character that committed suicide.. I'm upset at myself for not reading the guidelines closely.
    Anyway on the bright side, I've been working on Igniting as a complete novel!
    The Land of stories and school of good and evil... I HAVEN'T CAUGHT UP TO THEM IN SOOO LONG and I must confess that I have not actually heard of books 4+5 of the School of Good and Evil! I hope they're good, as there are so many series that get worse each book, and it's hard to find books like HP with like so many books in the series but they're all like so good! Though I haven't read fantasy in absolutely foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I have no idea how in the world I'll get back to it.
    One of my friends sent me this video on Youtube of this person using Mayo as an instrument just to prove Squidward wrong, I think that person tried to slap at a large chunk of mayo with a spoon and used Mayo as a percussive instruments. I have no idea if guacamole counts as a condiment, BUT I LOVEEEEEE IT! I love avocadoes as a whole, except for the fact that the turn brown way too fast. I once bought 6 avocadoes at once, and I waited days and days for them to ripen, and I ate one per day for 3 days, and by the 4th day, they were turning brown already!
    I am a musician indeed, and I play the piano and the clarinet (like squidward) (oh my lord I'm making too many Spongebob references). I personally enjoy playing the piano a lot more because I can play it with myself without it sounding lonely. Clarinet solos are okay, but I always seem to have to like.. HAVE TO play with an ensemble, but if I do, it's more harmony than melody. I love music so much, and I wish I had the ability to improvise music.
    Lately I've been rewatching some Pixar movies instead of doing something 'useful' like what, uh, reading a biology textbook? My top 2 are Ratatouille and Up. When I rewatched Up this weekend, I cried during the whole entire movie. It's not even considered a sad movie besides for the beginning of it, perhaps it's just me being a hopeless romantic. The love story in Up is definitely better than Romeo Juliet...
    Speaking of Shakespeare and some authors, I personally think that they got ruined by schools making us write endless literary analysis essays on them. Perhaps I'd enjoy them a lot more of I weren't forced to sit there picking out every metaphor, simile, form of figurative language, etc. and writing about the reason for its existence. And me with those essays-- it's a love and hate relationship. I love writing obviously, and sometimes thinking deeply about those stories is fun, but it's homework!!!
    Oh I am going to ramble on and on forever, I'm ending this message here.

• ava09 (sorta back)

yes yes yes. i loved it the first time, i love it this time and i'll love it all times XD. sending hugsssss <3

• Just_A_Memory

Also, this is absolutely gorgeous!

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Aw! Thank you! Busssy.Beee and I aren't actually associated outside of WtW, we're doing this all from within. It's not easy, and it's a lot of commenting back and forth, but it's fun to try!