anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

hi! i put all the important stuff in the footnotes. <3 you all!

fragile yet strong (relationship woes & joys)

3
"one look / dark room / meant just for you / time moved too fast / you played it back / buttons on a coat / light-hearted joke / no proof, not much / but you saw enough / small talk, he drives / coffee at midnight / the light reflects / the chain on your neck / he says, 'look up' / and your shoulders brush / no proof, one touch / but you felt enough"

"bring me some hope / by wandering into my mind / something to hold onto / morning, or day, or night / you were the light that is blinding me / you're the anchor that I tie to my brain / 'cause when it feels when I'm lost at sea / you're the song that I sing again and again / all the time, all the time / i think of you all the time"

"let's trace the steps of where we've been / to make it feel like home again / ... / sometimes I wish I didn't know you all / so we could do it all over / and fall all over each other again" 

"i think I fell in love today / i'm sure he saw it on my face 'cause / i couldn't break my smile, yeah / the stars weren't lined up in a row / there was no firework show / but in that moment, he was mine" 

it's hardly love
perhaps we both know it
but i want you
and i like you
and i'm not afraid to say it

this push-pull
the constant wondering and wandering
as songs play back in my mind

in yours too, i know
reminding us of what we are
and what we could be
if only...

if only life were that simple
but then again, would it truly be life?
all these complications
all these shining days
all these instant changes
make this world spin a little faster
a little brighter

this push-pull
the constant wondering and wandering
as songs play back in my mind

in yours too, i know
reminding us of what we are
and what we could be
if only...

sometimes we feel like a spider's web
silvery gossamer, raindrops balancing
on each delicate strand
strongest material, they say
but so fragile in other ways
when my hand pases through
and it's torn apart 
remnants of glittering threads
all that labor and love
fragile yet strong

this push-pull
the constant wondering and wandering
as songs play back in my mind

in yours too, i know
reminding us of what we are
and what we could be
if only...

Inspired by Stone of Jade's piece "the future remains unknown, so please, let us enjoy right now" check her out, she does amazing things with words
This is just me pouring feels onto the page (well, onto the screen). Based on real-life experiences. He's amazing, it's all good, but it's also complicated. I know I'm not ready for a relationship, and I want to be cautious and mature, but sometimes I want to say, "to heck with logic and caution and reason and being good and mature." But I'll never be able to do that. The "good girl" is just too deeply ingrained in me. I can't be a deliberate, reckless rebel. I've tried.

Works Cited, in order of use: (I know this may not be completely accurate, but I didn't access the songs from a specific place. So this is more the format for a CD-accessed song. And yes, these are all songs that remind me of him, obviously. He sent me the Bastille one.)
Taylor Swift. "You Are in Love." 1989, Big Machine Records, 2014.
Bastille. "The Anchor." Wild World, Virgin Records, 2016.
Ingrid Andress. "The Stranger." Lady Like, Warner Records, 2020.
Kelsea Ballerini. "I Think I Fell in Love Today." Unapologetically (Deluxe Edition), Black River Entertainment, 2017.

Re: sorry this is a late reply, too! First, thank u! Second, no need for a peer review.... it was my piece cause and effect and I took it down because it was very personal and also I might want to submit t to competition? Anywho, I felt like I had to spend more time with it or something so yeah. Thanks for ur reply and offer tho! Means a lot! Have a great thanksgiving! <3<3<3

Re: Thank you! Haha whisper whisper. Yeah I like it a lot. It's kinda romantic yet simple and easy to pronounce. And okay I hope they don't because I like that piece.
    You're welcome! Oh wow! That website seems so cool, I'll have to go through that.

• ava09 (sorta back)

dhkadhudilfhufs I LOVE THIS!! the songs at the beginninggg and then your writing!!!! it's all just simply wonderful - i'm definitely bookmarking! :)
    replying: thanks love! <3 and you're so welcome xD if you publish a different version i would love it if you could let me know! and i could talk about music and stuff all day too haha. hahahaha maybee it's less embarrassing lmaoo but maybe not XD. i can't wait for sports to start back up again too. :) also yes. england. i want to tour europe too!! i'm 50% romanian so i'd definitely have to visit romania. i don't know if i want to live there though haha - i'd really love to live somewhere in europe too though. england's my preference because of the premier league but anywhere else would be amazing too! tushar really does. sending love back from the midwest!

Re: :D ^u^

I'm back sorry but
    "if only life were that simple
    but then again, would it truly be life?"
    is so good

• Love, Rose

this is stunning

Okay I just realized what this was shoot I feel dumb. Oops. I love the whole thing including what you wrote aaaaack I'm gonna go hide.

Omigosh I just realized which piece inspired this and that makes me so happy because I adore that one too.

I was thinking that I couldn't choose a favorite part because of how much I love every line. But then you hit me with:
    "i think I fell in love today / i'm sure he saw it on my face 'cause / i couldn't break my smile, yeah / the stars weren't lined up in a row / there was no firework show / but in that moment, he was mine"
    I mean that took my breath away, because I've tried to write that sentiment several times and here it is, messy, beautiful, and perfect. Just waiting for me.
    This piece is incredible.
    I'm definitely gonna re-listen to that Kelsea song btw bc I love her.

( i moved my comments to this piece so you can have it on your "final")

OH MY WORD!
    ASDFGHJKL I don't even know what to say!!!
    This is gorgeous and so sweet and so heartfelt and i LOVE IT!
    That spiderweb metaphor/simile is absolutely perfect and so gorgeous and has so much imagery AAAHH srlsy. you have no idea how much i love this!!
    re: oh my word that makes me so happy! im so glad i can inspire you in the littlest way <3 that means so much.