mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

a morning dance

14

pull the brand new hightops on and bound down the steps and out to the street. feel at home in my olive green chords and my light grey hoodie. my hands dive into the pockets for warmth. i breathe. the cool, crisp air slides down my throat with ease and soon i'm inflated with the morning air. 

look down, can't help glancing at my new shoes. white dots on a blue background and then checkerboard along the side. and the fresh white that snakes along the bottom of my shoes-- soon it will just be gray, but for now i enjoy how new my hightops look. and the soles, hexagons going up and down the bottom of my shoes. not a speck of dirt in them yet.

and i swagger, let my hips go from side to side. lift my arms to the sky and i twirl, drink in the spinning blue sky with a deepness that goes on and on. in that moment i know it's all going to be all right. i dance into the street and let myself be free. hair glinting with the weak light of the winter sun and a laugh escapes my chapped lips.

i asked the morning if i might have a waltz with her, and she smiled down at me and offered me her hand. much obliged she whispered, and the wind carried her shy acceptence to me.

did not proofread this! inspired by true events!

• Wisp

Replying: To think that you would think of me as one of the greats, well, I never thought I'd get to that point. You know, the first time I heard someone think of myself in that way was actually from you, I read it on a comment you made on another post, and you have no idea how elated that made me. I've never told you that, but mirkat know how much that made me smile beyond control.
    And mirkat, I think of the future that will inevitably arrive for each and every one of us here sometimes, the day we'll all have to log off for the last time. And I am so glad, so fortunate, so beyond happy, that I was able to make an impact on your life here. I am so grateful to have met you. And wherever you go, I will always be cheering you on, and who knows? One day, perhaps I'll even see you on the inside of a book ;)

• Wisp

Replying: Oh my gosh, you just made me so happy right now. To think that you would remember me as we both grow older and move on, to think that I have been a part of your life, oh my goodness, I am just beyond words. You made me tear up a bit with your comment and it was so heartfelt and sweet and ahhh I have no words. You're just so genuine and I am so glad for that first exchange of words we had that first day.
    And thank you so much for the question! I'll be sure to use it.
    Have a wonderful day and holiday season as well!

• Wisp

I remember when you first joined. You liked my one year piece and we struck up a simple conversation, just an exchange of words, but you have no idea how that exchange made me smile. You haven't been here as long as others, but you've already become such a core part of this community, and for good reason too. You are such a sweet and kind and supportive soul, which leads me to say thank you. I recently hit a milestone of 107 followers, and mirkat I wanted to personally say thank you to you. You have no idea how much your kind comments and likes and that single follow you gave me means to me and how much it has encouraged me to keep on writing. You never cease to make me smile and you're just a dear to interact with. Truly, thank you for everything.
    (Also, I'm doing a dust jacket, so if you have any questions, send them my way!)

• Wisp

Your imagery is simply divine! I adore this feeling of confidence you describe that comes with new shoes and I just find that so so sweet. There's youthful innocence in this piece that just makes me smile--it's as if I'm there with my new shoes and feeling on top of the world. This piece was really just the dose of heartwarmth that I needed. It certainly brightened up my day and has me smiling. And that last paragraph was just so sweet! I loved your personification of morning and how it ties in with the rest of the piece so well. Absolutely adore this!

• everythingbagel (the cliffhanger goddess)

;D
    wonderful

• pyrrhic

how did i miss this?!?!?!?!?! i'm glad i found it... :) so lovely

• beth r.

love this!!
    re: YES LATKES! especially with hanukah coming up i'm so excited lol

this is so beautiful aaaaa

• AccountA

hoodies are the best i wear them so much XD how have you been?

• AccountA

wow this is amazing! i love the last lines so beautiful<3 <3 <3

• Rachaelgrace

This is so good! Great job :)

• rwong

woahhhh this is breathtakinggg i loveee thissss <3 <3

Awww, this is beautiful! I llve your descriptions, they are so vibrant and dynamic. I love this!!!

• lochnessie

hey mir! haven't checked in with you in a while... i've been having a weird time. grieving after grieving? grieving many years out of the time period of grief? i don't know. your writing is still beautiful. <3

• anemoia by a thread

Re: np! oh, got it. well, if you do need one, i am available. ;) happy thanksgiving! hope you have a wonderful time, even if it looks a little different this year. p.s. have you heard the thanksgiving song by ben rector? i do believe it's the only thanksgiving song, and there's a lovely visualizer/lyric video on youtube. it's a warm, cozy, comforting, low key, gentle song. <3

• Starcatcher

WOW, I love the way you weave words. This piece seams so carefree I really like it.

• Vicarious (hiatus)

Re: congrats on the Ice Lolly Review acceptance!!! I was in issue 4, so I can't wait to read issue 5 lol. If you need any more magazines, you can simply ask :)

• anemoia by a thread

this is freaking gorgeous.
    also, i'm so sorry for being late on the peer review! agh! it's been crazy but that's no excuse, i did promise. i went back to the link, tho, and it gave me a 404. did you republish it? it was "tomorrow" right? if that's the one, reply back and i'll hop on it.