katnissromanoff

Aspiring actress and journalist
ENFP-T
Theater and movie nerd

"It's not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better." - Tony Stark

Hello! I love acting, singing, performing, and obviously writing. My favorite books are The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor, The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, and thousands of others. My favorite TV shows and movies are Titanic, Stranger Things, POTC, Gilmore Girls, and anything in the MCU.

Just_A_Memory and I are collaborating on a series called "Hate Me, Push Me, Break Me". We hope you enjoy it!! :)

Currently reading Little Women, but I'm always open to book suggestions!

Hope you're having a great day :)

Hate Me, Push Me, Break Me - Part 4

6
"So, how long exactly will this take?" I asked.

"I'm not quite sure, but not too long."

"Thanks for the remarkably clear answer." I shivered from the cold air. It was getting dark and I could barely see anything, Arthur was even hard to make out in the lack of light. Neither of us talked for the next ten minutes or so.

"Um, how have you been?" Arthur asked, breaking the silence.

"Fine, thank you," I laughed at his ignorance. "You do know that I just found out that someone who I may have loved is now engaged, right? Of course, I'm not fine!"

"Sorry," he apologized. I could tell that he honestly felt remorse for what he had said. I instantly felt terrible, though I didn't say anything else. Arthur stayed quiet, knowing that he couldn't say anything to make me feel better or change the distance that we felt between each other.

"I think that I can get myself home from here," I finally spoke up after about twenty more minutes of following Arthur.

"Oh, okay." He pointed north, "Just go a little farther that-"

"I know, Arthur, I said I could get myself home." The emotions that I was feeling at that moment were overwhelming. I was sorry and sad, angry and annoyed, yet, I almost felt grateful for the amount of time I got to spend with Arthur, for it may have been the last.

"Right, sorry," he said.

I hadn't realized how close I had been standing to him until Arthur leaned towards me. I could feel his warmth in the frigid night air. I didn't know what to do. I started to lean closer to him as well, but I quickly pulled myself away. "You should be getting back to Evangeline," I told him, my eyes stinging with tears. Soon my eyes were clouded from holding it in.

"Yeah, I probably should." I sensed a quiver in his voice. As he turned around to leave, I grabbed his hand. I didn't know what my motivation was to do so, I just did. "What?" he asked.

"Thank you," I spoke, my voice scarcely audible. 

"Why? I'm the one who ruined you, hurt you, and did things that I shouldn't have done. You're the one who I should be thanking for even talking to me. It was truly wonderful getting to spend a bit more time with you. So, thanks."

"You're welcome," I said as I let go of his hand.
Thanks for reading!! This is the fourth part of a series that Just_A_Memory and I are writing! Here are the links to the other parts:
Part 1 - https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/203507/version/417836
Part 2 - https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/203517/version/417984
Part 3 - https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/203602/version/418047 

• ava09

FIUMFIKLEMFIUJKAMIHFKDH loe this sooo much. gonna go read part 5 noww and i can't wait for part 6 if it's not over yet! <3

about 23 hours ago

Oh my word oh my word. OH MY WORD!
    I love this so so SO Much!! I cannot wait to see where this goes!

1 day ago
  • Just_A_Memory

re: Part 5 is finally posted! Sorry it took so long, I was having a hard time deciding where to direct it <3

1 day ago
  • Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, thank you so much! I’m so happy you like it! I’m well, thank you! Glad it’s Saturday! XD

• Just_A_Memory

Yaya! Working on part five ;)