Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
discord LexLuthor#8769

Posting a little early because I honestly keep forgetting what day it is XD I've been sick for the last week and after a negative covid test, am finally getting better. (kind of...still not great but def on the mend)

anyway...first time reading? the links to the prev parts are in the footnotes.

This is the fourth part of a short series called heartbreak. It is my take on the whole "soulmate-trope" and set in an AU

a thank you/ SHOUTOUT to
The Ravenclaw Phoenix
for helping me find a name for the girl. I loved the name Mallory and the meaning (unlucky) fits so well!
But also thank you to everyone else who gave me name ideas--it was super helpful :)

LMK if you want to be updated on upcoming parts!
If I notified you and you don't want to be--just tell me in the comments and I'll take you off the list (no offense taken)

--
Check out some of my other series if you feel so inclined:

Traitors & Rebels -- a dystopian novel (continuing)
On the High Seas -- a pirate adventure (continuing)
heartbreak series -- soulmate au (this post right here lol)
Unlikely Hero -- fantasy (finished)

living life | continuation of heartbreak series | 4

18
Life moves on. I go to the store, I attend my classes, I try to ignore the looks and whispers. I focus on normal activities, like going to the library to pick up some research books. Teddy and I are working on studying communication for our end-of-quarter project. Winter break is coming up and we have a week before our presentation is due. 
    So there I was, sitting in an empty corner of the library, surrounded by a ton of loose papers. Teddy had class this period, so I told him I’d start on the outlining. He joined me after class. 
    “Mal?” 
    I look up to see Teddy, sporting a black beanie instead of his usual baseball cap. His ski coat dripped from the melting snow outside. 
    “Finally found you!” he said with a laugh. “Picked a pretty secluded table back here. Plus it’s hard to recognize you with your scarf all bundled around your neck.”
    “Did you walk here?” I questioned.
    “The library is only, like, three minutes from the high school. Are you taking a study break?” he asked, pointing to the paperback I was holding.
    I smiled sheepishly. “Got distracted,” I said with a shrug. 
    Teddy plucked the book from my hands. “Next in Line?” his eyebrow arched as he read the title. 
    “Yes, and don’t lose my place! I’m right where they are about to reveal the murderer!”
    “Ah, I see you’re working hard on our project then.”
    I grabbed my book back from Teddy. “As a matter of fact, yes, I have. I have the paper outlined and main sources highlighted.”
    Teddy sat at the table and slipped off his ski jacket. “Cool! Guess you don’t need my help then!”
    “Very funny,” I laughed.
    Teddy and I worked on the project endlessly. Okay maybe not endlessly--we got sidetracked discussing murder mysteries. We finished the assignment just as the librarian came to tell us they were closing. It was late afternoon and as we stepped into the winter air, it had already become dark. 
    “You aren’t walking, are you?” I asked Teddy.
    “My car’s at the high school.”
    “Let me give you a ride there,” I offered. 
    “Nah, I’m fine. But before I forget--you meeting us at Aspen’s tomorrow?”
    Aspen’s Diner was one of the best places to get a burger. Last year, Alice and I made a small habit of meeting there on Saturdays, either to eat or just hang out. They had great milkshakes too.
    “Yea, Alice told me about it! Are you going too?”
    “Braden invited me. I’ll see you there!” Teddy’s smile grew warm under the streetlights. He gave a little wave before heading toward the high school parking lot. 
    I smiled into my scarf, strangely excited for tomorrow afternoon.

This is a master piece! AHHHH i love this!!

• AstroWriter

Braden and Mal sitting in a tree xD...

ahhhh

• Just_A_Memory

It's so freaking goooooooooooooooooooooood! How are you so talented? What juice are you drinking, because I need some of it lol

• chasing sunsets

Ahhhh!! Every single time you publish your work, it feels like it gets better and better! The detail in this was incredible!! Can't wait for the next chapter :)

• V-Rose

It's so good! I love how it's going so far and I can't wait to see how it continues!

• Halopoet

Ahhh this is so coool. I love teddy and mal(forgot her fullname hehe) im sorry i wasnt active for a while. I have been reading alot. And thanks so so much for all the comments you're brilliant.

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

I missed parts two and three, so when you told part four came out, at first I was confused. Then I realized what had happened and knew I had some serious catching up to do. But it was worth it! I can't wait to find out what comes next! Keep on writing!

You've done it again!!! This is sooooooooooo awesome!

• books4life

I LOVE THIS SOOOO MUCH!! i am in love with where this is going, please write more amazing person!! :)

re: aww thank you for the support! I'm so glad you like my work, it means a lot to me <333 i'm blessed to be a part of such a loving community! <333

• AliMuscles04

AAAH I LOVE THIS

Yay! I am loving this series! Can't wait for a next part! Teddy is just so cute!

Re: I also did a second part to that series, talking about wings. It would be great if you could check it out! It's linked in the message box there.

• Rohan’s Defender

AWW! I know this is going somewhere...... love this chapter!
    Re: thank you so much!! :)

• los libros de queenie (queenie's books)

re: yeah, i deleted the mintyleaf account. i'm using this one right now to work on solely novels. you can update me using that one!

• Rose A(hiatus)

Just finished reading it! I can't wait to read what else you put out! If you ever become a famous author(you probably will if you chose to), you should publish this under a publishing company. :)