Paisley Blue

he/they | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

the sound of rain

Sorry for being so inactive, life is crazy lately. Hope you're all doing well <333

i'll forget you when the sun rises | footnotes

26

the tug and flow of breath in our lungs
balance of life and death, the universe swirling around us
and we are beautiful, we are beautiful
as the pulsating of our minds as one reaching
into the abyss of the space between the galaxies
ethereal fingers pulling at the edge of heaven
with eyes half-closed. and i don't want to lie
but the words on your lips threatens to erase all my truths
sleepwalking over stained glass, shards of what we've seen.
and i don't want to be alive, no, not if i can't find what it means
to live.

and in all the world your words are the first to reach me here
whispering against the frigid space under my ear
cold enough to burn against the surface of the sun
you trail your fingers along the bruises on my skin
and as i watch the moon grow dim, you look away and
take hold of my conscious and twirl me through
the stars. and it's salty and sweet, though your aftertaste
leaves me wishing for a sensation i can't describe,
as vague as the universe itself. and i can't stand being alive
without you by my side. i don't want to lie, but i have to
to survive.

goodbye, my love, there's nothing i can do,
see, i swore i'd never fall in love with you,
and the smoke in the air tells me i've run out of time
so i whisper to the rising moon, i'll never love anyone
like i love you
Oh my goodness. I did not think I would be writing this. But here I am, and the little number on my profile says 200, and I am completely stunned.

First of all, there are so many people I want to thank that I honestly cannot name them all. I would hate to leave any of you wonderful, beautiful authors and artists and poets out, so I am not going to say any names in particular. But I am talking to YOU, you, the person reading this RIGHT NOW--thank you. Thank you for seeing me and reading my words and understanding me just the tiniest bit. It's a big deal, when someone decides that you're worthy of being heard--and each one of you has heard me. I cannot say how much I love each and every one of you, from the people who followed that young girl five months ago, as summer began, to the people who saw me just today and clicked that sea-foam green button. You all hold a special place in my heart.

When I came to write the world, I was not very good with words. I only wrote poems in the dark, when no one was around to see me. I longed for someone to read my work, to tell me that maybe I did have something there, on the page. You all have given me so much confidence and helped me grow immeasurably. I cannot tell you how much appreciation, love, and gratefulness I feel towards each and every one of you.

So thank you. Thank you so, so much. Happy writing, to you all <333

Love,
Paisley Blue

• psithurism

hellooooo eela

• anemoia by a thread

this is simply gorgeous and heartbreaking, darling. every line in this. the "we are beautiful" line hit me. "and i don't want to be alive, no, not if i can't find what it means
    to live." that also. congratulations on 200+ followers, and best wishes to you!

• Starcatcher

Awww this is so sad. I really like the bit where it says 'balance of life and death, the universe swirling around us' Its so poetic, your such a taented writer.

Re: Hahaha... surprise? It's not really a secret, but that piece is one of the only times I've directly mentioned it. It's always funny when people find out though.

• Lilyaa

AHHHHH IM SO PROUD OF YOU!!

• Wisp

Replying: 1. Oh my gosh I am surprised anyone would even like that piece, but thank you so much for your words of support! Ever so sweet as always.
    2. As am I :) Much love to you Ella

• psithurism

<333

• los libros de queenie (queenie's books)

re: you're w e l c o m e

• lochnessie

WOAH
    ella you're brilliant, congratulations!

Wait. Reading the other comments: You joined in June!!!! That's so cool! I thought you'd been on here for like a year at least! I mean, I joined last October, and only hit 200 last month, though I probably guess I can blame that on the fact that I was absolutely inactive for the first six months XD. But seriously, like Anne says, you just fit into this community, that I never realised you joined just five months ago!

Ahhhhhhh! Congrats on 200! You deserve it, your writing is really great! We've only started talking recently, but I can tell you're an amazing person! And you're sleeping at last pieces are so beautiful! Keep writing!

Also, is it weird that I have 'Aaaaaaahhhhhhh' in my phone's dictionary?

Also, I've released part 2 of the enneagram types, and I've mentioned your piece in both of them, in the message box! I would love if you could check them out!

ana + quinn pt. 5 is out

• Wisp

1. "but the words on your lips threatens to erase all my truths
    sleepwalking over stained glass, shards of what we've seen."
    What the heck Paisley. You don't just get to waltz in here and make me sob like a child. Gosh this poem was like showering us in eternal blessings of all five senses. Ahhh it was so lovely and the ending ripped my heart out a little. Your writing always has this whimsical magical beautiful aura from it, and every word is just savorable. You have truly grown, and it is such a magnificent sight to behold.
    2. Congratulations!!! I remember your 100 piece, and I was so excited for you! And I still am! You deserve every single follower and every single word of encouragement you've ever received. You are just so sweet and supportive and as Anne said, a key core of this community. And I am just so ecstatic to be here to reach a milestone with you! Celebrate Ella, you deserve it :) To another 200!

• that one rat from ratatouille

when i say you deserve this and much more I FREAKIN MEAN IT YOU LESBIAN GODDESS! YOUR WRITING IS AMAZING AND DESERVES SO MUCH MORE ATTENTION! i love you <3

OMG BBY YOU MADE IT TO 200
    ALSO, THIS IS AN ANNOUCEMENT TO SAY I'LL BE POSTING ALL OF MY CURRENT NOVEL WORKS LIKE "ANA +QUINN" ON THIS ACCOUNT.
    OKAY BYEEE

• rwong

first off, congratssss on 200!!!! also this poem is sooooo beautifull!! (also i can't help but notice you're one piece away from 100 published pieces eeeeeekkk!!) :) have an amazing day!!

• Rose A(hiatus)

Re: Haha thanks. I'm literally so awkward when I get compliments. I'll just be like thanks question mark. it's okay if you weren't following me. You've given me so much support!
    Here's a weird handshakehivefivehug.

congrats on 200!!! That is a huge accomplishment! Your writing simply stuns me every time i open a piece! here's to 100 more! *raises champagne glass full of apple juice*

• Just_A_Memory

Stunning!
    "and the smoke in the air tells me i've run out of time
    like i love you"

Also, congrats! So proud to be one of them! <33333

• Rose A(hiatus)

Also, this is a beautiful piece! Breathtaking words!

• Rose A(hiatus)

You only joined in June? I thought you were a WtW veteran!! Here is a virtual imaginary handful of confetti and glitter. CONGRATULATIONS PAISLEY BLUE! We're all so happy to have you here on WtW. You have been a huge help to me and my writing and you're such a kind and encouraging person. Your writing was spectacular in the beginning and became even better!! You deserve all those followers(and more) and all the confetti glitter in the world. :)

• ChocolateKiwi

Congrats!!!!!!

• Jj101

Congrats!! 200 is big!!! I’m so happy for you, you are so inspiring and deserve each like, comment, and follow you get!!!!!!!!!

Re: You're welcome! (and I like more than just your writing, dingbat)

• pyrrhic

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REMEMBER WHEN YOU HIT 100.... it wasn't even that long ago... i couldn't be prouder!!! please, when you're all big and famous, remember that i'm your biggest fan. i always will be. i mean, it would be embarrassing if you did forget, because it's in my bio, sooo...
    but seriously, your writing has clearly inspired so many people. your words are inspirational and moving. you deserve each and every follower. i've seen you grow so much, and i can't wait to see you grow even more. ilysm <33333

Holy cheesecake you joined in June? I thought you'd been here longer than I had (or at least as long) because it feels so right with you here.

Wow, Ella. I can't say I'm surprised that you've hit this milestone, only that it didn't come sooner. You are an incredible person; a force to be reckoned with. Congrats, dear. <3

Yayy your writing is sooooo beautiful and I really like this piece :o congratssss!

congratulations for 200! damn, i think this is one of the fastest i've ever seen someone get there? i'm so proud and your beautiful writing totally deserves it (not to mention, this piece is gorgeous as well. it's so tender). i'm so glad to be apart of this journey, congrats for 200!

aww, crongrats of u lations!!! u deserve each and every one of us!! your writing always makes me think and the heavy topics you (sometimes) write about are turned into beautiful works of art. i love your writing and i like you said, it is a huge honor to be heard. keep writing!!! <3<3<3

• Busssy.Beee

YESSSSS!!! CONGRATS PAISLEY!! i'm sorry I couldn't follow you earlier, I completely forgot :( but I'm glad to have made it 200 :) but, you do really deserve each one, and much much more. I hope the world will treat you well!! Lots of love!! <3